First wing guesting, is it allowed?

Old Apr 12, 17, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
First wing guesting, is it allowed?

Hi all,

i am just wondering if there is any direction with regards to First wing guesting.

I am a Gold card holder flying tonight from T5 for a short haul flight and will use the first wing.

However, tonight, my partner is flying to a different destination than mine (in WT) and will be at T5 at the same time.
He has no status and i intend to guest him into the in the First lounge. but will he be able to use the first wing with me?

I would understand if not.

Thanks
Old Apr 12, 17, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
The rule is simple, if you're eligible for the Flounge then you're eligible for the first wing, so your guest should be fine.
Old Apr 12, 17, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC (continued soft landing)
Originally Posted by Bastien003 View Post
Hi all,

i am just wondering if there is any direction with regards to First wing guesting.

I am a Gold card holder flying tonight from T5 for a short haul flight and will use the first wing.

However, tonight, my partner is flying to a different destination than mine (in WT) and will be at T5 at the same time.
He has no status and i intend to guest him into the in the First lounge. but will he be able to use the first wing with me?

I would understand if not.

Thanks
My understanding is that the first wing has the same guest rules as the lounges. So, provided they are also on a oneworld flight you should be able to guest them.

Anecdotally I can tell you that while both myself and Ms r00ty are GCH, the first wing guardian lady did originally think I was guesting. So it's definitely allowed.

Also anecdotally, when I was silver and ms r00ty wasn't, I guested her on multiple occasions into the GC South when we were on different flights.

So while not concrete I would not imagine you'd have any problems.
Old Apr 12, 17, 6:10 am

that should be fine - First Wing feeds directly into the Galleries First lounge, so the same guesting rules apply i.e. one guest each for passengers travelling in First and Gold BAEC members, or two guests for Gold Guest List BAEC members - guests must be travelling on a BA/OneWorld ticket, but it need not be the same flight

the only difference between these rules and what went before is that it was previously just about OK (normally) to squeeze an extra guests or two in at First check-in and then through fast track security - the guesting limit is now very strictly enforced in the First Wing since this leads directly to the lounges
Old Apr 12, 17, 6:12 am

same rule for Silver, by the way - your one guests into Galleries Club need not be on the same flight as you
Old Apr 12, 17, 6:37 am

Flew F earlier this week, colleague in Y - guested through Wing fine.
Old Apr 12, 17, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by layz View Post
The rule is simple, if you're eligible for the Flounge then you're eligible for the first wing, so your guest should be fine.
Exactly. In fact, access to the F wing is access to the F lounge as there is no further check if that's where you are going. That's also why there will be no exceptions made to the guesting rules so people with more guests than they are allowed to bring in the lounge have to use the regular fast track.
Old Apr 12, 17, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the answer. I'm aware of the Lounge guesting rules but i thought that the rules could be different for the First Wing. so this definitely helps!
Old Apr 12, 17, 7:40 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by BaldVegan View Post
Flew F earlier this week, colleague in Y - guested through Wing fine.
Ouch - I hope it wasn't your boss?!

And if it was I hope he/she is understanding!
Old Apr 12, 17, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, All Platinium, Hyatt Globalist
GCH holder flying tomorrow (CE) with my wife (SCH) and 3 months old baby. I know they will probably let us in into the First lounge (we have already been) but as not strictly by the rules would it be the same through First Wing?
Old Apr 12, 17, 2:15 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr View Post
GCH holder flying tomorrow (CE) with my wife (SCH) and 3 months old baby. I know they will probably let us in into the First lounge (we have already been) but as not strictly by the rules would it be the same through First Wing?
I can't see why they wouldn't let you all in. Gold can guest one and the baby doesn't count as a guest. TFW rules are the same as lounge rules.
Old Apr 12, 17, 2:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr View Post
No prolem, infants are allowed and not considered 'guests'.
Old Apr 12, 17, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, All Platinium, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks KARFA!
I was not sure and don't won't to play the system. But wife (and baby) will be happy with the fast and easy security and lounge access.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: