Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2018, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The informal drinks and nuts are equally as nice ^
To me it is indeed not a question of formal or informal. However, in my experience, many crew are excellent at asking passengers if they need/want anything else at various points, others do it with some of us but not others, and others do not do it at all.

It is absolutely right that even in that last case, one can always ask pro-actively and if you do you will get your drink, but quite frankly, I do not think that this should be necessary, and in a way, it takes a level of familiarity with the service to know that you can ask at any time (unless it is said which is then fine), and some people would not feel comfortable asking for things if not asked and there is no point saying that they should because it is just a matter of personal sense of what is polite or not (and to be honest, I tend to personally share their view).

Oh and before anyone starts worrying about my alcohol consumption, my drink of choice is normally sparkling water and yes, I do drink a lot of it at home, at work, and pretty much anywhere else too. And as unfortunately BA does not carry small bottles of sparkling water onboard, we are indeed dependent on top ups.
Old May 26, 2018, 3:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
To me it is indeed not a question of formal or informal. However, in my experience, many crew are excellent at asking passengers if they need/want anything else at various points, others do it with some of us but not others, and others do not do it at all.

It is absolutely right that even in that last case, one can always ask pro-actively and if you do you will get your drink, but quite frankly, I do not think that this should be necessary, and in a way, it takes a level of familiarity with the service to know that you can ask at any time (unless it is said which is then fine), and some people would not feel comfortable asking for things if not asked and there is no point saying that they should because it is just a matter of personal sense of what is polite or not (and to be honest, I tend to personally share their view).

Oh and before anyone starts worrying about my alcohol consumption, my drink of choice is normally sparkling water and yes, I do drink a lot of it at home, at work, and pretty much anywhere else too. And as unfortunately BA does not carry small bottles of sparkling water onboard, we are indeed dependent on top ups.
My post was to remind readers that the bars are open and drinks available throughout the flight on request.
Old May 26, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

My post was to remind readers that the bars are open and drinks available throughout the flight on request.
Which again, I completely agree with. I was just pointing out that I understand why some are frustrated that some crews are not very proactive/good at offering extra drink (including on longer flights) even though a lot (a majority) of them are.
Old May 26, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA
Just to report today's flight to MAD ( 319, 10 CE rows)
Great crew and I was able to exchange a quick word with one of them regarding the "upgraded" services.
With my surprise, she mentioned it is still a trial and she was hoping they would reverse it to the old catering as it's very hard to serve everything to everyone in such a short flight.

I prepared for the worse but the service was smooth, with one FA serving a first round of drinks while the other followed with the food. Food came a little later , but you might expect that with 10 CE rows (wasn't there a rumour somewhere with a limit of 6/7 rows?)
All in all the food serving took more or less 15min, which left everyone plenty of time to get top ups....
They managed that flight very good! Big up for the crew.
Old May 26, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Pelu
Just to report today's flight to MAD ( 319, 10 CE rows)
Great crew and I was able to exchange a quick word with one of them regarding the "upgraded" services.
With my surprise, she mentioned it is still a trial and she was hoping they would reverse it to the old catering as it's very hard to serve everything to everyone in such a short flight.

I prepared for the worse but the service was smooth, with one FA serving a first round of drinks while the other followed with the food. Food came a little later , but you might expect that with 10 CE rows (wasn't there a rumour somewhere with a limit of 6/7 rows?)
All in all the food serving took more or less 15min, which left everyone plenty of time to get top ups....
They managed that flight very good! Big up for the crew.
Good to see this on medium flights now, even if it is just a trial. Interesting that they serve everything together rather than starter then main as on long bands. I wonder whether this is an 'enterprising' crew or the new SOP.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by JMurray
Good to see this on medium flights now, even if it is just a trial. Interesting that they serve everything together rather than starter then main as on long bands. I wonder whether this is an 'enterprising' crew or the new SOP.
it’s not on medium flights. The trial is merely to move MAD to the long band. Medium keep the usual wholly inadequate food for the time being.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic

it’s not on medium flights. The trial is merely to move MAD to the long band. Medium keep the usual wholly inadequate food for the time being.
Given what Pelu was told supra, I wonder if this is a trial of a potential new ‘medium band’ service? We can live in hope

Perhaps those who travel on these ‘trial’ medium band service should be encouraged to provide positive feedback.
Pelu likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:04 am

Given what Pelu was told supra, I wonder if this is a trial of a potential new ‘medium band’ service? We can live in hope

Perhaps those who travel on these ‘trial’ medium band service should be encouraged to provide positive feedback.
Needless to say I'd applaud with hands, feet, and whatever else I can summon!! ^
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BA
Although it's only a feeling, but from the conversation I had with the CC I was under the impression that this was a trial for a possible change in medium band catering. Maybe it was just driven by my hopes!!
​​​​​​I will try to chit chat on the way back to LHR and will report back!
florens and Tobias-UK like this.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The above MAD meal looks similar to that served on the LHR-OTP route at the moment, except the main course is chicken or cod.

I think the dessert looks messy but tastes ok.
Old May 27, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The dessert "Coffee cream caramel with gingerbread crumble" is actually quite nice. Its only messy because of the plane movements.
NoY likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Fontana
The dessert "Coffee cream caramel with gingerbread crumble" is actually quite nice. Its only messy because of the plane movements.
i must say I’m not a fan. The crumb in particular feels soggy and awkward imho. The rest of the meal is nice however.
Old May 27, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC, Silver
Flying LGW-PFO this week, PFO-LGW next week.
What sort of service loop can I expect? I.e should I “stock up” on drinks on the first bar round or will the crew do an after take off drink, then another round before meal service?
Is lunch served as a three course meal or are courses served individually on the longer routes?
Is the return PFO-LGW likely to be a different service loop due to departing at 2000ish?
Also, how many crew would operate in Club? Currently sold at 6 rows out, 7 rows coming back.

thanks in advance.
Old May 27, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Gary999

Absolutely not. I’ve never had Champagne de Castelnau anywhere other than a BA flight (thankfully) and I like to take time to enjoy what I drink when I’ve chosen it. But it has occasionally been an enjoyable challenge during a short outward bound flight. Although in hindsight, cocktail parties on cruise ships is another occasion I take up the challenge - again, limited amount of time but no charge per flute as already included in the cost of the original fare...
This.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:40 pm

Anyone else dislike the oat cakes served with the cheese, find them horrible. Why can't they change them to crackers or water biscuits preferably?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.