Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by BahrainLad

I think the rot actually started when someone who professes to be in charge of BA "products" (although actually they are just a marketing bod) solemnly told me that the Club Europe proposition offered the ultimate in convenience and control, it suddenly clicked to me that this person was so detached from the reality of what a premium shorthaul passenger might want [& what BA actually deliver] ....................
BahrainLad - do excuse my scepticism, but can you please confirm 100% that there is no embellishment here, and that these words really were uttered ?

(I ask as a keen fan of Buzzword Bingo ..... very often my sole means of staying awake during afternoon graveyard slots on day 3 of 3-day seminars )
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Boyfrombiot
Having flown ACE-LGW today I can report that the menu for LGW inbound for December is the same menu I had on the way out in November.

I have attached a copy of the menu. Pictures of the food can be found in my post about the Outbound in November.
Cheers
Steve
Thanks, the beef looks decent - I think we'll both be safe with that!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
BA 891 SOF-LHR
11 December

*Very* shellfish-heavy menu. Seemed a bit unwise due to allergies (okay, maybe that's just me) and potential polarisation (though not quite at marmite levels).

Absolutely lovely crew! CSM was very banterful (banterous?) and proactive with service - how BA should be!

Beef was tasty - sauce very nice. Mash a bit boring, but veg alright. Bread warmed just enough. Pudding far too sweet, though that's probably just my taste. Not a massive fan of brie and find the biscuits almost soggy, but very much appreciate the quince paste. All around, very good flight and thankful to be back in London given the weekend's weather drama.

Would post pictures but pretty standard fare - let me know if you'd like to have a look.

Menu as follows:

Starter
Seared king prawns on goma wakame salad

Main
Grilled breast of chicken with pappardelle pasta and lobster cream sauce
or
Slow-braised beef cheek with sweetcorn mash and thyme jus

Dessert
Crunchy hazelnut cheesecake with mango and passion-fruit jelly
and
Somerset brie with quince jelly and oat cakes
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
It occurs to me that if it will take until October 2018 to revamp catering on short and medium the paninis must have a very long shelf life.

In the meantime having had one I'll stick to booking the exit row and taking on board any food and drink I need for the flight.
Hold on, is it confirmed or largely accepted that the new CE food improvements will come in Oct 18 ? I hope not.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by lostinlondon
BA 891 SOF-LHR
11 December

*Very* shellfish-heavy menu. Seemed a bit unwise due to allergies (okay, maybe that's just me) and potential polarisation (though not quite at marmite levels).

Absolutely lovely crew! CSM was very banterful (banterous?) and proactive with service - how BA should be!

Beef was tasty - sauce very nice. Mash a bit boring, but veg alright. Bread warmed just enough. Pudding far too sweet, though that's probably just my taste. Not a massive fan of brie and find the biscuits almost soggy, but very much appreciate the quince paste. All around, very good flight and thankful to be back in London given the weekend's weather drama.

Would post pictures but pretty standard fare - let me know if you'd like to have a look.

Menu as follows:

Starter

Main
or

Dessert
and
I must say it sounds quite nice a menu! ^ Re-shellfish, as someone with a family member suffering from a very severe allergy, I can only recommend ordering a special meal for people who do suffer as shellfish is contained in so many preparations in invisible ways (many Asian dishes feature fish or shellfish powders, sauces or extracts). As for 'taste', I'm not convinced that it polarises people more than meat, cheese, or eggs though that is purely anecdotal (I eat absolutely everything myself but know many more people who wouldn't eat meat than who eat no shellfish for non-allergic reasons).
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
...(I eat absolutely everything myself ....
Including the BA burgers and panini?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Including the BA burgers and panini?
Ah very good question! ^ I dislike those panini a lot (don't mind the burgers though I find the bacon rolls really poor!) as preparation but don't mind the components. Maybe 'i'll eat any ingredient' would have been more accurate!!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by lostinlondon
BA 891 SOF-LHR
11 December

It

Menu as follows:

Starter

Main
or

Dessert
and
If you have pics - please post as I think this is my next meal rotation.

cheers
neil
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Neilgcal

If you have pics - please post as I think this is my next meal rotation.

cheers
neil
Hope this helps - sorry, no starter as stated above. The beef was definitely more popular (they ran out 3rd row of 4) so if you fancy it, I'd recommend sitting as far forward as possible.

Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
The beef cheek is stunning, so do make sure you sit forward to get it. It's really good... those oat cakes with the cheese though, pretty rotten. Water crackers would be far nicer.
lostinlondon likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
ROT B Dec 2017

Rotation B Dec 2017

LHR-TLL. Think I got confused with the different rotations but the food was still good anyway.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
The beef cheek is stunning, so do make sure you sit forward to get it. It's really good... those oat cakes with the cheese though, pretty rotten. Water crackers would be far nicer.
cant please everyone: I prefer oatcakes to water crackers though I much prefer the fruit crackers in F to both
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic

cant please everyone: I prefer oatcakes to water crackers though I much prefer the fruit crackers in F to both
FWIW I prefer oatcakes but it seems as if the ones in CE have been left in quite a moist environment (i.e. with the cheese/quince) rather than in an airtight packaging, hence they're a bit too damp/crumbly.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
So I was on the 546 to FCO today. I won't post pictures as what I had was exactly the same as the poster at #1775 had WAW-LHR. Unlike many I quite liked the duck: it was not at all tough and quite tasty.

No menus appeared. I don’t know whether they had not been loaded or whether the cabin crew forgot. The alternative to the Chicken Tikka masala, which I enjoyed, was a fish pie which my husband praised. He didn't particularly praise the Pavlova. He said its two (yes, two) pieces of fruit (and small ones at that) were the absolute minimum which could be added to meringue and cream to call them a Pavlova….

Last edited by hsmall; Dec 15, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:35 am

Flew VLC-LGW today and was hoping to finally add something vaguely useful to this thread (my employer recently switched to BA so apparently this is where I will hang out from now on) - but as previously noted, it's the same rotation as November. Had the beef bourguignon which was acceptable, meat a little tough in places but overall ok. Flight was quite empty and so got PDBs as well as liberal top-ups of the Castelnau throughout. Not so sure about that cumin quinoa starter though.

LHR-ARN later this week, fully expect that to be considerably busier...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.