Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

On 2-4-1 Can't print boarding pass Concerned!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Due to travel back to LGW from BGI in F on BA2154 tomorrow.

Having been downgraded before on 2-4-1 on same route am concerned as although I appear to have been able to check in online and have got check in confirmation email, I am getting the message "Boarding Pass print not available".
My online checkin status in Manage my booking shows "in progress"

I have always been able to print my boarding pass before on this route so am concerned about another possible downgrade tomorrow.

Would appreciate any advice please.

Many thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Can't speak to those specifics, but try not to read too much into it...lots of reported instances recently of the BA app denying electronic boarding passes for no apparent reason - not with exactly your fact pattern (I don't recognise the "in progress" bit), but clearly some issues with BA IT at the minute that are not - as far as reported - translating into real issues on the ground...

So fingers crossed for you....
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
If it's the flight leaving at 17:10 on 4/4/17 from BGI you can still by fully flexible First Tickets - at $5,500 mind...

I really doubt BA would be selling tickets and downgrading people at the same time!

It's probably a glitch! But report back!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by CountryKerry

I really doubt BA would be selling tickets and downgrading people at the same time!
There have been reports on here of BA doing exactly that!

I think it's in the 'downgrade rights' thread.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You've checked in, so that is the main thing. It may well just be an IT glitch, so try again in a few hours, or see if the App will help you if using BA.com or vice versa. If it is the flight on 4 April (I'm in Asia so I'm losing track of the time zones here!) then it's not sold out and there are currently 6 unassigned seats (your 2 seats are presumably in the assigned group), and selling classes are F3 and A3. So if I have the right date I think downgrading is unlikely.

For downgrading, the only thing I can think of is whether you would be prepared to fly on the next flight rather than your current booking. If it was a revenue ticket you could also request a reroute on another carrier. By all means mull that over, but as I say I think it's a bit unlikely. Please do report back, however.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all.

Yes, it is the flight on 4 April 1710.

Yes our seats are assigned.

What does F3 A3 mean please?

We could live with being downgraded to Club but not any further.

I think there is another flight later tomorrow 3 class. We would be prepared to travel on that in club if they wanted to downgrade us to WTP or W on our current flight or even travel the next day.

Can we insist on flying nothing less than club? My husband has bad varicose veins and could not travel in a cramped seat. He must have a flat bed.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flyerbunny

What does F3 A3 mean please?

It basically means that BA are still prepared to sell 3 tickets in F. (A is a sub-set of F tickets)
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
There is an ongoing glitch where you can OLCI but can't print a BP and check-in agent don't see anything wrong with it at all. My husband had it on two of his flights in the last two weeks. No hint of a downgrade (well, one of them was in F, the other in ET).
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Flyerbunny
We could live with being downgraded to Club but not any further.
Though a double downgrade does occasionally happen, it's not common, and since you've confirmed the date, I don't think it's on the agenda for you. If it was F0 that would be another matter, but since A is the "cheaper" version of F, they are even prepared to sell that. You don't have an absolute legal right to CW in this situation, but as with many things in life, it's about negotiating outcomes that you can live with and just occasionally being prepared to the politely assertive. As I say, I don't think you need to worry here. If you find out the reason why the boarding pass doesn't print, please let us know here, since clearly this something that has come up a fair bit recently.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Slightly off-topic:

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If it was a revenue ticket you could also request a reroute on another carrier.
This is what I don't understand. The ticket is not free, it's paid for with an alternative currency (avios), but still not free. Why would BA not re-route on an another carrier in this case?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Slightly off-topic:

This is what I don't understand. The ticket is not free, it's paid for with an alternative currency (avios), but still not free. Why would BA not re-route on an another carrier in this case?
This had me puzzled as well. There is nothing in the Avios terms and conditions to suggest that a ticket purchased with Avios has fewer rights than one purchased with cash. If a passenger travelling on an Avios purchased ticket does indeed have fewer rights, this should be made clear at the point of purchase.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:20 am
Original Poster

No change online today on ba.com or app.
Still "boarding pass print not available".

Will report back here on outcome.

Keeping fingers firmly crossed!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SilverSkier
This had me puzzled as well. There is nothing in the Avios terms and conditions to suggest that a ticket purchased with Avios has fewer rights than one purchased with cash. If a passenger travelling on an Avios purchased ticket does indeed have fewer rights, this should be made clear at the point of purchase.
AFAIK almost from the start of FF programs, award tickets on most carriers are marked as nonendorseable, meaning that they're not good for travel on any other carrier. On paper tickets, the notation was very prominent if you realized what it meant.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC, HH Diamond
I wouldn't worry too much either. We had a 241 flight back to LHR from HND yesterday morning in first.

I checked in and downloaded my boarding pass, my partner couldn't check in or get her boarding pass at T-24. Gate agent mentioned that a few passengers had issues, but all was fine when checking in in person and no downgrade.

Expect it's a simple IT glitch but interesting to hear back.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
There have been reports on here of BA doing exactly that!

I think it's in the 'downgrade rights' thread.
Have a read - its an eye opener / jaw dropper

Trying to flog upgrades to F whilst attempting to forcibly downgrade elderly couple from F to J, both happening simultaneously at check-in!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28119736-post61.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.