Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:28 am

and the new menus for LGW, yeah!

LGW TFS Rot A - nov 17 , breakfast

LGW TFS Rot A Breakfast Nov 2017

a very delicious British yoghurt from Yeo Valley mango & vanilla combination flavour

Full English Breakfast

TFS - LGW Rot A - nov 17 - dinner

we both loved the starter

Starter Tiramisu and Cheddar Cheese

Goat's cheese and Shropshire Blue starter

also very much enjoyed the Thai green chicken curry. Would have loved a bit more curry.

Thai green chicken curry

Tasty cheddar cheese and delicious wrapped! crisp bread and tiramisu for dessert. I don't normally have the sweet dessert as I don't like orangey flavoured chocolate.... finished all the tiramisu though! Clean plates for both of us.

Last edited by AmaaiZeg; Nov 22, 2017 at 10:03 am Reason: Checking photo links
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
Let me be the first to say that if the LGW principle is the same as for LHR and that this, with its over-generous two leaves of baby cos is thus the "main course" salad for Medium band dinners and lunches, I shall be very tempted to throw it at Alex Cruz's face.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Many thanks for this, getting LGW Long menus can be tricky sometimes, so that's good of you to post it.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Let me be the first to say that if the LGW principle is the same as for LHR and that this, with its over-generous two leaves of baby cos is thus the "main course" salad for Medium band dinners and lunches, I shall be very tempted to throw it at Alex Cruz's face.

Last edited by Rubecula; Nov 11, 2017 at 8:08 am Reason: Again I misread the post. I need new glasses.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Thanks for the Gatters post above! It puzzles me about why it appears to be MEAT/VEGETARIAN for Gatters and MEAT/FISH at LHR on longer routes..
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:22 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Oh don't Petal - give it to me. I loved it when I had it. it was much tastier and more filling than that picture shows.

Don't waste it throwing it at him!
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Looks like leftovers. Utter garbage.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Oh don't Petal - give it to me.
well, that of course I will, but mostly on the grounds that I would be delighted to give you my nice real meal too and not just that dollhouse sized version. I’m no big eater but in what parallel universe does that salad sample constitute a full meal?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
well, that of course I will, but mostly on the grounds that I would be delighted to give you my nice real meal too and not just that dollhouse sized version. I’m no big eater but in what parallel universe does that salad sample constitute a full meal?
I don't think we have any evidence that this has been presented as a medium band main course? I live in hope - from what I've seen the Gatwick medium meals seem a bit better than the Heathrow ones, but if this tiny starter does end up as a main then I will join you in throwing it.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:35 am

Returning from VCE 48hrs ago I chose the 'Ploughmans'. I don't have a photo unfortunately but my lettuce was nothing like as crisp as orbitmic's in the photo above, I didn't get a roll - but a plastic bag with two small slices of white bread - one piece of cheese that would just about feed the mice in my garage and some frozen butter. I attempted to butter the bread, thinking this attempt at a 'Britishness' meal must be the product of a BA-style W1A* focus group, gave up and put it in my pocket to warm it up. Then passed out...this was the end of a mileage run Phuket-BKK-DOH-VCE (-LGW)....and was awoken by the missus, who was in shock at the lack of water in the loo, wondering how anyone was washing their hands, to find I now had a pocket full of molten butter!

N.B. The wife, accompanying me on a mileage run for the first time was expecting that Club Europe was a lie flat bed Let's just say that she liked the incessant supply of Earl Grey tea served by the Qatar folks (are they droids?...nice ones) and won't be flying pointy end short haul on BA anytime soon.

I did take photos of the food splattered on the window surround and centre tray before I cleaned around with the moist towelette, wish I'd taken a photo of the food though.

(*W1A for non-BBC watchers....download it if you can, it's a comedic look at the BBC produced by the BBC itself. Good old self-deprecating Brits!)

Last edited by Spongthrush; Nov 12, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:14 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Honey, I hear you. Him Indoors shares the DNA and appetite of a fully fledged hog. The only advantage of traveling alone is that I get to eat everything rather than sharing it.

I have to say that I can manage on what he calls (and it would apply in this particular instance) "full dainties", whereas he is living proof that the way to any man's heart is via his stomach. So, in all seriousness, if that salad constituted a full meal, we would all look like those emaciated females from the catwalk.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by florens
Hey folks,
As promised upthread, you can see below the new long rotation A chicken tikka masala meal picture.
A couple of thoughts on the flight too, however.
Details: BA877 TLL-LHR, G-EUYI, flight time: 2h40, CE: 14/16, ET 139/144

[*]The trays are really too small now for this type of catering. The plate under the chicken tikka masala plate didn’t fit on the tray with the desert plate (round) still on it. This meant that I had to remove the desert and cheese to be able to fit the whole main course plate onto the tray. Otherwise it would have overlapped the edge of the tray and be uneven. Not very premium if you ask me…[/LIST]

Starter, cheese and desert
The smoked duck starter above was basically the salad option on my DUB-LHR flight yesterday - perfectly adequate for the short flight, but interesting to see how they are reducing costs by having the caterers supply as few different dishes as possible.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by cosmo74
The smoked duck starter above was basically the salad option on my DUB-LHR flight yesterday - perfectly adequate for the short flight, but interesting to see how they are reducing costs by having the caterers supply as few different dishes as possible.
Yep, this has been the case since spring this year.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

LGW TFS Rot A - nov 17 , breakfast

a very delicious British yoghurt from Yeo Valley mango & vanilla combination flavour

Yeo Valley yogurt is very nice, but it's not the Bircher muesli that was advertised on the menu, is it?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Starter on outbound TLL yesterday (Fri 16th) was salmon not duck. No menus but crew outstanding. Made a fuss of all the passengers, the fizz flowed and all 6 rows appeared to enjoy the party! Only drawback was the number of pax queuing for the forward toilet from euro traveller. 8 at one point. However the main reason for this was the extremely slow progress of the trolley moving down through the back serving BOB blocking the aisle and access to the rear toilets. (my friend was in 9C).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.