Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | North America

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
MEX Mexico City
To update, the Iberia lounge does have one shower cubical in the men's bathroom, and assume there is one in the ladies as well.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
As for SEA - you write that the lounge only opens at 15:00. What about passengers of the earlier flight (at 13:15 approximately)? Is there access to any other lounge?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by gordo6
As for SEA - you write that the lounge only opens at 15:00. What about passengers of the earlier flight (at 13:15 approximately)? Is there access to any other lounge?
You might want to have a look at this thread: Lounge hours for SEA? and at the discussion starting at this point in this thread: AA at SEA - no lounge if BAEC. - the lounge apparently opens earlier on the days when there's an early flight.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
DFW
Don't know if the picture is of a different room in the massive "Club at DFW" complex that's used by many airlines - and so on different days airlines can be assigned different rooms, but when I flew through DFW at the weekend I ended up in a beige hell unimaginatively jammed full of horrible "Pleather"-clad chairs with weird swing-arm tables. It felt horribly cramped & oppressive, and I got that feeling from sitting in the seats that you get from easy wipe-clean Naugahyde taxi seat covers.

I very rapidly adjourned to the slightly more imaginatively arranged and spacious Admirals Club and sought solace in it's free drink chits and not sitting with my back to the action outside on the apron.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YUL Montreal

For reviews and more information, see YUL - National Bank World MasterCard Lounge
I believe the lounge is now called "Salon Banque Nationale" (and in miniscule print on plans kept in a locked cupboard in the basement "National Bank Lounge"); there is no MasterCard branding anywhere.

Though it is deficient in Champagne, the lounge does serve a sparkling wine. Today it is a Zarea, which is surprisingly not terrible for a Romanian wine.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilčge, Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
In this thread, posts 207 and 208 show details and photographs of the temporary (until year end 2017 on current estimates) following my November visit.

BA Lounge at Toronto YYZ [own lounge closed 31 Oct 2017, now Plaza Premium]
These 'temporary' arrangements still in place as at March 2018.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by williamn78
These 'temporary' arrangements still in place as at March 2018.
Yes, as I had feared.

I will be back at YYZ soon, so will report back and get some photos of the F area, which is new since my last visit.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Apr 4, 2018 at 12:01 pm
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Probably not super relevant, but the BOS AA lounge at B4 is currently closed for renovation (as of 4 April).
Old May 9, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
JFK Flagship Bridge menu

Checking in from the "Flagship Bridge" part of the JFK T8 AA lounges. We'd heard this was hidden and you have to go to the Admirals Club (not the main Flagship lounge next door) and ask to be shown past the ropes off access to this one as few people know about it. That is certainly correct as the two of us and one other person are the only ones in here at 3.30pm. The staff outnumber us and they could not be more solicitous and keep coming by to top up the (real) champagne. The lounge dragon (a term I use with great affection as dragons are awesome and guard the gold) asked how we'd heard about it and referred to it as the "secret garden" as its full of plants but no people.

If travelling Business this lounge has table service of hot food which (we understand) is only for First in the main Flagship lounge. The lounge guide upthread mentions burgers but it seems it's more of a variable short menu as there's not one at the moment but I just had a thoroughly excellent plate of Korean BBQ beef tacos. Anyway, here's the current menu:
Old May 29, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
DFW D gates: Temporary Premium Lounge

The D gates Admirals Club is now closed, and AA has opened a temporary lounge for premium long haul pax (J and F). It is by gate D36, upstairs overlooking the concourse. There is a thread over on the AA forum

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...e-changes.html

According to the Wiki in that thread, relevant status also gets you in on long haul. They were definitely turning some pax away, but they could have been on domestic / short haul international flights.

A few pics below, it was fairly busy when I was in, so hope it's ok to have pics with people in them (mods - delete as necessary if this is not appropriate).

The lounge is long and has plenty of seating, there is now a bar (apparently there was a licence delay, horror of horrors for BA pax...). The lounge is temporary, but will be so in the sense of BA's LGW North residency in No.1, since the new AA lounge (which I think includes a Flagship) is not scheduled to open until "spring 2019". The food is reasonable quality but pretty bland, the bar looks particularly temporary, and since I know these things are very important to BA FTers, the champagne on offer last week was Nicolas Feuillatte.

The lounge is comfortable enough, nothing special. At least it is quite large, there are also a couple of quieter rooms off the main areas, one of which contains some lounger chairs (not sure of the correct term).

Entrance from Concourse D

Bar (including champagne), beer is in bottles, all glasses are plastic.

Cold buffet (similar to usual AC snacks, plus some sandwiches)

Soups

Hot dishes labelled "chicken" and "beef", both bland casserole type dishes with reasonable (by lounge standards) quality meat.
Prospero likes this.

Last edited by Oaxaca; May 29, 2018 at 7:13 am
Old May 29, 2018, 12:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
The D gates Admirals Club is now closed, and AA has opened a temporary lounge for premium long haul pax (J and F). It is by gate D36, upstairs overlooking the concourse. There is a thread over on the AA forum

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...e-changes.html

According to the Wiki in that thread, relevant status also gets you in on long haul. They were definitely turning some pax away, but they could have been on domestic / short haul international flights.
Thanks for sharing Oaxaca

I've been reading up on this lounge, here on FT and elsewhere on the web. Reports seem to suggest access is restricted to long haul First customers, although these reports are US centric. However, AA's website indicates oneworld Emerald and Sapphire also have access with any flight marketed and operated by AA or a oneworld carrier, irrespective of cabin booked.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
Old May 29, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...

I've been reading up on this lounge, here on FT and elsewhere on the web. Reports seem to suggest access is restricted to long haul First customers, although these reports are US centric. However, AA's website indicates oneworld Emerald and Sapphire also have access with any flight marketed and operated by AA or a oneworld carrier, irrespective of cabin booked.

Definitely not restricted only to long haul F, there is another sign (which I couldn’t photograph, too many pax around it) to the right of the entrance from the concourse, which states long haul First and Business passengers. Not certain about status, but as you say, the AA website does say that status will get you in (but presumably only if on a long haul flight). I was in F, so didn’t have to put my status to the test...
Old May 29, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD

I think confusion comes because AA used to have a "Temporary Flagship Dining Room" in the D Admirals Club before it closed which followed old flagship rules (three-class international F; non-AA OWE on any OW itinerary; AA EXP on international itinerary) that had a similar buffet setup and Tattinger champagne. When the D Admirals Club closed, they opened this lounge in old DFW office/conference space as they build out DFW's true Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining Room in the old space. This lounge has been open to all non-AA OWS and OWE on any OW itinerary, international first and business customers traveling outside of N America (exception MEX), and AA OWS and OWE on international itineraries (outside N America exception MEX), or essentially, same access rules as the Flagship Lounges in LAX, MIA, etc
Oaxaca likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Has the BA lounge gone from DFW? I notice it not in the thread and not mentioned above.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: Executive Club (Gold), Marriot Bonvoy (Gold)
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Has the BA lounge gone from DFW? I notice it not in the thread and not mentioned above.
I was wondering that too as I'm flying out of DFW on BA next month and a message in Manage My Booking says the lounge has moved to beside D36. I seem to remember reading somewhere that when the new AA lounge opens in 2019 it will also be the lounge for BA and QF, so am thinking the BA lounge has already been abandoned for AA's temporary facility until the new one opens.

I wasn't fussed on the BA lounge but it did have better food than the Admirals Club!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.