Wiki Posts
Search

BA Tallinn Lounge and catering in CE?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
BA Tallinn Lounge and catering in CE?

I have just booked some direct flights on the new BA Service between London and Tallin, flying Club Europe.
Surely one of the main benefits of flying Club Europe is gaining lounge access. When I check mt Itinerary hwever under MMB, I'm very disappointed to discover an announcement from BA stating We do not currently offer lounge access in Tallin!!! What the hell? They advertise Lounge access as a clear CE benefit.

Can anyone advise what the new inflight catering will be on this route considering BA have revised catering in CE this week.
Many thanks
cymro29 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
There is only 1 lounge at Tallinn airport, where I'm sure you'll have access (also with status).
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Originally Posted by florens
There is only 1 lounge at Tallinn airport, where I'm sure you'll have access (also with status).
It's not a OW lounge, I'm not sure status is much help.

It seems only only Finnair have a deal with the lounge right now - unless BA negotiate something, you won't have entry.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
You can get access with Priority Pass otherwise it's €30 each. Nice enough lounge but not worth paying for IMO.

Bet the food on BA CE is nowhere near as good as the excellent food we had last weekend on AY in business and lovely crews. And they didn't run out of champagne despite our best efforts ^
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
TLL is in the Long band, so starter followed by main course.

The lack of lounge arrangement isn't surprising, it's particularly prevalent on new routes, to do with establishing the routes overall profitability. I would have thought lounge access at TLL would be cheap, compared to KRK (where it is relatively expensive). When - about a year ago - I asked BA to review the KRK lounge situation they said they were still watching the route's profitability and that the lounge issue remained pending. If TLL remains lounge free, then it joins KRK and OPO with lounge options not taken up by BA. In other locations they have made agreements (INV, VLC, for example). A number of other airports (such as KEF) are also loungeless, but there is typically a local reason for this, e.g. in KEF's case the sole lounge is seen as home advantage to BA's main competitor. Shoot not the messenger, I'm making the point to management from time to time, as are others such as scottishpoet.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
This does strike me as all rather poor.

I used the perfectly pleasant (no luxury, but very respectable f&b options) TLL lounge last month, when departing on Norra to HEL for my onward connection to BA. Extremely courteous lounge personnel (well ..... there was just one !)

There were about four other pax using the reasonably spacious lounge at the time. Norra is a subsidiary of Finnair, a OW member of course, operating code-shares with BA.

Is this lack of any arrangement for BA premium cabin travellers really anything other than a money-saving measure .....?

As an aside - there is a rather pleasant-looking coffee/patisserie type shop in the main concourse, with a stylish layout and comfy chairs. You might want to give it a try, OP.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: Executive Club, Etihad Guest
No lounge access in TLL for BA

Hi,

I am at Tallinn airport right now. I went to the lounge being Silver and flying in Club. The lounge lady told me BA refuses to pay for a contract so only if you fly Finnair you are allowed access, irrespective of OneWorld status. I think that is shocking!

The service on board however on the outbound flight was outstanding, I received a menu, then drinks, then a square tray with a starter, dessert, and cheese and biscuits. Then the starter plate was removed and second drinks offered, then I was offered a choice of two hot meals. They use the same china they use in Club World, and the food tasted fantastic.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by flyerguyUK
Hi,

I am at Tallinn airport right now. I went to the lounge being Silver and flying in Club. The lounge lady told me BA refuses to pay for a contract so only if you fly Finnair you are allowed access, irrespective of OneWorld status. I think that is shocking!
It's been known for a while, so nothing new, but I agree it is very disappointing.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
Even more disappointing was their refusal to admit me and OH to lounge using Lounge Club card. Apology received from LC and an extra lounge visit added to card however. Was v annoying at time
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:32 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Thought this might be useful for the meals.
I did a B2B just this past weekend on BA LHR-TLL-LHR in CE.

Here is the service on the way up

And here is the service on the return flight.

I did have this exact same meal when I flew the route with QR on LHR-TLL
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by flyerguyUK
Yep exactly the same situation in Porto / OPO as mentioned by CWS upthread - a big lounge in a significant airport that is used by every major airline there... except BA.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
A bit of a catch 22 situation with the profitability aspect.

TP runners won't countenance a route unless there's a lounge to 'luxuriate' in.

No TP runners, route profitability won't reach the heights they're looking for?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Those meals to / from TLL look very respectable to me ^

Poor show by BA wrt lounge issue.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I still think the beetroot starter is odd. Does anybody really eat that much beetroot in a salad, never mind on its own?!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by ENTP
I still think the beetroot starter is odd. Does anybody really eat that much beetroot in a salad, never mind on its own?!
I love beetroot, reminds me of home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.