FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Champagne in Club Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1833608-champagne-club-lounges.html)

tomparskate Apr 2, 2017 11:27 am

Champagne in Club Lounges

Hello

What are the current champagne offerings in club lounges? I couldn't find an answer on the champagne thread :(

Deltus Apr 2, 2017 11:36 am

I'm assuming nothing special, since they keep the bottles elsewhere and only produce it by the glassful on request, if you manage to flag down a random member of staff...

The self-pour wine seems a better bet in my experience.

wheatbeer Apr 2, 2017 12:32 pm

Pretty sure it's Castelnau in LHR T5 Galleries.

stu1985 Apr 2, 2017 12:42 pm

Depends what lounge you're talking about! The offering is different in lounges throughout the network.

gypsyjaney Apr 2, 2017 12:50 pm

Gatwick - I have no idea about the Club lounge since as has been remarked, it is only produced in glasses. It used to be Tattinger in North Terminal but I have a suspicion that those days are gone. On my last visit I had to turn it into a Buck's Fizz. Its Henriot in F, which is another downgrade IMO.

Skipcool3 Apr 2, 2017 12:51 pm

Our party of four were given a bottle and 4 glasses in the Club lounge at Gatwick, pretty sure it was Laurent Perrier NV

FrancisA Apr 2, 2017 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Skipcool3 (Post 28119780)
Our party of four were given a bottle and 4 glasses in the Club lounge at Gatwick, pretty sure it was Laurent Perrier NV

In which case the Club lounges are offering a far superior NV Champagne to the mediocre F lounge vintage offer. I would be incredibly (and very pleasantly) surprised, if it were one of my favourite Champagnes that was being served.

Sadly I suspect not.

camdentown Apr 2, 2017 2:08 pm

The lounge at IAD (Washginton Dulles) does not offer champagne at all, either on request or in the Club World sleeper service pre-flight dinner.
Last week they had a german sparkling wine - very disappointing indeed.

jday Apr 3, 2017 1:10 am

I imagine in LHR and LGW it's henriot in GC like GF

Nimrod1965 Apr 3, 2017 1:45 pm

It was Castlenau in the Newcastle lounge on 26th March.

IanAsiaTraveller Apr 3, 2017 1:47 pm

Very recently it was Castelnau in the Galleries Club lounges at both LHR and LGW.

jmj9905 Apr 3, 2017 5:41 pm

Does anyone have a clue what is on offer in the jnb f/b loounges?

Tdgraves Apr 4, 2017 2:15 am

Originally Posted by jmj9905 (Post 28125269)
Does anyone have a clue what is on offer in the jnb f/b loounges?

Nothing the last time I asked in GC....

240dae Apr 12, 2017 6:23 pm

Its not champagne

Was in BA lounge at Manchester last week.
Asked for a glass of champagne from one of the lounge staff and waited by their kitchen door for it as had not taken a seat yet.
As the door swung open and closed with other staff members entering and exiting it was clear that they were serving M&S Cava.
Its quite an easy bottle to spot!