Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios claim for missing points - total rip off!

Avios claim for missing points - total rip off!

Old Apr 5, 17, 3:10 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by dakaix View Post
Out of interest was this for a flight a couple of weeks ago? My QR legs in mid-March didn't post and I had to complete the missing Avios form on ba.com. Surprisingly though QR approved the request within 12hrs!
Same here, and at a weekend too.

OP - I don't see a ripoff nor any need to use such a term.
Old Apr 8, 17, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC SILVER, AEROPLAN back of the bus
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
What was the actual selling class for your flight?

See the EI earning table here https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-avios/flights

Looks like selling classes in business which earn are J, C, and D only.
Outbound was P/Business Class - BAEC is asking for the boarding pass for that flight. Inbound was D/Business Class, which BAEC says was deeply discounted and does not qualify for Avios points. Do all airlines use the same code letters for their selling classes? Because based on the info you provided I'm confused as to why they say D does not earn points.
Old Apr 8, 17, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss View Post
I don't see a ripoff nor any need to use such a term.
I regret using the term "rip off", but I used it at the time I discovered that I had not earned the Avios that I was expecting to. Perhaps you might have felt a similar sensation if you had paid $4K for a Business class ticket with the expectation of earning Avios. Caveat emptor and all that.....I know, but if EI accepts my BAEC number, and has processed Avios transactions for EI flights taken in the past, I don't understand what went wrong this time.
Old Apr 10, 17, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by toothpick View Post
Outbound was P/Business Class - BAEC is asking for the boarding pass for that flight. Inbound was D/Business Class, which BAEC says was deeply discounted and does not qualify for Avios points. Do all airlines use the same code letters for their selling classes? Because based on the info you provided I'm confused as to why they say D does not earn points.
No, different airlines may use a particular letter to denote very different things. For example, R class on BA is business class, but R class on QF is premium economy. E class on BA is premium economy, but E class on QF is (deepest discount and non-earning in BAEC) economy.

BA makes it very clear which booking classes earn. Each airline is listed on this page - https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-avios/flights - and clicking the link for each airline will give you a pop-up that shows you the classes which currently earn. The specific pop-up page for EI is here - https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ing-avios.html - ignore the odd formatting because it's supposed to be viewed as a pop-up.

If a booking class is not listed, expect it to earn nothing.

All of this is well covered here in the earning sticky: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post27687629
Old Apr 23, 17, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dakaix View Post
Out of interest was this for a flight a couple of weeks ago? My QR legs in mid-March didn't post and I had to complete the missing Avios form on ba.com. Surprisingly though QR approved the request within 12hrs!
Ditto—my QR claim went to "approved" yesterday, the same day it was submitted. I also got a confirming email last night.

Nothing's shown up, though. Is there usually a lag between "approval" and actual posting? This was a bog-standard one-way shorthaul Y trip (in V class), so no reason to think it's an ineligible flight...
Old Apr 23, 17, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by boutela View Post
Is there usually a lag between "approval" and actual posting?
For the record the points just came through, so posting about 18 hours after the email, give or take. (So, no need to panic just because the email says "any avios and TP have been added to your account".)
Old May 2, 17, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Has anyone claimed for Finnair/NORRA flights before? I've put a claim in on the BA website for a HEL-MAN return using Finnair as the partner airline, but as the flights were operated by NORRA i'm wondering if this is going to prove more difficult than it should be??
Old May 2, 17, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by offshore_bob View Post
Has anyone claimed for Finnair/NORRA flights before? I've put a claim in on the BA website for a HEL-MAN return using Finnair as the partner airline, but as the flights were operated by NORRA i'm wondering if this is going to prove more difficult than it should be??
Yes I have and it worked fine using Finnair as the partner airline.
Old May 10, 17, 6:36 pm

Same issue

I have the same problem with Finnair, business class my flight back from Beijing not recorded and not accepted. I don't have my boarding pass but have my eticket and receipt which I sent to the missing docs form. Think will try BAMissingPoints due to the good feedback
Old May 13, 17, 1:03 am
Original Poster

RESULT! It has taken 4 months, and good advice from members of this board, relentless pursuance on my part to get success, but finally, the 8,198 Avios points I expected have been credited to my BAEC account.
I got EI to send me proof that I had actually taken BA code share flights from YYZ to DUB return, and when I uploaded that to the BA site, that triggered the process to get the points into my account. But no e-mail alert - I just found out now by looking at my account.
So caveat emptor - when flying EI, if you are expecting Avios points, keep your boarding card (I know - we use our phones instead) but if you have a hard copy boarding pass, ask your parents if you can borrow their Fax machine! Do some technology time travelling into the past
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:54 am

Missing Avios points approved but not awarded

I took 4 flights with Malaysia Airways in Feb/March, 3 in Economy, one in BC. The BC Points were awarded but not the others so I put 3 claims in. These have all been approved but show up on my EC statement as 0. I cant get through to BA understandably.
Any ideas?
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
What did the approval confirmation say? Perhaps they were extremely low fares?
Old Mar 24, 20, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Do you happen do know which booking class your economy fares were? Not all MH booking classes earn Avios and TPs and it is often the cheapest tickets that do not earn.

Even very long flights such as LHR-KUL can earn 0 Avios and TPs which took me by surprise when Mrs Wilsnunn did that flight a few years ago.
Old Mar 24, 20, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn View Post
Do you happen do know which booking class your economy fares were? Not all MH booking classes earn Avios and TPs and it is often the cheapest tickets that do not earn.

Even very long flights such as LHR-KUL can earn 0 Avios and TPs which took me by surprise when Mrs Wilsnunn did that flight a few years ago.
This is probably the reason then. They were what I'd call normal price (would have been £470 return in Economy).

If I'd booked BA flights would I have received the points?
Old Mar 24, 20, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Pam Hayward View Post
This is probably the reason then. They were what I'd call normal price (would have been £470 return in Economy).

If I'd booked BA flights would I have received the points?
All BA fares other than some private fares or package fares and a few exceptions like that will earn Avios and TPs.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: