Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BAinvestment4U - BA Investment Event April 5, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAinvestment4U - BA Investment Event April 5, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: B A Gold
Many valid questions above .... and some others ! For me I would like the cleaning aspect pushed ! I like the BA First & Club Product and economy just is what it is.

However it really is an issue to get to your seat and find mess around it whether if First or Economy.

Also not a question as such but I would like to remind him that he has some incredible staff that do set the BA products aside. The product on ME3 may be better in business but IMHO the staff just do not match up to BA.

Enjoy the experience and look forward to all feedback before I fly in First on Easter Monday.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Will he consider changing BoB so as to provide for a free drink/small snack on all flights supplemented by a wider BoB menu?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
1. When was the last time you and members of your senior team flew on a non BA flight, which airline was it and how does it compare to BA.

2. Do you and your senior team personally read sites like flyer talk to see unvarnished comments from BA passengers and the difficulties they often have dealing with issues such as refunds and eu261 claims and IT systems that often don't work.

3. What do you propose to do to improve staff morale.

4. Do BA actively target 2-4-1 for downgrades or is it just a perception.
If I hadn't been so comprehensively beaten to it by UKtravelbear, I was going to ask for one of 1, 2 or 4 above myself. ^
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
+1 on the BAinvestment4U comments - this doesn't come across as a British or premium airline with event titles like this.

Mine would be:

There appears to be a continued erosion of F&B services across all classes (e.g. Elimination of items from WT/WTP tray, Snack basket for second meal in WT/WTP - just plain embarrasing, club kitchen reductions, dessert OR cheese in CW, amuse bouche and A380 tasting menu gone in F, poorer F&B offerings in outstation BA-branded lounges). Some of these are subtle and some more significant.

How can BA justify these changes to its frequent flyers and compete with the legacy airlines (i.e. NOT Norwegian!) both east and west of London?

Last edited by Foofighter69; Apr 4, 2017 at 7:27 am
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:23 am

Would there ever be an AA EXP type benefit to BOB where you can get one drink & snack as a benefit of gold
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Are there any plans to improve the boarding process, both in short and long haul? It only takes a few flights to spot the incredible number of inefficincies and inconsistencies in BA's boarding process.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:59 am

For those asking about the strange event name, internally BA's new business plan is titled Plan4 and everything is getting a dose of Plan4 branding.

There is a Plan4Customer and Plan4People and the internal magazine has been renamed from Up to Speed to UptoSpeed4You to give some examples.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
I would like to know whether there are any plans to improve the arrivals experience at T5 for First and Gold passengers now that improvements have been made to the departure experience
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by gingeola
For those asking about the strange event name, internally BA's new business plan is titled Plan4 and everything is getting a dose of Plan4 branding.

There is a Plan4Customer and Plan4People and the internal magazine has been renamed from Up to Speed to UptoSpeed4You to give some examples.
So Plans 1, 2 and 3 were obviously dismissed. Be interested to hear about plans 5 and 6
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by Calum
Would there ever be an AA EXP type benefit to BOB where you can get one drink & snack as a benefit of gold
This would be my question too - and it is related to the day's events because as a Gold the fact that BA doesn't value me enough to give me a coffee and a biscuit or a G&T and bag of crisps is much more of a factor in my choice of airline than a nice new corridor.

(I'm sure the First Wing will be lovely and I will use it, but making every short haul flight better by giving golds a free drink and snack would be much more impactful and has been done successfully by both AA and BMI..)
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gingeola

The 4 comes from the four components: Plan4 – Customers, Operations, Efficiency and People.

Examples of each are:
- Customers: Club World and wifi investments
- Operations: New IT systems for fleet flexibility during irrops, baggage arrivals capex.
- Efficiency: lower cost base, "we must adapt to the competitive realities of today, and tomorrow".
- People: less head office focus, more focus on front line staff and their training.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
In line with the request to keep the thread focused on constructive and probing questions, some posts have been removed (or because they were responding to deleted posts) because they were not complying with that request.

Most of them would have been OK in other threads but it would be good to respect the request from the OP to keep the focus, particularly when the OP is going to have to wade through the thread to pick questions to ask. If we are not careful, we would end up burying serious questions in a sea of clutter.

Please do not enter into discussions about any issues on this thread, or make comments about whatever and please focus on constructive and probing questions you want Tobias-UK to ask Alex Cruz or others that he might get to question.

We'll have no choice but to delete any posts that do not fit that description (while we feel bad about wasting your effort to post on this thread, we will have to be disciplined about this, or the thread will become unworkable).

Thank you for your cooperation.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Apr 4, 2017 at 10:22 am
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I wouldn't be distracted by the BAinvestment4U moniker. We live in a digital age and an era of Facebook, Whatsapp and hashtags. Type #BAinvestment4U in your search engine or social media platform tomorrow and I'm sure BA's press office will be vindicated.

Many thanks for all the questions, some have certainly attracted my attention. Obviously I can't ask all of the questions posted, and some may well be answered (at least in part) in Alex Cruz's speaches. Please keep them coming, I know other attendees are reading this topic and may well take inspiration from what's posted.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Apr 4, 2017 at 9:50 am Reason: Response to deleted post deleted
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Many of the questions I've thought of have appeared, but I would very much like the focus to be on BA, not BAEC.

Being non-confrontational, but perhaps slightly open to a woolly answer, where does AC see his competition's strategy developing over the next 5-10 years? How does he think BA should respond? Does he think BA should just respond rather than lead? Who are his competition?

Last edited by andrelux; Apr 4, 2017 at 9:58 am
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
2. Do you and your senior team personally read sites like flyer talk to see unvarnished comments from BA passengers and the difficulties they often have dealing with issues such as refunds and eu261 claims and IT systems that often don't work.
Good one.

3. What do you propose to do to improve staff morale.
:-: An even better one. I might suggest amending slightly to ask (in all seriousness, no sarcasm intended) "Are you aware staff morale is in the toilet, and what do you propose to do to improve this?"

Replace toilet with 'all time low' if preferred.

Maybe the aforementioned Plan4People will have something towards this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.