BA may start BoB in Y longhaul!

Old Apr 12, 17, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider View Post
Don't mix up Air France's results with that of the combined group. Very much KLM leading the way.

"Air France's operating profit declined 12.7% to 372 million; KLM's, meanwhile, rose more than three-quarters to 681 million."

And if you care to look it up, BA on its own, made considerably more profit than that.
I was answering the statement: "AF don't seem to be able to get people to pay enough for its service to make it profitable." (emphasis mine), which, in my reading, addresses the issue of yield. AF and BA had the same RASK evolution in 2016 within 0.1 of each other ex-cur. In terms of groups, AFKL (-4.4%) had a better year on RASK than both IAG (-5.7%) and LHG (-5.8%).

AF's profit is dragged down by still catastrophic cargo figures and Hop which is included in the results, but also by the impact of the terrorist attacks in 2016 (direct cost 120 million, indirect over twice more).
Old Apr 12, 17, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider View Post
You may think that...

Just announced, IAG premium traffic up 6.9% in March year on year.

All airlines will have a tougher time going forward, the market is much softer. Who has the right strategy is anyone's guess...
Was that number adjusted for the fact that premium-light Easter fell in March in the base year?
Old Apr 12, 17, 4:31 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH FTL (Silver), BA Blue
Originally Posted by ENTP View Post
Was that number adjusted for the fact that premium-light Easter fell in March in the base year?
Yes and look BA's traffic grew much slower than the other IAG airlines.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Search Engine: