Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access [when flying FlyBe]?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Delta Skymiles, Hilton Honors, IHG One Rewards, Melia Rewards
Lounge Access [when flying FlyBe]?

Apologies but can't find this anywhere.

Is there lounge access when using Flybe flights at all?

Thanks,

gaz
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

If BA ticketed, plus in possession of a Gold card, and seeking to use a BA operated lounge, then the answer is probably yes. There is no guarantee however as local arrangements and capacity controls will influence the outcome.

If you can advise us which lounge or airport you have in mind, this will help us answer your question with greater precision.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Delta Skymiles, Hilton Honors, IHG One Rewards, Melia Rewards
Originally Posted by Prospero
If BA ticketed, plus in possession of a Gold card, and seeking to use a BA operated lounge, then the answer is probably yes. There is no guarantee however as local arrangements and capacity controls will influence the outcome.

If you can advise us which lounge or airport you have in mind, this will help us answer your question with greater precision.
Yeah BA ticketed flying from ABZ then back from LHR however I'm only BA Silver so maybe no access?

gaz
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gaz68
Yeah BA ticketed flying from ABZ then back from LHR however I'm only BA Silver so maybe no access?

gaz
Unfortunately not. Access to the BA lounge is for gold card holders (and a guest).
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:28 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gaz68

gaz
Note that if you were gold, you would not only need to be BA ticketed, you also need to be on a BA flight number.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
I have a related question: MAN-DUS, AB ticketed, AB flight number, operated by Flybe - does OWE (BA Gold) get lounge access at MAN?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by manord
I have a related question: MAN-DUS, AB ticketed, AB flight number, operated by Flybe - does OWE (BA Gold) get lounge access at MAN?
Nope. Under oneworld rules it would need to be oneworld marketed and operated, under BA rules it would need to be BA marketed and BA ticketed and for you to be a gold.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
OK, thanks. I'm sure I'll survive with no lounge for half an hour :-)
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by andset1191
Note that if you were gold, you would not only need to be BA ticketed, you also need to be on a BA flight number.

few and far between and soon to be reduced to one route ex LGW I believe

cs
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flybe LGW - NQY

Booked a Flybe ticket and got lounge access which was a pleasent surprise.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by Sparky_
Booked a Flybe ticket and got lounge access which was a pleasent surprise.
Was this BA ticketed / coded?

I'm a BA*Gold and fairly often find myself on routes that aren't BA operated, eg Scotland to Birmingham or Belfast - would be interested in hearing how to book (FlyBE) tickets with BA code for lounge access purposes?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by so3003
Was this BA ticketed / coded?

I'm a BA*Gold and fairly often find myself on routes that aren't BA operated, eg Scotland to Birmingham or Belfast - would be interested in hearing how to book (FlyBE) tickets with BA code for lounge access purposes?
Flybe ticketed, only noticed it was a codeshare whilst eating breakfast (paid for) downstairs. You can’t book LGW - NQY on ba.com
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Sparky_
Flybe ticketed, only noticed it was a codeshare whilst eating breakfast (paid for) downstairs. You can’t book LGW - NQY on ba.com
Well unless there is more to this, it should not have been allowed (at least at the BA lounge) unless it was BA ticketed. And you can book (e.g.) BCN-LGW-NQY on BA.com.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
To clarify

gold card holder BA codeshare = lgw BA Lounge access

everyone else no

flybe codeshare can only be booked as BA code if part of a non domestic/JER connecting itinerary.

cs
Old May 3, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I just booked an AMS-LCY on BA.com using Avios and assumed it was a codeshare, but now realise it's actually a FlyBe flight (operated by a DH8!) I am BA Gold and the ticket is 125- stock however it's a FE flight number. Will I get lounge access in AMS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.