Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Email from Mr Cruz - that's a first for me!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email from Mr Cruz - that's a first for me!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:57 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Mine must be in the post then...
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:25 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
He forgot to sign off with "Love, xoxo"

He did to me.

Besitos, tu Alex.

Doubtless he wanted to join the "fawnfest"
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
I got it too.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just so I'm clear though - still no arrivals lounge at Gatwick?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

He did to me.

Besitos, tu Alex.
Doesn't he sign off like that to all BA pensioners?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by V10
I can confirm that as a blue member with a history of travelling in BA's less profitable cabins, Seńor Cruz isn't interested in letting me know about these exciting new developments.
Well, I can confirm that as a GGL with a history of travelling in BA's MORE profitable cabins, Seńor Cruz isn't interested in letting me know about these exciting new developments.

Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by BogusBogan
I read the email as saying:
"Lots of people are complaining, I need to reassure people.
I'm continuing to cut everything to maximise short-term profit. I don't care about the long-term effect on the BA brand, but here's some nice dressing-up of the cuts so that I can say it's what customers want and that I'm caring about the brand."

There's only so many trust-busters Cruz & BA can commit before their words are ignored. They passed that limit with me a while ago.
You're not the only one. I had the same reaction and then I hit "delete". I didn't bother to watch the video because my interpretation of the email was exactly the same as yours.

The email made no mention of a new CW seat - what an own-goal. I only found out in this thread.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
To be fair - the page linked direct from the email does clearly talk about the new Club seat...whilst the email might have mentioned it specifically, it at least alludes to a big investment in Club

if you're not going to even follow the single link you can hardly complain about feeling you don't have the information...
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by ratypus
To be fair - the page linked direct from the email does clearly talk about the new Club seat...whilst the email might have mentioned it specifically, it at least alludes to a big investment in Club

if you're not going to even follow the single link you can hardly complain about feeling you don't have the information...
A company doing outbound communication to customers would be well advised including key information and not expecting the customer to click through.
Email open rates are hideously low these days, yet most companies still assume email messages mean the customer knows. Expecting a customer to take a further step after opening is wishful thinking IMO.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:18 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Doesn't he sign off like that to all BA pensioners?
No. He tell me that I am special. As you said I was to you once. When this place was far more amusing than it is now.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
That video is so cringe. Who made that guy CEO?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

When this place was far more amusing than it is now.
Amen to that PG. The craic many of us used to have on this forum 10 years ago sadly no longer exists.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
No email for me either - can't say I missed out on much from reading it!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Both iWife and I are feeling unloved and unwanted by Sr. Cruz. He will have to work much harder to get us back from AA
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I got one and the work email system automatically filed it as Junk.

I'm extremely grateful to Alex Cruz, It's thanks to his cost cutting that I had a look about and have flown J/F on -

Qatar
Emirates
Qantas
Etihad
Finnair
United
AA
Cathay

and Y on

Thai

and come to the realisation that they are all miles and miles better than BA.

Cya - or maybe not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.