Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Delayed flight, delayed journey to airport, does LGW let you checkin later?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat

The M40 and M25 seem to be doing much better impressions of carparks this afternoon than usual, and my airport-bound coach is still on the M25 about an hour after it was scheduled to be at Gatwick. The bus driver has given up offering expected arrival times, due to all the traffic. Joy...

Looking on the BA website, my flight from LGW is delayed too, by about 30 minutes at the moment.

For a short haul flight, I gather that BA close checkin 45 minutes before departure. If your flight is delayed, do BA at LGW offer any flexibility on that, eg only 45 minutes from the delayed departure time?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
They won't keep Check-In open, but call BA now and they should apply the 'flat-tyre' rule.

Is there a later flight to your destination?

M
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
In the end, we made it to the checkin area a couple of minutes before checkin officially closed! But there was a queue for both first and club checkin... Got served 2 minutes after checking officially closed, by an agent who apologized for the delay. She said she'd push the bags through anyway as we'd been there in time, then noticed that the flight was delayed, then said that meant there's be no issues at all

Not sure if that means it's officially fine, or unofficially fine with a friendly agent...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.