Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | North America

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:27 am

Some feedback from 2 US airports on my way back to Europe:

PDX: BA Gold no access to the AS lounge (traveling on AA, ticket issued by BA, no AA status).

ORD: both the BA 'First' Lounge and the Terraces Lounge are old and small (e.g. what is called 'First' lounge is nothing more that a narrow corridor with seats). The Terraces Lounge has no windows, almost no power sockets and not enough toilets. Standard food options OK. Wifi was slow. I will try to avoid the combo ORD-BA and rather go for ORD-AA if possible (destination, time, flights, ...)

Stan
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
Not seeing anything here about Cancun.
Travelled through CUN on 9 Sept 2018. MMB suggested that BA Club passengers are allowed to use the Mera lounge in T3 (which doesn't seem to be well-regarded). My family of three adults however were offered vouchers for 350 pesos each to spend at any airside outlet.
Whether this is standard practice, or a reaction to my disappointed face when the agent asked if I knew where the lounge was, I do not know, but in any case vouchers have been offered for at least the last five years, for amounts around 25USD.
(My pulled pork sandwich and a large beer was 450pesos, but the atmosphere was pleasant enough.)
sgm likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Just curious for SFO what the recommendations are for OWE. Seems to clearly be the better option to head to CX.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald
I can attest that OWE lounges at SFO international terminal are lacking, and yes CX is the better choice, but please be aware they have been known to turn people away when crowded or expecting crowds. At SFO domestic, AA has a lounge in T2 that is only a few years old and is a nice facility but gets crowded in waves. Cheers!
LupineChemist likes this.

Last edited by flying4workNfun; Oct 17, 2018 at 8:52 am Reason: fixing typo
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:43 pm

Any news on New Orleans?

Looks like the new terminal opening has been moved to May 2019. Does anyone have any more information on the likelihood of that and BA lounge access?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post- and if has been answered before- have been trawling through the relevant threads both on AA and Oneworld forums and am now bleary eyed.

Travelling SEA-PHX-SFO in AA First- as I understand it I don't have any AA lounge access because of class and. I am BA Silver (Sapphire) and believe still no access to AA Lounges because flights are with in US. However, am I correct in saying that I can still get access to the BA lounge at SEA, and the Club operated BA lounge at PHX by dint of BA status , although not on an international flight?

Thanks in anticipation
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by beamac
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post- and if has been answered before- have been trawling through the relevant threads both on AA and Oneworld forums and am now bleary eyed.

Travelling SEA-PHX-SFO in AA First- as I understand it I don't have any AA lounge access because of class and. I am BA Silver (Sapphire) and believe still no access to AA Lounges because flights are with in US. However, am I correct in saying that I can still get access to the BA lounge at SEA, and the Club operated BA lounge at PHX by dint of BA status , although not on an international flight?

Thanks in anticipation
Hi,

I have heard posts that SEA may refuse BA status pax on AA flights ( citing capacity constraints). The club at PHX is PP only in the mornings ( till 3pm IIRC) then becomes a BA club ( but perhaps only for the BA LHR flight)

HOWEVER, PHX has 3 AA lounges that you will get access to a BA Silver ( it si only AA adavantage members that have no access to AA lounges on purely domestic ( non JFK-LAX transcon) flights

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/PHX/-1

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Excellent, thanks for your help, I suspect I may not use the SEA one given the time of day, but have a 2 1/2 hour layover in PHX so would be good to get access there.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by beamac
Excellent, thanks for your help, I suspect I may not use the SEA one given the time of day, but have a 2 1/2 hour layover in PHX so would be good to get access there.
Hi,

I did like the AA lounge by Gate A7 iirc ( basic snacks including soup) and beautiful photos on the wall.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Does anyone know if you can use the F Lounge dining at JFK if you are a BA Gold flying IB business class?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:34 am

As a BA silver card holder on a business class flight - inward from LHR, onward to LAX I was given Flagship lounge access at JFK T8.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Decent breakfast in the T4 Flagship Lounge - might be worth an update to the database - LAX T4 Flagship Lounge times now 04:00 to 00:30.

https://www.americanairlines.co.uk/i...hip-lounge.jsp

Last edited by vintagepilot; Feb 27, 2019 at 1:45 am
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
PIT - Pittsburgh

As I understand it, the AA Club is now open after refurbishment, so BA passengers now have lounge access there, rather than The Club. The Club is handy for the BA gates, but it is quite small (not that AA is huge).

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

CHS - Charleston

The Club is the designated lounge but though it was supposed to be up and running for the BA service there have been some delays there. It looks quite swish from the outside. It is due to open in June, see link below from the Lounges forum. In the meantime BA are issuing vouchers at check-in and at the gate for US$15 in WT, USD19 in WTP and USD25 in CW. It can be used in Hudsons as well as the food providers in CHS. If HBO then best get from the gate rather than check-in, it's issued via FLY. Note that the late departure for BA services may mean that Hudsons is the only option (it's the USA version of W H Smith).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airp...y-updates.html
Prospero likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Gold
Just wanted to share an un-expected experience I had Sunday in Miami. I was travelling back on BA208 in First, and I unexpectedly got access to Flagship dining. This isn't the first time I've travelled from Miami in BA First so was surprised to get this. It seemed previously that this was limited only to people who were travelling in First on an AA operated flight.

This was a very unexpected, and very pleasant surprise. The AA flagship dining website seems to suggest that this should just be for AA flights. So I was wondering whether this an official policy change or whether I just had a generous lounge attended?

As an aside, I was also pleasantly surprised to not have to fight my way into the flagship checkin. Previously having to argue and show the website to gain access with my emerald status.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
We came through IAH on Saturday and thought the BA lounge there was rather adorable and a nice little place to sit and watch planes before a flight (seriously, having an A380 pull up right in front of you while enjoying lounge snacks is the best thing ever). We were the first into the lounge and it was nicely set up - soup, sandwiches, chili, baked potatoes, chips and cookies, fruit, cut veg, prosecco and white wine on ice, fridges full with plenty of drink options. Heck, even the baguette slices were crispy and fresh. The lounge staff made plenty of cart runs to pick up glasses and plates, refilled everything as needed, and they even came around with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies a few minutes before boarding, offering them to everyone. First I had ever seen that!

Only downsides were - furniture was looking a little tired and limited power points. Oh, and only two stalls in each bathroom.

We were also in CHS on Friday and I did wonder where the BA lounge was, but flying AA in econ (and only Bronze still here) meant No Lounge For Us. But CHS is a great little airport and they had some good looking food options, so if you did have a voucher you could probably do pretty well getting a good, healthy salad or sandwich at Caviar and Bananas and then watching the planes from a rocker in the middle atrium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.