Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) ✈✈✈, Accor (Silver), IHG (Platinum), Cunard (Diamond)
Originally Posted by smokie36
Well that is a tad subjective.

Try getting a second bottle of fizz on an AMS hop in CE.
I’ve managed three bottles, LGW-AMS and LGW-JER. Not every flight, granted, but as the crew often say “There is always time for more Champagne Mr Gary999”.
KARFA and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old May 26, 2018, 7:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Gary999

I’ve managed three bottles, LGW-AMS and LGW-JER. Not every flight, granted, but as the crew often say “There is always time for more Champagne Mr Gary999”.
Impressive - will have to try for 3 next time I go to AMS. It is certainly a 2 bottle route at a comfortable pace. LHR-MAN I find tough for 2 bottles, I do sometimes have to rely on the plastic cup so I can use the last 10 mins to finish.
Gary999 likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
I've never actually tried but not noticed many top ups either.

A more proactive approach required next time!
Old May 26, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by smokie36
I've never actually tried but not noticed many top ups either.

A more proactive approach required next time!
it’s the small bottles on shorter routes, so just extra bottles rather than top ups. medium and longer routes get full sized bottles so that’s where you need topping up.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Impressive - will have to try for 3 next time I go to AMS. It is certainly a 2 bottle route at a comfortable pace. LHR-MAN I find tough for 2 bottles, I do sometimes have to rely on the plastic cup so I can use the last 10 mins to finish.
I’ve had a plastic cup a few times too but sitting in 1A helps as by the time the catering trolley returns back to the front, that’s when I usually request my second bottle. I’m off to FCO in just over a week which I understand is poured from a standard bottle. Worried this may mean I’m offered less. Let’s hope the flight crew are one of the better ones...
Old May 26, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Somewhat OT, but just out of interest .....

Do folk who happily guzzle several glasses of fizz, on such incredibly short sectors as AMS or JER, get through similar amounts within the space of 20 mins or so when at home or in a social setting ?? Or is the urge to drink so much due to the fact that it’s “free” ........
lhrpete likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by subject2load

Do folk who happily guzzle several glasses of fizz, on such incredibly short sectors as AMS or JER, get through similar amounts within the space of 20 mins or so when at home or in a social setting ?? Or is the urge to drink so much due to the fact that it’s “free” ........
not really free, the CE ticket costs money. anyway, as you say this is going off topic and going in to OMNI territory.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by subject2load

Absolutely not. I’ve never had Champagne de Castelnau anywhere other than a BA flight (thankfully) and I like to take time to enjoy what I drink when I’ve chosen it. But it has occasionally been an enjoyable challenge during a short outward bound flight. Although in hindsight, cocktail parties on cruise ships is another occasion I take up the challenge - again, limited amount of time but no charge per flute as already included in the cost of the original fare...

Last edited by Gary999; May 26, 2018 at 9:21 am Reason: Addition
Old May 26, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

Absolutely not. I’ve never had Champagne de Castelnau anywhere other than a BA flight (thankfully) .................
Am no great aficionado of bubbly stuff (whether on ground or in the air) but this made me smile.
Gary999 likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB

I’ve had a plastic cup a few times too but sitting in 1A helps as by the time the catering trolley returns back to the front, that’s when I usually request my second bottle. I’m off to FCO in just over a week which I understand is poured from a standard bottle. Worried this may mean I’m offered less. Let’s hope the flight crew are one of the better ones...
FCO is poured from full bottles and it has been one of the routes where I have had the crew consistently top up my glass, to the extent where they have said do you want to finish the bottle. They also gave me a refill in the plastic glass when the 10 minutes chime sounded with the comment "why waste the 10 minutes".
KARFA and Gary999 like this.
Old May 26, 2018, 9:49 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

Absolutely not. I’ve never had Champagne de Castelnau anywhere other than a BA flight (thankfully) ...
Now - all Champagne snobbery aside (we're everywhere) - I too have had some that was short of the mark. I sometimes wonder if the caterers are storing it properly. I have had delicious and I have had so-so. What I cannot tell is how long it keeps its fizz as I drink it long before the Fizz has gone.

So, when you pop round to mine for Aperitifs (and you are the first and only person that I have invited from here which bottle will you bring to draw me into your web? For the first and only time in my life since I left BCAL for BA, I would have loved to pinch a bottle that I saw at the FLounge at LGW - only it was all open. The Jacquart Rosé that they were serving - well - I thought that it was absolutely delicious and I am not a huge Rosé fan. I was yearning for Foie Gras with which to pair it - but this was a BA lounge so that was out.
Old May 26, 2018, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
So, when you pop round to mine for Aperitifs (and you are the first and only person that I have invited from here which bottle will you bring to draw me into your web?
It would have to be Krug!
Old May 26, 2018, 10:09 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

It would have to be Krug!
You just became a MUCCI. For good taste, and a certain amount of most welcome flattery!
Gary999 likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Remember on all BA flights the bars are open throughout the flight (until shortly before landing) and drinks will be brought to you if you ask. .
Yes I am aware of it and the crews made an announcement about it. However, it will be nice to get a formal final beverage with at least a bag of mixed nuts prior to arrival. It is not that labor intensive and those mixed cuts cost almost nothing.
lhrpete likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Carfield
Yes I am aware of it and the crews made an announcement about it. However, it will be nice to get a formal final beverage with at least a bag of mixed nuts prior to arrival. It is not that labor intensive and those mixed cuts cost almost nothing.
The informal drinks and nuts are equally as nice ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.