Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald)
Special Meal Shenanigans

Thanks to this helpful thread, I was able to determine the meals for my upcoming flights from Manchester via LHR to Cyprus next week, returning the week after. Whilst according to FT, the rotation should be one set of meals, according to BA You First (I have a First booking and cheekily asked if they could give me some info on my Club Europe booking a few weeks earlier) it is a different set of meals. Either way, they contain food I can't eat, so it's special meals for me.

I wanted to order Kosher on the MAN-LHR / LHR-MAN segments and then VLML on the LHR-LCA / LCA-LHR sectors. However, the options online were not showing Kosher for the outbound MAN-LHR, although there were options for every other type of meal.

I called BA and asked if they could help me and also tell me what the VLML may be, as I've heard mixed reports as to whether it is a genuine VLML or actually a VGML with a different label. First agent requested the kosher meal for me on the domestic outbound flight and then said he would find out about the VLMLs. He put me on hold to make some calls - mostly to the wrong places - and eventually cut me off.

I called back and spoke to a different agent who told me that firstly there is no way on earth they can find out what will be in my meals, but that also they do not offer Kosher meals in CE on domestic flights and that it would be a choice between a meat and a veggie sandwich on board. This seemed a bit weird given that one of my good friends flew this route last week and got a kosher meal. The aget said she'd make a note on the booking for them to ensure they set aside the veggie for me.

I then get a notification from MyFlights, which is tracking my bookings, to say that the Kosher meal has actually been requested for the outbound domestic and that a Vegetarian Hindu meal has been requested for the inbound domestic!!!

Can someone please help to clarify what the heck the situation is. Firstly are kosher meals supplied on domestics and is a VLML to Cyprus going to actually be lacto-ovo or is it likely to be vegan?? I can't understand how BA can be so inconsistent and difficult on what seems to be a simple issue. Aaargh!
schofs likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Praise be, the LHR menus for Long / Rest of the Day have changed! Among other things, that means Fish Pie is back!! It's not quite as good as the CW Fish Pie of yore, but still it's very good and the sort of dish that works well in the air.

This isn't a precursor to the CE catering revision planned for next year, indeed the rotations appear to be the same. However the main meal and dessert component have changed. The starters have not changed, so that means Medium is still going to struggle with a now somewhat repetitive selection, since the starters in Long are the salad main meal in Medium and some Short meals. And unfortunately there is still tomato/mozzarella + vegetable sushi for the special meals.

LCY also changed last week, and so I'll speculate that LGW's Long meal options have also changed, though again I imagine the rotation pattern will continue.

So this is the Rotation A menu inbound to LHR, mains being chicken tikka or fish pie:

This is the starter, the change here really being the new pavlova dessert. That's quite nice but could have done with a lot more berry coulis.

and then this is the fish pie.

I will amend the wiki, but until we see the rest of the rotations, we won't know all the new options for a few more weeks. So it should be seen as WIP.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ManchesterBDFlyer
I then get a notification from MyFlights, which is tracking my bookings, to say that the Kosher meal has actually been requested for the outbound domestic and that a Vegetarian Hindu meal has been requested for the inbound domestic!!!

Can someone please help to clarify what the heck the situation is. Firstly are kosher meals supplied on domestics and is a VLML to Cyprus going to actually be lacto-ovo or is it likely to be vegan?? I can't understand how BA can be so inconsistent and difficult on what seems to be a simple issue. Aaargh!
I don't think kosher normally goes domestic, unless someone decides to load it anyway at LHR for you. If it's not a silly question, what are you trying to avoid here? You can certainly have kosher to and from Cyprus, so why not swap them around and have vegetarian on the domestic sectors?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Last night's delightful "dinner" from PRG.

I thought there would be a meal, not a roll. Also, why not sub out these to a decent sandwich maker. Tasted and looked vile
Those panini things are so God-awful. Even the sight of them.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Fish Pie is back!! It's not quite as good as the CW Fish Pie of yore, but still it's very good and the sort of dish that works well in the air.

I will amend the wiki, but until we see the rest of the rotations, we won't know all the new options for a few more weeks. So it should be seen as WIP.
Great work well done! Such a lottery for me as I am pescatarian in the main. Cannot eat duck but love fish pie! Plus I am on the 877 back from TLL on the 20th Nov... Would love to know what is on the menu on the 876. Not madly keen on ordering a VLML. Am in row 3 on both legs.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
Did FRA-LCY last night on the 8735. There were no menus and no choice of food, just a warm vegetarian pasta dish and a very bland sponge like dessert. Also no hot towels, not sure if cityflyer flights usually have them?

It looks like the plane had been parked in FRA since Friday evening which may explain the catering deviations from the salads we had been looking forward to!
Disgraceful! I'm flying LCY-FRA CE next month I hope this isn't my experience.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Edinflyer
I did EDI to LCY last night and it was either the chicken tika or smoked tuna - served with a mouse and berry compote... I went for the chicken and a couple of bottles of castelnau

It was surprisingly tasty with some lime on the side to be squeezed over the salad - great service from the CSM too!
I have an upcoming 10:45 a.m. departure same route. Any idea if it will be breakfast, lunch - or as is seemingly becoming BA's CE offering: nothing. Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
AMS - LHR, Club Europe, 6 November

Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
LCY - GLA, Club Europe, 29 October

Lost the pic with the slice of bread added

Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Praise be, the LHR menus for Long / Rest of the Day have changed! Among other things, that means Fish Pie is back!! It's not quite as good as the CW Fish Pie of yore, but still it's very good and the sort of dish that works well in the air.

This isn't a precursor to the CE catering revision planned for next year, indeed the rotations appear to be the same. However the main meal and dessert component have changed. The starters have not changed, so that means Medium is still going to struggle with a now somewhat repetitive selection, since the starters in Long are the salad main meal in Medium and some Short meals. And unfortunately there is still tomato/mozzarella + vegetable sushi for the special meals.

LCY also changed last week, and so I'll speculate that LGW's Long meal options have also changed, though again I imagine the rotation pattern will continue.

So this is the Rotation A menu inbound to LHR, mains being chicken tikka or fish pie:

This is the starter, the change here really being the new pavlova dessert. That's quite nice but could have done with a lot more berry coulis.

and then this is the fish pie.

Thanks for that. I am on the 877 TLL-LHR tomorrow and will report back too.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Great work well done! Such a lottery for me as I am pescatarian in the main. Cannot eat duck but love fish pie! Plus I am on the 877 back from TLL on the 20th Nov... Would love to know what is on the menu on the 876. Not madly keen on ordering a VLML. Am in row 3 on both legs.
It should be the same, all Long inbound to LHR during November/February 2018 (Rotation A) will have the same menu, so you'll have the choice of fish pie or chicken tikka. BA877 is referenced in the small print of the above photo in any case.

Originally Posted by florens
Thanks for that. I am on the 877 TLL-LHR tomorrow and will report back too.
I think we need the chicken tikka photo then!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I think we need the chicken tikka photo then!
Yep, I plan on ordering that!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by loopflyer
I have an upcoming 10:45 a.m. departure same route. Any idea if it will be breakfast, lunch - or as is seemingly becoming BA's CE offering: nothing. Thank you in advance.
Too late for breakfast

Too early for lunch

I would expect a choice between a cold meat & cheese plate or a toasted panini

Last edited by scottishpoet; Nov 9, 2017 at 6:15 am
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
It would be great if someone could snap what the long club Europe outbound from LHR has changed to!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
It would be great if someone could snap what the long club Europe outbound from LHR has changed to!
It’s roast chicken or cod.

The starter is top-notch. Three good pieces of smoked salmon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.