Search

TXL Terminal D - Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
TXL Terminal D - Lounge access

Hi all,
i'll be flying TXL-LCY tomorrow and it looks like the flights are departing from Terminal D in TXL.
As i will arrive at the airport a bit early, i am wondering which lounge i can use. Can i use the BA lounge in Terminal A?
Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Yes, you can - the lounge is pre-security. But I'd advise you to make the way to Terminal D in good time - waaaay before the incoming plane has landed, - because Terminal D is a pretty insane zoo at the best of times, with BA sharing slots with Ryanair et al and no Fast-Track security etc
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thank you!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Originally Posted by BAMuc
Yes, you can - the lounge is pre-security. But I'd advise you to make the way to Terminal D in good time - waaaay before the incoming plane has landed, - because Terminal D is a pretty insane zoo at the best of times, with BA sharing slots with Ryanair et al and no Fast-Track security etc
Totally agree with this. Did this route the other week and went to the lounge. Queue for security in Terminal D was horrendous and then had to wait ages for a bus to the aircraft as the bus control system had broken down.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by BAMuc
....because Terminal D is a pretty insane zoo at the best of times, with BA sharing slots with Ryanair .....
Ryanair doesn't fly to TXL !!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I always find it difficult to judge when to leave the lounge at TXL, especially when I'm flying out of terminal D. As BAMuc says, it can be a real zoo at times with long, chaotic lines for equally chaotic security. At other times, like I found yesterday, there can be almost no-one else there, and you can end up with 45 minutes to kill in that holding pen for the two non-Schengen gates (where there isn't even a gents' toilet).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.