Wiki Posts
Search

I've had enough now . . .

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Toodle pip then.

Enjoy exercising your consumer right to fly with whomever you chose and make the most of it... Fly safe! ^
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
I had a full bourbon and coke spilled all over my jeans on a QF flight one day - soaked me right through . A genuine stumble from the cabin crew as he set the plastic cup down. He quickly brought me a couple of hand towels and soda water, so i piled water on top of the coke to try and avoid a stain. It dried very quickly in the cabin air. He then returned with a fresh drink and some QF-branded trinkets (mini sized playing cards, plastic pen, etc) and while the gesture meant well, i must admit i looked at those with a raised eyebrow. He evidently caught the look; and for the rest of the 7 hour flight to Singapore, i was served jack daniels and coke in glass from business class (i was down the back in Y). I have never got off a flight so plastered as that day ....

Complaint emails or expectations of compensation airmiles never crossed my mind - because good old fashioned on-the-spot customer service recovery was enough. i felt looked after . That was 20 years ago... maybe that feeling is sometimes what is missing these days ?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by LostAntipod
Complaint emails or expectations of compensation airmiles never crossed my mind - because good old fashioned on-the-spot customer service recovery was enough. i felt looked after .
Sounds like it turned out allwhite on the night for you then.

These days compo is very much the name of the game. Mind you you can't help reflecting that if airlines had behaved a bit better over the years then EC261, arbitration companies etc might not have been required.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
White slacks aside the OP is right to be upset, when you pay the extortionate monopoly prices of BA for CW, you expect some attention to detail, but instead the only attention to detail you get is BA's nickel and diming you.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by nk15
White slacks aside the OP is right to be upset, when you pay the extortionate monopoly prices of BA for CW, you expect some attention to detail, but instead the only attention to detail you get is BA's nickel and diming you.
I don't see any evidence of BA doing anything wrong here, were they actually responsible for the spilled wine in the first place? That isn't clear from the OP.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I don't see any evidence of BA doing anything wrong here, were they actually responsible for the spilled wine in the first place? That isn't clear from the OP.
Responsible? Of course not.

Putting a small based wine glass on a postcard size and flimsy fold down tray is obviously a good thing to do when the passenger is asleep.🤔🙄
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Nuster
Responsible? Of course not.

Putting a small based wine glass on a postcard size and flimsy fold down tray is obviously a good thing to do when the passenger is asleep.🤔🙄
Why is it so hard for people to accept that nobody knows what caused the spillage? We don't have the facts so everything else is pure speculation.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Why is it so hard for people to accept that nobody knows what caused the spillage? We don't have the facts so everything else is pure speculation.
We don't need facts, this is the Internet.....
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by dougzz
We don't need facts, this is the Internet.....
of course. How pedantic of me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.