Wiki Posts
Search

Club Europe and QR A320 in 24hrs.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by MrCheapSeats

None of us owe BA any loyalty!
I do owe BA loyalty based on what they did when a family member had a medical problem abroad.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
Except Asian members would need the 4 BA/IB/BA-codeshare flights to get OWS or OWE You might be right about the TATL market, which is a bit far away from here to have noticed properly :P

How did you find the QR flight into SIN, given seemingly that that's the only true longhaul on your journey?
​​​​
Still waiting in DOH! But the A350 is a great experience. Kind of BA F-

I shall now duck down awaiting incoming fire!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Still waiting in DOH! But the A350 is a great experience. Kind of BA F-

I shall now duck down awaiting incoming fire!
Looks like somebody has taken a picture of you in the lounge in DOH MrCheapSeats
Attached Images  
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Must have caught me without a glass in my hand!

Have retreated to a very nice quiet room on my own with a big sofa, TV armchair etc etc. Can't work out how to turn the lights off though.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
I really, really abhor the fact that people just blatantly say they abuse the TP system.<br /><br />May the day that the TP system disappears because BA realises it and we're left with spend requirements don't ever come.
<br /><br />For me it's one of the best things about BAEC. You can knock off the 4 qualifying flights on Comair or similar and then save TPs on other OW members. I don't really use QR enough during the year but combined with other OW flights its a good way of obtaining BAEC status.<br />
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad
. Although you are comparing an intra-Europe short-haul flight with a long-haul flight, we can appreciate your sentiment that it is possible to offer a good seat on a small aircraft.
I note from the flight history of the plane I flew on that QR actually use this product on SH routes too. It did draw a few wows from the Y pax boarding which is not something I've witnessed in CE!

What we need is another economic downturn so BA have to start trying hard to attract passengers. So long as the downturn doesn't effect my ability to buy seats! I know it won't lead to a 12J 120Y config but it may bring back the flower.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Im glad you were happy with your QR experience. I did the same route in January and QR had placed one of their old A320's on the route with old recliner seats and hand out ipad's. The food was tasteless and boarding a complete shambles.

In the interests of balance , i have flown QR on 787 before and that was a marvellous experience.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Anyway, imagine my surprise when boarding the QR A320 to find what is essentially their new long haul product. Lie flat seats, big screen, amenity bag etc etc. A six course meal, if you include a small box of Godiva chocolates and top notch wines. I would say it lie closer to BA F than CW. It's just amazing what BA customers put up with. Now, I know that many have no choice and that is what BA rely on but quite why anyone is flying east on BA who does not have time pressure baffles me. I am also aware that QR planes vary but food and wine are always the same and you get an ipad if you get a really old plane. Seats are still big and comfy even on the old planes
Can you imagine your disappointment on boarding an 8 hour flight from DOH to Kigali to discover you're in a cradle seat. It happens more often than not. It's not always rosy at QR. Bottom line is that BA are more consistent at providing lie-flat longhaul seats than any other major carrier.

But great you had a wonderful flight. You clearly have a passion for flying. I haven't seen someone gush so positively about their flying experience for quite some time. Sadly for many it's just a necessary evil of life/work, when non-stop with BA does the trick better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.