Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A Few Takeaways From Last Night's [27 March 2017] GGL Event

A Few Takeaways From Last Night's [27 March 2017] GGL Event

Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover

So its really not unusual. It would require real money to try other carriers, who would sign off on that?

It dosen't have to be a budget of millions.

Even a budget of £100k would go a long way.

We could even find them some ex-EUs to stretch the budget further.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:26 am

Sounds like the event served a purpose to give the impression BA are listening to their highly-prized customers. Shame that won't turn into anything meaningful.

The 5 hours' sleep is a masterstroke in PR. It means removal of a meal.

If AA pulled the JV with BA, then there'd be an investment in CW and sharpish.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
I find it bizzare, bordering on irresponsible, that a company the size of BA does not have a competitive intelligence team, with a budget to explore the offerings of competitors.

Or, maybe the competitive intellligence team have spent all their budget on flying Norwegian recently?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have quite a lot of feedback I would love to give direct to BA senior management

How does one wangle an invitation to these GGL events ?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by manord
Or, maybe the competitive intellligence team have spent all their budget on flying Norwegian recently?

Well played sir!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA are all about hard numbers now. If you can't exactly quantify the return on that spend of £100k then it won't get spent, IME.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
And this lot are supposed to be "management".

Un be liev able

They ought to be made to call their non-status CS, with a complex itinerary change, daily for a year.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Fitch
I have quite a lot of feedback I would love to give direct to BA senior management

How does one wangle an invitation to these GGL events ?
Don't know... they used to be like buses for me ( 5 in 18 months) and now it's been as dry as a dry river bed for the last couple of years. Others may know the criteria for selection but I don't
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Bluebirdnick
It beggars belief that they don't fly the competition. I am well paid enough to do so out of my own pocket and they will earn multiple times what I do. They are the senior management for Christ's sake. AC blathers on about ignoring HR policy, so surely they have licence to ignore expense policy to make a booking on another airline. Utterly inexcusable. It genuinely angers me that a group of well paid senior executives can be collectivity and individually so stupid.

Agree entirely (and sadly that does not just apply to BA)!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
I'll join the chorus of being quite staggered that getting sign off to fly a competitor is so difficult for senior management. Incredible.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:58 am

Who gets invited to GGL events? Curious because I hit the tier this year but have never heard of them before...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by manord
I find it bizzare, bordering on irresponsible, that a company the size of BA does not have a competitive intelligence team, with a budget to explore the offerings of competitors.

What on earth makes you think they don't?

That a senior exec allegedly hasn't flown on competitors, accordingly solely to a blogger who may well be motivated by boosting traffic to his website, doesn't equate to BA not keeping track of competitors.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Troy Warfield actually said to me at a previous event that he had intentionally been trying out other F and J product, since joining BA and that it was one of the fun parts of the job. So there is budget somewhere, at least at his level. But, agree that there should be some kind of competitor intelligence team.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:36 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've never been info, despite having an office about 2mins drive from Fortnums!

Anyone fancy bringing me as a +1?!

M
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
It dosen't have to be a budget of millions.

Even a budget of £100k would go a long way.

We could even find them some ex-EUs to stretch the budget further.
£100k is 100,000 Club Europe "short" meals! At the most conservative estimate 20,000 cartons of premium Sunpride.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.