Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | North America

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:42 pm

Thanks. Travelling back just after that but I think too soon to expect all set up for any possible new BA Lounge access but you never know. First world problems!
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:06 am

Beaten to it by @Prospero. I'm afraid I am not a regular traveller through New Orleans, so don't have the latest news on the ground.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Prospero
The latest update I’ve read is 23 October but I suspect the opening date is still fluid. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31422513-post77.html
Take this with the appropriate grain of salt, but the person who just checked me in at MSY reckons October 8 is the new opening date.

I was proactively offered the $28 voucher and I'm also currently in Vino Volvo, which is... fine.

You can basically get 2 glasses of their cheapest wine for the voucher, or 1 glass plus something small to eat. Wine by the glass goes for anything between 10 and 39 bucks, plus tax, presumably,

There are a handful of bottles of wine on the menu for just under $28 but there is a $15 fee for drinking any of the bottles on premise.

All in all, getting a couple of glasses of wine for free is, of course, very nice indeed... But it does act as a nice reminder of just how satisfying it is to get lounge access at most other airports.

Last edited by sirkay; Sep 13, 2019 at 7:24 pm
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
HNL

Having been though HNL in the last few days, an update on the main JAL Sakura Lounge:

Entry requirements - standard OneWorld but no longer a priority pass lounge.

HNL Sakura Lounge entry requirements

The toilets are outside the lounge.

The lounge has had a refresh in the year and a couple of pictures are below:

HNL Sakura lounge

HNL Sakura lounge
Prospero likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sirkay
Take this with the appropriate grain of salt, but the person who just checked me in at MSY reckons October 8 is the new opening date.

I was proactively offered the $28 voucher and I'm also currently in Vino Volvo, which is... fine.

You can basically get 2 glasses of their cheapest wine for the voucher, or 1 glass plus something small to eat. Wine by the glass goes for anything between 10 and 39 bucks, plus tax, presumably,

There are a handful of bottles of wine on the menu for just under $28 but there is a $15 fee for drinking any of the bottles on premise.

All in all, getting a couple of glasses of wine for free is, of course, very nice indeed... But it does act as a nice reminder of just how satisfying it is to get lounge access at most other airports.
I flew through MSY last weekend; proactively offered the $28 voucher each (2x Golds in CW) when we checked our bags and found the same wine bar (along with most of the CW cabin). We had eaten in the city and got a cab around 1900 so we didn’t have a huge amount of time.

Check-in and security were fast and efficient and we found the wine bar airside. We invested our vouchers in three wine flights which was a nice way to pass an hour or so. The bar shut at 2100 but the staff were fine with us finishing up a bit after that (we had a short delay on our flight) and we wandered over to the gate. I think it cost us about $20 cash including tip.

The terminal had a bit of the Tegel about it, the new terminal can’t come soon enough.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I have the option to go through Chicago or to San Francisco to go from Seattle-Inverness. I’m just sort of wondering where the best à la cart dining options are for BA F passengers. I currently am doing SEA-SFO-LHR-INV. I could do SEA-ORD-LHR-INV
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
The Las Vegas lounge looks pretty lackluster as well. Can travelers in E access the other concourses or is it isolated so that it sits alone. Is the serviced bar stingy and limiting to three drinks per person like other clubs in this network?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
The Las Vegas lounge looks pretty lackluster as well. Can travelers in E access the other concourses or is it isolated so that it sits alone. Is the serviced bar stingy and limiting to three drinks per person like other clubs in this network?

Hi,

There is a club at LAS in the D gates and the American Express Centurion lounge ( for eligible Amex card holders) in the D gates. After clearing security at E take the escalator or elevator down to the tram to the D gates ( no need for further security) .Once at D head up the escalators and head to the lounge.

Coming back once you get back to the E gates , do not follow the crowd ( most of them are going to baggage reclaim) but take the elevator back to the E gate departure area ( if you go to bag reclaim at E you will need to go back to the check in area and through security there)

Regards

TBS
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 4:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I have the option to go through Chicago or to San Francisco to go from Seattle-Inverness. I’m just sort of wondering where the best à la cart dining options are for BA F passengers. I currently am doing SEA-SFO-LHR-INV. I could do SEA-ORD-LHR-INV
I would say SFO is the better idea. In addition to the new lounge there, you would also have a reasonable amount of time to sleep on that service, even if you decided to eat on board. Whereas ORD can be a very short flight regardless of what you do.

AA does have a day flight from ORD, which would be another approach.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
What is the latest in PHX since the Priority Lounge closed and before the Centurion Lounge opens?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, AC Aeroplan, UA MileagePlus, WN Rapid Rewards
An update on the lounge situation at MSY. The Club will not be finished when the airport opens. The contractor is working hard to get it finished as quickly as possible after the remainder of the terminal opens. The Vino Volo below the lounge will also not be finished in time. Fortunately, the new terminal will offer a significantly expanded variety of options, so that food voucher will be much more beneficial until the lounge is finished.

Once the lounge is open, it will be approximately 4200 square feet and offer showers. The lounge is located between Concourse A and B, so it will be a short walk to the international gates in Concourse A.

Here is the latest shot from a few days ago. You can see that a construction wall has been installed to allow work to proceed. The lounge is on the second level where the windows are. An elevator will take you up.

The Club MSY will be on the 2nd level where the windows are. Vino Volo below.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by remedy
What is the latest in PHX since the Priority Lounge closed and before the Centurion Lounge opens?
There's a bit of information here - it's currently a temporary Escape lounge in what is effectively a gate area, and it's pretty pointless. I've accessed it once with my Amex Platinum and once with a BA boarding pass. It was horribly crowded before the evening BA flight (to the point where people were coming in, failing to find a seat and leaving again), and it's not something I'd bother with again. It's definitely worth walking to the Admirals Club by gate B5 if you have time/the inclination....!
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would say SFO is the better idea. In addition to the new lounge there, you would also have a reasonable amount of time to sleep on that service, even if you decided to eat on board. Whereas ORD can be a very short flight regardless of what you do.

Thank you I guess I’ll keep my SFO A380 then.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Is SFO that much better than ORD for F ala carte dining? There is better availability to go through ORD to get me to INV at a more convenient time. I really don’t care about how the club “looks” or how the aesthetics feels, or if it’s new. If the ala carte dining is equal in ORD for F and you’ll find the same meals and quality that you would in SFO, I’ll probably change to ORD. Can anyone give me a comparison?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
MSY New Orleans
No lounge. Lounge eligible passengers are given a US$28 refreshment voucher, which can be used at all concessions airside and landside. There are only a few places landside, and airside isn't that well provided for either. But you can get a hot meals, sandwiches, salads, confectionery, and drinks.

The new North terminal, scheduled to open in February May Autumn 2019, is expected to have some sort of lounge provision, according to local management.
Originally Posted by ASDwxguy
An update on the lounge situation at MSY. The Club will not be finished when the airport opens.
Any word yet on when there will be lounge provision for BA/OW after the new terminal becomes operational on Nov 6th ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.