Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 First Wing - picture review

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Whilst all that is true, can you imagine the furore on here should that great little haven be closed? It doesn't bear thinking about
Hi Tobias

hope your well!

oh I know you cannot win! they moan like buggery with having the CCR and how rubbish it is and they will then moan like buggery if they close it
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond

Whilst all that is true, can you imagine the furore on here should that great little haven be closed? It doesn't bear thinking about
It would be like everything here.
"I'll never fly BA again now". Then something new will appear that will generate loads of interest with everyone wanting to fly BA just to try it for themselves. That will be accepted initially then hated and so on until the next enhancement.

I personally would and wouldn't miss it. It has pros and cons for me and it doesn't quite excite me the way it does for some here. That said, every lounge worldwide I've been in has it's failings or doesn't quite live up to the hype.

I do hope the keep fast track and the CCR door. Might not be as posh as the new wing, but at least I'll get from A to B without going through GF.
Would have been nice if they could have had a direct route to the CCR from the first check-in desks but not sure exactly what they would have to remove to get there i.e. Elemis spa, offices etc. and a dedicated security lane probably wouldn't be financially viable for the throughput.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador

BA won't close it. They'll simply not open it!

Or they'll do a 'Parliamentary Service' like on the trains and open it for an hour on a Wednesday afternoon
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xenole
It would be like everything here.
"I'll never fly BA again now". Then something new will appear that will generate loads of interest with everyone wanting to fly BA just to try it for themselves. That will be accepted initially then hated and so on until the next enhancement.
Yes, indeed I vaguely recall someone with an account name similar to yours - and there aren't many with an x in it - saying that Flounge was a better lounge than CCR since they liked to pick and choose their food and drink from the buffet. I think you've been swung over to the dark side!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:11 am

It's a nice concept but I can't say I find the interior design to be especially riveting. It has the vibe of something provisional.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
It looks good and a nice improvement of Heathrow T5 for BA.
So this is for all passengers and Golds in any cabin right?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
It's a nice concept but I can't say I find the interior design to be especially riveting. It has the vibe of something provisional.
You've not appreciated Christopher Pearson's Animated Crest on the wall, or observed those who have consumed a little too much having a conversation with the horse on The Terrace? I find those riveting
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, indeed I vaguely recall someone with an account name similar to yours - and there aren't many with an x in it - saying that Flounge was a better lounge than CCR since they liked to pick and choose their food and drink from the buffet. I think you've been swung over to the dark side!

Well, i still prefer GF over the CCR for helping myself to breakfast items.
The CCR does mochas that the coffee machines don't do.

Lunch wise, i can get the burger in either lounge.
Like the Parmentier? potatoes in GF and the odd bit of cheese and cake / scones. Rest of the food generally is rubbish now i.e. those bean parcels

Nice though, on occasion, sitting in a booth with a glass or two of chilled champagne eating my way through the menu. Does have that "posher" feel to it although the booths might be to some, quite exposed to others.

Anyway, I'll probably try it when I'm through T5 next and evaluate things from there. Hopefully by then it will be in a slightly greater finished state so i can see it in its full glory.

Last edited by xenole; Mar 30, 2017 at 8:15 am
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just checked in for my flight at First and asked if the Wing was open... it's not for me but they're opening it from 6-8pm today for another trial (if you happen to be on your way here).

Apparently customers who've used it have nothing but positive comments. 👍
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Does BA charge for food in the lounge as well?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Does BA charge for food in the lounge as well?
No! Well not yet anyway
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:51 am

I'll put odds on it that there will be people moaning about it within the first couple of proper days of opening.
Can't see that many people going through during some of these evening tests. The real acid test will be at peak times and with Easter coming up, that might be a good test for families getting refused etc.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Great pics. Thank you for sharing!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
The desks manned by BA Agents, Will they be able to print of paper boarding passes for you if required.

Also if you have your boarding pass on your phone, will you be able to bypass the BA Agents and just proceed to the ticket scanner machine. Similar to TK at the Istanbul Lounge

PS. The BA Lounge desks are in the first and second picture.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
It looks good to me but the best and most important benefit will be the reduced time taken to get to the Flounge from either arriving at T5 or from Dub. Should be no need to head to north ft anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.