FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Report -first Domestic CE run (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1833340-report-first-domestic-ce-run.html)

redpalmetto Apr 1, 2017 2:39 am

Report -first Domestic CE run

So I was on BA1303, the first domestic service ABZ-LHR with the Club Europe config and service. Aircraft was an A320. The lounge seemed less busy than normal, despite this being first day after the school's Easter break start. Had time for a rowie and tea before heading to board, at the usual Gate 5.

The staff called CE and golds jointly first, then the other tiers.

On board the divider was set at row 3, despite 12 rows of CE and a ground engineer was called to move it back, however rows 4 to 12 did not have the centre tray set up. Left on time with 138 pax.

In CE we got a breakfast service very similar to the old domestic breakfast i.e. full English with sausage, bacon, egg and tomato or vegeterian option, albeit on china plates, a choice of warm bread roll/croissant and with a china mug for tea/coffee. I did hear the crew moaning that it was a bit slow to distribute.

I could not see how BOB went in the cabin rear.

Landed ahead of schedule at LHR and now off to schlep over on my least favourite transfer to T3, to head on to MIA.

pdsuk Apr 1, 2017 2:42 am

Sounds good !!!

Enjoy Miami

World Traveller Fuss Apr 1, 2017 2:46 am

I'm doing today's B2B to INV. Club back to row 7. Will report on the snack on the way back

Ldnn1 Apr 1, 2017 2:50 am

For anyone else wondering like me...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttery_(bread)

Boten Apr 1, 2017 2:50 am

12 rows is an impressive start. That is nearly half the plane.

redpalmetto Apr 1, 2017 3:43 am

Sorry I should have explained a rowie (aka buttery) is like a salty squashed croissant. Expat Aberdonians usually take a supply home!

highexpectations Apr 1, 2017 3:48 am

Originally Posted by redpalmetto (Post 28114717)
Sorry I should have explained a rowie (aka buttery) is like a salty squashed croissant. Expat Aberdonians usually take a supply home!

They are delicious! I always pick some up when I am in Aberdeen.

travelwithross Apr 1, 2017 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Boten (Post 28114618)
12 rows is an impressive start. That is nearly half the plane.

They used to do the whole plane without a problem, so why is this impressive?

antichef Apr 1, 2017 4:11 am

I am in GF just waiting for my first official CE back to ABZ. I say "official" as my BP's for the last few weeks have all said CE.

I will be more impressed if they get priority boarding sorted out at LHR.

liviboy Apr 1, 2017 4:20 am

Originally Posted by travelwithross (Post 28114758)
They used to do the whole plane without a problem, so why is this impressive?

I think they meant for day 1 of domestic CE.

navylad Apr 1, 2017 4:23 am

Thanks for the short TR OP, enjoy Miami. I hope the weather is good, I have fond memories from my previous trips there.

World Traveller Fuss Apr 1, 2017 4:49 am

7 rows up, 3 rows back on the inaugural Club to Invernesss

wythy Apr 1, 2017 7:21 am

On board the divider was set at row 3, despite 12 rows of CE and a ground engineer was called to move it back, however rows 4 to 12 did not have the centre tray set up. Left on time with 138 pax.
The aircraft should of been re-configured by the ground staff in ABZ. Sound like BA neglected to inform the ground staff on how to re-configure the aircraft.

SpeedbirdLHR Apr 1, 2017 7:26 am

The relevant training was completed at all domestic stations.

Skipcool3 Apr 1, 2017 7:36 am

12 rows of CE ofcourse means 24 fewer available seats ..