Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

T-48 and still not ticketed - should I do anything?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

On Feb 27th I booked DEN-DFW-LHR, the first segment on AA and the second segment on BA. I chose this flight specifically because there was Avios upgrade availability (from W to J) on the long-haul sector, and none from DEN directly. I couldn't "book and upgrade" this flight combination online, so immediately after booking I called up and had the upgrade processed. I was able to select a seat (in J) immediately and they took my card details for re-ticketing.

Flash forward to today (T-48) and the long haul segment is still not ticketed and no money has been taken from my card. I did call about this last week but was told there was nothing they could do, and not to worry since there was still "plenty of time" before the flight.

I'd like to get this resolved before OLCI opens, but I'm not sure how likely that is? I'm curious what will happen if I do nothing? My AA segment DEN-DFW wasn't modified, so still appears to be ticketed. Would I be able to board this flight (with checked luggage through to LHR) if the long-haul segment is still un-ticketed when I arrive at DEN?

I have around 2.5h layover in DFW (assuming no delays). Is this enough time to resolve things with BA staff at DFW? It seems like my seat would be high priority for re-assignment if it's still not paid for 2.5 hours before takeoff!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:29 am

T-48 is, if I remember rightly, the point at which you can call up and ask to be processed immediately. Now's the time to call up and ask again.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:34 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I would call BA immediately and insist they ticket you whilst you wait - it sounds like there's every chance this one has slipped through the net.

I would imagine at the very least AA would be unable to through check your bags, which would be more than a minor inconvenience. Quite what has happened to your first flight ticketing is also open to conjecture - I wouldn't be 100% confident that you'll get on that flight without issue given AA would presumably also see your total itinerary but would have to balance their policy of not short checking luggage against possibly actually not being able to do so! It sounds messy so getting it resolved ahead of getting to the airport would be far preferable ...
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
The time delay before ticketing seems to be getting longer. I made a change 4 weeks ago and still haven't had the ticket reissued. I've still got a few weeks before I fly but it would be nice not to have to check periodically.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I had a schedule change and subsequent flight change waiting 2 months for reticketing. Nothing complex, no change of routing or cabin, just a simple rebooking of one sector because another sector had an unacceptable schedule change. It is unbelievable in this day and age, where online bookings get ticketed immediately, that a manual ticket intervention takes so long.

If I had this at T-48 I would be on the phone straight away.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Quick update - I called again and this time they told me that the reason it was stuck was because the price quoted to me on Feb 27 was incorrect. Actually the additional charge was around Ł100 lower than what was quoted at the time I made the changes.

He took my CVV again and said it "should" be ticketed in time for OLCI... I will keep checking...

I'm frustrated because clearly when I called last week they didn't even bother looking at it, just fobbed me off and told me I had no reason to be concerned.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:56 pm

Meanwhile over at AA, it took 43 minutes for a ticket re-issue after a significant change of ticket today.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:44 pm

He took my CVV again and said it "should" be ticketed in time for OLCI... I will keep checking...
From my own experience, the only way to ever get this dealt with satisfactorily is to request that they contact the ticketing team and refuse to hang up until it's fixed. It can take an hour on the phone to fix.

The whole thing is a complete and utter embarrassment for BA.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
It really does beggar belief that BA can't process these changes more efficiently and expeditiously than other airlines seemingly manage. I had to make a change to a CX booking a couple of weeks ago and not only did the agent I speak to e-mail me a PDF of the proposed changes so I could confirm they were accurate, but the ticket was re-issued within 48 hours.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Very frustratingly my card still hasn't been charged and the app still shows no ticket number. Just got off a 40 minute call, the result of which was "the booking is fine and there's nothing I can do".

Does anyone have a suggestion of an actual number to call to get this resolved?

Edit: called back again and after a similar wait, finally got through to someone who seemed to understand the issue. I waited on hold while she tried to "contact the ticketing department". Eventually she confirmed that the reticketing had been processed, and I received the Amex app notification of money being taken. It feels very strange being so relieved that someone has finally taken money from me.

As of yet I haven't received the email and the app still shows no ticket number, so I'm still waiting...

Last edited by BAflyer90; Apr 3, 2017 at 7:32 pm
Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:15 am

To give some balance to this discussion, I made a change to an all BA itinerary yesterday at about 23:00 CET, and I've just received the e-ticket for this change (12:25 CET) - not bad by BA standards to be fair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.