Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club World seat reservations not free?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I wouldn't pay but as they're still doing it many years after they introduced it one has to assume it works for BA...and quite frankly that's all that matters.

It's your call.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I wouldn't pay but as they're still doing it many years after they introduced it one has to assume it works for BA...and quite frankly that's all that matters.

It's your call.

Wasn't aware that this is standard for quite a while.

But in any case, thanks to all who responded and helped educating me. Safe travels to all of you.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Wasn't aware that this is standard for quite a while.

But in any case, thanks to all who responded and helped educating me. Safe travels to all of you.
After the trip you are flying, you would have had Bronze status on BA and would be able to pre select seats 7 days before departure on future trips. It's a loyalty program, most of us with some kind of BA status like the pre assigned seating policy.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
This question is asked at least once a week by a newbie…

Cracks me up how low BA goes that they charge $90 for a J seat assignment
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
What matters is that the amount is high enough to discourage non-status passengers from actually doing it. That way BAEC G/S card holders get to book the good seats even if we don't buy our tickets long in advance. Especially the 747 UD ones of which there's limited supply.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:29 am

This question is asked at least once a week by a newbie…

No they dont.They only charge non Oneworld elites.Not the same thing at all.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
No they dont.They only charge non Oneworld elites.Not the same thing at all.
I very well know that OW elites do not need to pay, my point is that pretty much every airline doesn't charge for it.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:37 am

I very well know that OW elites do not need to pay, my point is that pretty much every airline doesn't charge for it.
But that is not what you posted.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
But that is not what you posted.
Well it was made obvious for those who didn't know from before. This thread was indeed about the confusion behind the charge for non elites so I wanted to share my opinion on it.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:51 am

Well it was made obvious for those who didn't know from before. This thread was indeed about the confusion behind the charge for non elites so I wanted to share my opinion on it.
So did I.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
What matters is that the amount is high enough to discourage non-status passengers from actually doing it. That way BAEC G/S card holders get to book the good seats even if we don't buy our tickets long in advance. Especially the 747 UD ones of which there's limited supply.
With me, its enough to discourage me from choosing BA in the first place. Since I don't have status with anyone, and since BA is usually the same price as other airlines that do not charge, I simply book with those other airlines. Win/win. I get a superior product where I can choose my seat, and BA doesn't have to deal with me and my non-status-ness.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
With me, its enough to discourage me from choosing BA in the first place. Since I don't have status with anyone, and since BA is usually the same price as other airlines that do not charge, I simply book with those other airlines. Win/win. I get a superior product where I can choose my seat, and BA doesn't have to deal with me and my non-status-ness.
Which is what any normal thinking person does.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Which is what any normal thinking person does.
Normal people don't have thousands of posts on FT.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Originally Posted by JAXBA
BA price it this way to give those who are neurotic about where they sit the option of paying for it. They also price it so as to discourage customers from actually paying it.

Before paid seating, a lot of non-status customers were indignant that they couldn't choose seats, even for a fee…

If someone insists on paying then BA will take the money, but there should be reasonable options left to choose when check-in opens.
But not any more thanks to theoretical seating. On my last A 380 trip at T-24 there were only 2 seats left to choose from.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
That can happen, true. I haven't flown under theoretical seating yet, so I'm yet to experience that part. Before TS the map was usually fairly open IME.

Looking at the seat map for the BA056 JNBLHR today and tomorrow, I do see that a lot of seats are restricted - not occupied but not necessarily available for open selection. I'll be interested to see how it works for my NYC-LHR-CPT flights this August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.