Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BAinvestment4U - BA Investment Event April 5, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAinvestment4U - BA Investment Event April 5, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC HHonours SPG EK Skywards QFF VS flying club
Q. Is BA looking to shrink the size of Y cabins, and make the "world traveller" product more selective at the booking stage for customers to hand pick/build their own product, e.g Pay for/preorder food onboard and drinks, pay for checked luggage, selected seating, priority biarding, lounge access etc. Will BA therefore at the same time be looking to expand it's WTP and Club cabins and remove First, or move First to only a select number of routes?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Firstly, have a brilliant day - I bet pretty much every Flyertalker would love to have been invited - irrespective of the name!

My questions would be to seek reassurance that there is no scrimping going on on safety and maintenance... Having recently flown on two 747s - one that had a space between the lining of the cabin and the shell of the plane/window giving the illusion there was a hole to the outside, and the other which had a broken lift so they couldn't run a service upstairs and we were all moved down - it makes me slightly nervous that that the equipment is not being best maintained. The poor cleaning is one thing but I really don't like experiencing broken bits on planes!

Enjoy your day and I look forward to your report back!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Calum
Would there ever be an AA EXP type benefit to BOB where you can get one drink & snack as a benefit of gold
yes would like to know this too
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I'd like to know how he is going to give a speech on the plane. Is it a pre recorded message. Half of the passengers will be facing the wrong way... or maybe they will make the Y cabin a presentation room.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by jday
yes would like to know this too
more fundamentally when will they fix the IT.
yet another c--k up on the OP's invitation- check in is for ba9244 but the flight is listed as 2944. just adds to the list of the IT and admin incompetence - and no surprise when you sack too many staff too quickly.

please ask Cruz that as he left Vueling a mess and days from the Spanish pulling its AOC whether he intends the same degree of destruction at BA?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Invite him (Cruz) to the next FT London do (if one is planned).

Also what future proactive measures does he plan to take with all the escalations and feedback he receives via Twitter?

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&..._cruz&src=typd
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by ianwall
Do BA have any investment plans to complete the "refresh" of the rest of the LH fleet, particularly 777's? Will this be a WT/WTP re-cover + new IFE throughout (like Super-J 747's), or full refit and move to 10 across Y (like Gatwick sub-fleet)?
As far as I'm aware the only proposition that has been approved is for the refurbishment of some of the LGW planes (the entirety of the 3-class group plus a handful of 4-class, to be changed to 3 class) with the same interiors of the 787-9 and the Super Hi-J 747's IFE. Decision, as of last month, hadn't been made yet on the remainder of the LGW 777 or the RR-powered 777 in LHR. Decision (and $$$) aside the issue will be to get the planes off the air and in the hangars.

Originally Posted by jday
I'd like to know how he is going to give a speech on the plane. Is it a pre recorded message. Half of the passengers will be facing the wrong way... or maybe they will make the Y cabin a presentation room.
There's an illustrious predecessor!

Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Q. Will the World Traveller Plus main dish still come from the Club World menu once the new catering for Club World is introduced?

Q. Can interlining be retained when a booking is in conjunction with an award ticket?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA gold
I echo questions on interlining.

My other two questions would be:

Can long haul Y travellers expect to endure more cutbacks and more cramped conditions?

Will there ever be a way to upsell for those folks stuck on company Y policy on TA tickets and unable to pay directly to BA for upgrades?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Avis Presidents Club, Majestic Platinum*
Competitive Benchmarking

My Q

Given the numerous FT comments regarding other airlines J offering is AC planning to mandate KPIs within BA senior management to travel on a variety of other carriers to ensure future reviews of their J offering ( and F) can be reviewed and discussed by an informed group with first hand experience of the competitive set?

Enjoy the day - sounds fun and my experience of First Wing this morning was excellent
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
1) Us provincial types feel like second class citizens. Maybe the return of direct services is unrealistic but connectors through LHR suffer (no online UUA, no POUG, inability to book domestic connections when LH avios availability opens up, inability to interlink on separate tickets, unnecessarily long MCT for DOM>INT (particularly for SH)).
2) Please fix the short haul boarding process & the lack of consistency in how even the current process is applied
3) let's stop trying to pass off service cuts or cost savings as enhancements. Just be open - with something like "we cut the club world kitchen offering to keep us cost competitive".
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Perhaps ask about ticket reissues for 241 and UUA and why there is a manual process involved at all? There seems to have been an increase in the number of threads about people not being ticketed very close to departure. Why is this not automated and why does it require manual intervention? Seems very 1970's to me.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I think that a couple of questions spring to mind:

Q. What is BA doing to improve the consistency of its service offerings insofar as they are applied by staff? One of the frequent complaints is a lack of consistency, especially on board.

Q. What is BA's strategy when it comes to traffic originating in North America, especially when viewed in the context of AA launching its PE cabin? There are few, if any sales, for those of us living in the USA when compared to the EU and UK markets yet prices for trips originating in the US seem significantly higher when compared to the same journey (albeit in reverse) starting in the UK.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
As mentioned above several times, would he please bring back Interlining?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA CCR, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Could there be a different colour used for GGL/CCR boarding passes and code on the BP to enable easy ID for a more relaxed Cabin Baggage limits.

Reason I fly on BA is there have been quite relaxed on hand baggage - having to gate check a bag en route to Manchester at end of a trip simply turns me off doing a domestic connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.