Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Sealink
I have to say I am sick of those paninis. The smell of them...
So little imagination I agree... I'm sure British Rail would do better...
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:49 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Timed purely for FT for journalistic reasons, you understand. And hunger. (ref not being admitted to full GVA lounge ....)

I nominate “Selection of Cold Meats, apparently” as the best descriptor some of BA’s recent fare that we’ve had on here in ages.
Of course. I might add that given your track record of limited hyperbole, I can well believe you and, indeed would have done so myself.

I recently flew ALC - LGW. The Club Section that no one is willing to pay for, had 32 of us. The CSM, a veteran on 20 years and his colleague took the whole service in his stride. He did a full drink round followed by the starter (Cumin Quinoa with vegetables and a delicious tomato purée). a choice of Boeuf Bourgignon or Seafood Pasta. Both are delicious. The Cheddar was delicious and the Cherry Tarte Frangipane was moorish. The Champagne ran out on past row one on the sortie with the trays.

I learnt that they load six bottles of Champagne for the outbound and return, so if everyone drinks it on the way our or back, it's gone. Does anyone have any guesses as to the amount those glasses hold? 100cl? 150 cl? They load 2 Beef to 1 pasta.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
As MAN/LHR is my most regular route, the lack of choice means that I face an almost endless stream of salads. I actually preferred the old style salads. So, knowing I would have ate in the lounge, rather than decline the meal, I opted for a special meal. I thought I’d try the Asian Vegetarian.

I am somewhat at a loss to explain what this actually was. There was some cous cous with chopped vegetables, accompanied with some sort of which again included chopped veg. There was some token greenery, but I can not describe what the flat slices are. Overall it was lacking in any real flavour and I ate very little of it. For some reason I was not offered any bread despite having butter on the tray.

The desert was some sort of rice pudding cake. That was ok.

I won’t be tempted to order this again.

Last edited by madfish; Mar 10, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Asian Vegetarian LHR/MAN March 2018
Old Mar 11, 2018, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by madfish
As MAN/LHR is my most regular route, the lack of choice means that I face an almost endless stream of salads. I actually preferred the old style salads. So, knowing I would have ate in the lounge, rather than decline the meal, I opted for a special meal. I thought I’d try the Asian Vegetarian.

I am somewhat at a loss to explain what this actually was. There was some cous cous with chopped vegetables, accompanied with some sort of which again included chopped veg. There was some token greenery, but I can not describe what the flat slices are. Overall it was lacking in any real flavour and I ate very little of it. For some reason I was not offered any bread despite having butter on the tray.

The desert was some sort of rice pudding cake. That was ok.

I won’t be tempted to order this again.
Are you sure that it is not the Cumin flavoured Quinoa. It is a starter on Zone 3 and I found it delicious - if it is the same and it looks very like it.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
I've got two long shorthaul flights ex LGW coming up. FNC and MLA both departing before 9am. So it's definitely breakfast. Am not too keen on eating pork ( visited a pork processing plant once, put me off a bit), so am thinking of ordering a special meal for breakfast. Maybe Kosher, Muslim or Asian Vegetarian. Anyone done that and what would I get?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi all. Got a CE trip to LGW/FAO out 23rd March 17.15. Am I right in thinking it will be a medium band dinner on the way out, and that'll almost certainly be a sad looking panini? I did see a post in this thread from May last year where someone was given a chicken curry... but I don't want to get my hopes up/miss out on loading up in the lounge!

Edit: realised FAO is long so worrying about nothing!

Last edited by Ajm1987; Mar 11, 2018 at 10:08 am Reason: Realised FAO is long not medium
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Are you sure that it is not the Cumin flavoured Quinoa. It is a starter on Zone 3 and I found it delicious - if it is the same and it looks very like it.
I honestly wouldn’t know. I’m not very cultured when it comes to food. I’d be happy with a bacon stottie.
Sealink and ttama like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Fontana
Can't go wrong with the Chicken tikka masala with saffron pilaf and gobi saag, Its the best thing on the menu at the moment! I've had it few times.
That’s what I went for was one of the best dishes I’ve had in the sky!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by darloscott

Here’s the beef & cheese panini from this mornings 1325 NCL-LHR. The other option was a selection of cold meats apparently
I had this on the way back from MAD this evening.

Any panini from Starbucks, Cafe Nero would be much better I’m sure.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Some pictures from the BA801 yesterday KEF-LHR. Zone 3 meal which was really nice. Superb crew too.

Zone 3 starter - Seared King Prawns on a salad with dessert Hazelnut cheesecake with mango & passionfruit jelly. Both very nice

Zone 3 Main - chicken breast with pappardelle pasta in a lobster sauce, again very nice!
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by madfish

I honestly wouldn’t know. I’m not very cultured when it comes to food. I’d be happy with a bacon stottie.
You have the advantage of me - what;s a Stottie?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
You have the advantage of me - what;s a Stottie?
A very large (approx 10inch) bread cake, with a height of about 2inches. Fairly dense texture. Often served wit a filling of ham and pease pudding. Although equally at home with bacon.

If you ever visit Newcastle then you will find them in Greggs. They even sell them at NCL.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by MrsBiggles
I've got two long shorthaul flights ex LGW coming up. FNC and MLA both departing before 9am. So it's definitely breakfast. Am not too keen on eating pork ( visited a pork processing plant once, put me off a bit), so am thinking of ordering a special meal for breakfast. Maybe Kosher, Muslim or Asian Vegetarian. Anyone done that and what would I get?
The Kosher meal is an omellete with mushrooms and tomatos. I have posted a few pictures upthread. If you are travelling between the 30th of March and 8th of April, you will get a Kosher for Passover meal. I have had no experience with those, but the wiki shows links to images.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by tedcruz

BA548 Kosher meal LHR-FCO 21/11/17
MrsBiggles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.