Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can you purchase a day pass to access to British Airway airport lounges

Can you purchase a day pass to access to British Airway airport lounges

Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This may have been suggested before.

There are remarkably few fares easily available from BA which give 100% refund, and of course make an error on the no-sho timing and you could get nothing back at all.
And imagine trying to explain that to the missus!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC
A non-fraudulent way would be to use miles/avios for a CE one way redemption and go into the lounge using that BP
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
A non-fraudulent way would be to use miles/avios for a CE one way redemption and go into the lounge using that BP
Thinking about this, could you book a one way redemption to say MAN for 7750 miles and 25, and gain access?

Just to confuse things, we are travelling LHR-JFK in CW and my brother-in-law has booked late to join us, but in economy. This is the only way I can think to get him access with us to the lounge, but would him checking in for two flights at roughly the same time flag up?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:49 pm

I spent some hours in T5 without lounge access recently. Its fine. Plane Food has better grub. Fishy things and bubbles available in several places. You can walk around using the walkways to past the time interestingly.

Not a problem. Although I have just gained Silver so will be wacking back the bacon rolls and champagne for the next couple of years.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dadio77
Thinking about this, could you book a one way redemption to say MAN for 7750 miles and 25, and gain access?

Just to confuse things, we are travelling LHR-JFK in CW and my brother-in-law has booked late to join us, but in economy. This is the only way I can think to get him access with us to the lounge, but would him checking in for two flights at roughly the same time flag up?
It wouldnt work. Checking in for 2 flights isnt the problem, its conformance.
If you go through security using the CE pass, the actual economy flight will cancel before you get to the gate as you havent cleared security on time.
And if you use the economy pass, you problem will come as you try to get into the lounge. Your CE pass will flag as not having cleared security and so wont be valid for the lounge.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dadio77

The CE RFS booking would not need to be for a flight at the same time (eg could be for much later flight) or in exactly the same name (eg Ed instead of Edward etc.)
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
How could you have a "ready to fly" status on the CE bp isn't being flown on? When you try and use it at the lounge the lack of this flag will raise questions surely? Your brother-in-law would have had to use the economy bp for passport check and to enter security so that would be the one marked correctly.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
How could you have a "ready to fly" status on the CE bp isn't being flown on? When you try and use it at the lounge the lack of this flag will raise questions surely? Your brother-in-law would have had to use the economy bp for passport check and to enter security so that would be the one marked correctly.
It's a faff but enter T5 using your first BP, take the train to C, come back through immigration to departures or flight connections using BP2 and voila you are airside with conformance met on two flights. I'm not saying this is sensible or rational but it can be done lawfully and without breaking rules.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I spent some hours in T5 without lounge access recently. Its fine. Plane Food has better grub. Fishy things and bubbles available in several places. You can walk around using the walkways to past the time interestingly.

Well-said ^

All too easy to become obsessed (I include myself) with lounges ; and at an airport such as LHR, it's not exactly a hardship to kill time in & around the many facilities of the main terminal.

Reading through some of the wacky suggestions for gaining access to the BA lounge, one could be forgiven for imagining it's the eighth wonder of the world.
MichaelBaku likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It's a faff but enter T5 using your first BP, take the train to C, come back through immigration to departures or flight connections using BP2 and voila you are airside with conformance met on two flights. I'm not saying this is sensible or rational but it can be done lawfully and without breaking rules.
Sounds quite desperate, and a lot of faff just to get in to a lounge. I would have thought one would be better off spending 25 and the cash equivalent of the 7750 avios in one of the places in T5 to get something to eat and drink.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Sounds quite desperate, and a lot of faff just to get in to a lounge. I would have thought one would be better off spending 25 and the cash equivalent of the 7750 avios in one of the places in T5 to get something to eat and drink.
Agree entirely. Just wanted to note that it was possible. People on FT do far crazier things
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
People on FT do far crazier things
But so far I've only seen few people willing to spend nearly 8k in Avios + 25 to get access to a BA lounge. I'd probably wouldn't want to spend 25 to see the inside of a BA lounge (those that you can enter with a CE/CW BP). Spending 8k on top of that is madness.

You could have a pretty decent afternoon outside the lounge with the cash equivalent.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux
But so far I've only seen few people willing to spend nearly 8k in Avios + 25 to get access to a BA lounge. I'd probably wouldn't want to spend 25 to see the inside of a BA lounge (those that you can enter with a CE/CW BP). Spending 8k on top of that is madness.

You could have a pretty decent afternoon outside the lounge with the cash equivalent.
I'm neither defending nor advocating it! It is, however, possible should anyone be so inclined.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
It's a faff but enter T5 using your first BP, take the train to C, come back through immigration to departures or flight connections using BP2 and voila you are airside with conformance met on two flights. ... it can be done lawfully and without breaking rules.
Whilst not illegal I'd have thought it would attract the interest of security teams if detected. That would help find a way to pass time, but the lack of bubbles could be distressing .

I'm not saying this is sensible or rational ...
Perfect FT fodder then .
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
For real luxury service at T5 go to the Fortnam's and Mason's restaurant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.