Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
@AStarr indicated he'd had it for brunch though which is why I was semi-hopeful for breakfast. Alas not.
In my expereince brunch is salmon. But never for breakfast do they give fish.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by tedcruz
In my expereince brunch is salmon. But never for breakfast do they give fish.
Do they always give that egg and sausage thing? I also pre-booked a KSML for my medium C ex-LHR I a few days but if that is what I'm likely to get I may need to find a plan C. My preference is actually for cold breakfasts but I think that they tend to give equivalent meal "types" across SPML right (so all breakfast will be hot?)
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Do they always give that egg and sausage thing? I also pre-booked a KSML for my medium C ex-LHR I a few days but if that is what I'm likely to get I may need to find a plan C. My preference is actually for cold breakfasts but I think that they tend to give equivalent meal "types" across SPML right (so all breakfast will be hot?)
I asked the CC today what option there was for a non-hot, non-heavy breakfast and she suggested the sushi one (VO I think?) for medium, but for long I think there is nothing. Also they hadn't loaded any fruit at all for the OTP flight, so literally all there was to eat was carbs and fat.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Depending on the time of the flight. The new KSML brakfast is sausages with tomatoes and mushrooms and spinach frittata. This comes with the usual hard bagel.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
I accept the fact that some out-stations do not have lounge access for eligible BA pax, but these are relatively few in number. On the other-hand if one uses these non-lounge out-stations a lot then this magnifies the issue. But there are very few non-lounge airports that do not offer some sort of catering air-side.
You are absolutely right that no lounge at all is very much the exception. However, for medium routes, lounges that do not offer anything beyond packaged snacks are many, and packaged snacks or nasty sandwiches (ie less than the "in between" bit ) would be a vast majority.

Additionally, even for ex-London, just a reminder that many people are just not travelling C point to point but connecting. That includes me and very frequently, that means just running from plane A to plane B without having any time to stop at the lounge (and of course, even if point to point, you could arrive 45 minutes before your flight having just rushed from a 2 hour meeting and 1 hour in a car to get to the airport all of which will have been spent without a chance to get any food).
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:11 am

I asked the CC today what option there was for a non-hot, non-heavy breakfast and she suggested the sushi one (VO I think?) for medium, but for long I think there is nothing. Also they hadn't loaded any fruit at all for the OTP flight, so literally all there was to eat was carbs and fat.
[ps: liking the fact that you kindly gave me information, not the substance of the information itself!). My last Asian Oriental on medium was the lentils in tomato sauce thing. Definitely hot and not too great - I thought the vegetarian sushi was only for brunch or afternoon tea? I could try low calorie and get the egg white omelette. I wish there was a "sweet tooth" option, I'd do waffles or French toast sooner than the usual breakfast, but I suspect that even a child meal would not deliver?...
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:17 am

[ps: liking the fact that you kindly gave me information, not the substance of the information itself!). My last Asian Oriental on medium was the lentils in tomato sauce thing. Definitely hot and not too great - I thought the vegetarian sushi was only for brunch or afternoon tea? I could try low calorie and get the egg white omelette. I wish there was a "sweet tooth" option, I'd do waffles or French toast sooner than the usual breakfast, but I suspect that even a child meal would not deliver?...
I was also going to p.s. that I realise salmon and challah = carbs and fat, but I'm sure you got my gist... i.e. stodge.
orbitmic and tedcruz like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:21 am

I was also going to p.s. that I realise salmon and challah = carbs and fat, but I'm sure you got my gist... i.e. stodge.
Omega 3 rich fat, it's all good, and kosher cream cheese may be the fattest of the lot but it is also by far the best!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
You are absolutely right that no lounge at all is very much the exception. However, for medium routes, lounges that do not offer anything beyond packaged snacks are many, and packaged snacks or nasty sandwiches (ie less than the "in between" bit ) would be a vast majority.

Additionally, even for ex-London, just a reminder that many people are just not travelling C point to point but connecting. That includes me and very frequently, that means just running from plane A to plane B without having any time to stop at the lounge (and of course, even if point to point, you could arrive 45 minutes before your flight having just rushed from a 2 hour meeting and 1 hour in a car to get to the airport all of which will have been spent without a chance to get any food).
Orbitmic, Welcome to the business world of the 21st century! What better way to relax after such a hectic few hours than sit back in your seat and savour the delights and flavours provided courtesy of a BA tea service! Sheer bliss...

Doc Copper

Last edited by DoctorCopper; Aug 24, 2018 at 10:46 am
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:51 am

Orbitmic, Welcome to the business world of the 21st century! What better way to relax after such a hectic few hours than sit back in your seat and savour the delights and flavours provided courtesy of a BA tea service! Sheer bliss...

Doc Copper
sounds like a good way forward to me: I suggest ba replaces the flight based system by a passenger based system: you and fellow afternoon tea lovers can get the cumulated bliss from all the afternoon teas ba ever intended to distribute, and the rest of us miscreants with no appreciation for that finest of delights will get all the long band dinners!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:04 am

I suspect that the 'tea only' flights might be sparsely populated - a win-win situation (for me) if ever there was one!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:15 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
My dear Pucci, tea (as opposed to high tea) is intended to fill the gap between lunch and dinner. BA's version of tea offering three delicately cut finger sandwiches plus a slice of the Dundee-style fruit cake is perfect.

Doc Copper
Perfect for what? Feeding to the dog, if you could get ours to eat it. That is what we in Surbiton used to have with a cup of tea - teatime is usually around 3 - 4.30 - not all afternoon. It is cheap, cheapskate, and and not worth th tray that they are served on.. I wouldn't mind if they had some decent sandwiches, but this Now-We-Six catering.

Why don't we have a Tea Party and invite Orbitmic. I'll make the sandwiches, I'll bake the scones and provide the jam and cream, you provide the Champagne and Orbitmic can pay the govery and vitner's bill as he's loaded I'm sure that we can find a playpen if you ask nicely, and I'll pack Him Indoors of to a Rugby Game or something equally tedious.

You will emerge never wanting one of BA's sad third rate offerings, and I promise that I won't say "What's Up Doc?"

Shall we invite Alex Cruz?
T8191, truncated and TWCLAM like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:17 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

Doc Copper
and I nearly believed you!

Sheer Bliss? I'm the Go-To Girl for that!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:26 am

Trust me; I always tell the truth.

Doc Copper
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
@AStarr indicated he'd had it for brunch though which is why I was semi-hopeful for breakfast. Alas not.
Not had the kosher breakfast option. And wasn't willing to risk getting yet another letdown of a bagel. I went for the vegetarian (not vegan) option instead. In hindsight, I should have gone for the low calorie option to lower the grease factor. One of my priorities at breakfast is to avoid British sausages (sorry guys, not a fan). And airplane food sausage from the same country? Yikes. Cannot imagine that turning out well for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.