Search

Iag level - upgrades ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:54 pm
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Iag level - upgrades ?

I snagged one of the $99 one way tickets with Level to test it out, more for research purposes.

A few things to mention on my booking. I was allowed to pick my seat for free when I put in my BA GOLD number, not sure if that's a perk or not.

But I logged into my booking today, just to print out a confirmation and its offering me bids to upgrade to either premium economy or business class.

My flight is LEVEL operated by Iberia.

Anyone know if the cabin does have business class on it ? Or is that just a system generated error ? Because Iberia is hosting the website ?

Just curious if anyone knows.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
It's an error - Level only has premium economy as a higher class.

I appreciate there's no Level forum, but I do rather wince at seeing its name mentioned here.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, definitely only a WTP equivalent in Level, no business, and it's a very similar set-up to Iberia's new Premium Economy arrangement. Since Level's bookings are being hosted by Iberia I suspect it's just their computer acting in the usual way. I doubt the Business upgrade would complete through to ticketing, and I have my doubts about Premium Economy.

As I've noted on the other thread, if you want to be in the Level Premium Economy thread then use your Avios via IB+. For £260 and 8k Avios, I think that's a steal for a flexible ticket (25€ change or cancel fee). The cheapest WTP from LHR to LAX is £470 per leg equivalent.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:15 pm
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Thanks guys for the quick reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.