Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Have a look at post 1175 where all the rotations are worked out. Genius1 has got it right that it's chicken + red pepper risotto/beef cheeks, you would be looking at menus for April and July since they rotate every 3 months.
Do you have the rotations for Gatwick please? We were unlucky last month and had the same menu outbound and inbound and there was only one thing I fancied so would prefer not to have to have the same on our flights next month! Fussy I know ! Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paulaf
Do you have the rotations for Gatwick please? We were unlucky last month and had the same menu outbound and inbound and there was only one thing I fancied so would prefer not to have to have the same on our flights next month! Fussy I know ! Thanks
It's probably in the thread buried away in various separate posts, I haven't tried to reconcile it (yet). Gatwick has its own menu choices, different to LHR, but they stick to the same Rotation schedule as LHR. So October = Rotation C, November = Rotation A, December = Rotation B and so on. So if you know your month, you know your Rotation and somewhere hopefully find your meal options upthread.

Normally you would have different meals outbound and inbound for a given rotation, so getting the same menu twice would happen if you travelled (e.g.) out at the end of one month and back at the start of the following month, which is hardly an unusual scenario. Also if there was an excess of catering from the outbound from LGW, you may be offered this on the inbound to LGW as an extra option.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald)
Can anyone help me find the menus (or tell me when/where I should be looking) for flights to and from Larnaca in November? Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ManchesterBDFlyer
Can anyone help me find the menus (or tell me when/where I should be looking) for flights to and from Larnaca in November? Thanks!
Same answer as above, November is Rotation A, have a look at post 1175.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:15 am

Thanks, yes we flew out in September and back in October so hope November is different to September!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Ffs thought I'd be avoiding the beetroot dish this week after having it on a few return legs in September...seems not. The variety is abysmal.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:22 am

Agreed I don't fancy that either. I'm trying to avoid a spicy corn paneer!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Have a look at post 1175 where all the rotations are worked out. Genius1 has got it right that it's chicken + red pepper risotto/beef cheeks, you would be looking at menus for April and July since they rotate every 3 months.
Thanks to you & <B>Genius1</B> for your helpful, informative replies. Much appreciated as always. Looks like it may be special meal on the outbound and/or feeding in T5 lounge for Mrs cziwkga on the outbound, then.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald)
Same answer as above, November is Rotation A, have a look at post 1175.
Thank you! Just one more question - is that absolutely set in stone or could they suddenly decide to start a new set of menus in November that are completely different?
I can't eat the starters, but their are fish main courses on each of the rotation A menus that look nice enough to justify not ordering special meals.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by paulaf
Thanks, yes we flew out in September and back in October so hope November is different to September!
So did you try the chicken instead?

For everyone's info
October 17 Rot C back to LGW menu:
STARTER
Smoked salmon with crčme fraîche (found it tasty)
MAIN
Thyme roasted chicken with leek and mushroom velouté (ate half of it as not so hungry, hubby left a clean plate)
Spicy corn and paneer masala (had this last June, also so so)
DESSERT
Light and dark chocolate cheesecake (hubby ditto above)
British Coastal Cheddar with quince jelly and crackers (clean plate for me this time)

On our way out we had the fritatta and full breakfast.

If I'm right in thinking that rot C out becomes rot A back next month, then I call tell you your options next month. Someone left the menu on the inbound flight and hubby wished that would have been our menu.

ROT C LGW outbound:
STARTER
Poached pear with crumbked Stilton and creamy dill dressing.
MAIN
Thai Panang chicken. Curry with sauteed pak choi anf steamed jasmine rice (fingers crossed we get this next month as Rot A back to LGW)
Roasted red pepper and goat's cheese tortellini with arrabiata sauce (probably also nice!)
DESSERT
Bitter chocolate and orange tart
British Coastal Cheddar with quince jelly and crackers

We will see!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:55 am

Hi,
Yes we had the chicken both ways! Quite nice but inbound it was a little overdone so the sauce was dry, we also liked the smoked salmon starter.

We might have had the tortellini a while ago, it sounds similar it was very nice but very filling.

Would appreciate it if you can work out the menus for November inbound & outbound are as you suggest below, just in case we want to opt for a special meal.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:06 am

So unless completely new menus, I think it will be chicken panang curry or tortellini inbound.

No idea about Rot A outbound, apart from breakfast. I'm all in and outbounded out.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:39 am

Many thanks, where are you going in November we're off to Malaga?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
So unless completely new menus, I think it will be chicken panang curry or tortellini inbound.

No idea about Rot A outbound, apart from breakfast. I'm all in and outbounded out.

Have a look at posts 944 and 937, think someone has found Rot A outbound, more pasta!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by ManchesterBDFlyer
Thank you! Just one more question - is that absolutely set in stone or could they suddenly decide to start a new set of menus in November that are completely different?
I can't eat the starters, but their are fish main courses on each of the rotation A menus that look nice enough to justify not ordering special meals.
The Rotations are set in stone, seemingly, moreover so far the menu contents have not altered since they started in the Spring. I guess they will change at some point, but as far as I can tell, November is the same Rotation A as last time. If you check back here in the first few days of November usually someone will have posted something new, but I doubt it will change.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.