Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I was looking forward to my first CE on a domestic flight yesterday [EDI-LCY] so I thought I'd share photo of it

Apparently, catering for our flight was loaded on to the GLA one [and it would take an hour and a half to rectify] so this was the solution in order not to delay the flight...
I assume they still served drinks?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by smokie36
I assume they still served drinks?
Yes, and there were snacks [popocorn, crisps and biscuits] available.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Vegan Meal, INV-LHR, 25/09/17

Wembleygal and TFFT like this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
LHR-GVA (July 2017)
Club Europe

Afternoon Tea

GVA-LHR (July 2017)
Club Europe

Dinner

More details in my trip report here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ub-europe.html
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:05 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
A Question. Look at all the pictures..These corroborate my findings.

Why the hell is BA serving French butter all the time?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
A Question. Look at all the pictures..These corroborate my findings.

Why the hell is BA serving French butter all the time?
Because when the suppliers did their bid, two French companies did better than UK and Irish ones. Though as an NFU member I really ought to make the case for the UK dairy industry, I have to say the butter from Président and Elle et Vire are both good quality, and both producers have good reputations in the French farming industry, the latter being a co-operative at the production level.

We've had a thread on this with more background:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rd-butter.html
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Due to the fact that I got rebooked from my airberlin itinerary, I flew LHR-TXL on Wednesday 27th and I was frankly not expecting a lot. My companion had been prepared to expect the worst, but he was blown away by the service. And it really was very good, by two older cabin crew members one of whom was Portuguese.

They can certainly deliver a real cup of tea on BA, one to enjoy because living abroad I don't often get cups of tea (although I got an excellent one in the Tee Gschwendner tearoom in Bad Godesberg by Bonn today). The full English breakfast was really good quality and much more copious than the one I got on the previous flight from AUH. The bread was good quality too. Drinks refills were regularly offered (just water and soft drinks for me).

So, in conclusion, having expected the worst, this experience has shown me that BA has a business class product in Europe just as good as, if not better, than other airlines. Does Berlin fit into a slightly higher band for catering than, say, Geneva?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Because when the suppliers did their bid, two French companies did better than UK and Irish ones. Though as an NFU member I really ought to make the case for the UK dairy industry, I have to say the butter from Président and Elle et Vire are both good quality, and both producers have good reputations in the French farming industry, the latter being a co-operative at the production level.
I agree. I think it is fairly good tasting butter by the standard of large brands. Incidentally, having recently had the pleasure to be treated to incredibly decadent Normand small farm home churned raw butter, I find it hard to have anything to say against the concept of French butter!

There is some brilliant butter in Britain too, but if looking at large producers, I find the President actually better-tasting than its most obvious British equivalents.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Concerto
So, in conclusion, having expected the worst, this experience has shown me that BA has a business class product in Europe just as good as, if not better, than other airlines. Does Berlin fit into a slightly higher band for catering than, say, Geneva?
It's in the same "Short" band as GVA. Medium band is so narrow on that side of Europe that the next locations, KRK and WAW are already into Long. MAD, for example, is Medium. However I don't think Breakfast was much of an issue here, it's pretty much the same for everyone other than LBA and MAN, and is probably better than the offering on other airlines. The differences come out on the non Long route for the rest of the day.

That said, a good cabin crew can make all the difference in the world, and yes BA's tea is thankfully very good. The substance labelled coffee is another matter!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Flew MAD-LHR CE , kosher meal (previously bountiful) seemed scaled down to pretty much the same as the standard offering.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
And you will find the same French butter in various 3rd party lounges across Europe, not just in france.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm flying Athens - London tomorrow evening in CE, anyone has a clue what to expect for dinner?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's in the same "Short" band as GVA. Medium band is so narrow on that side of Europe that the next locations, KRK and WAW are already into Long. MAD, for example, is Medium.
Moreover, beyond flyertalkers, I doubt many people even notice the difference between 'short' and 'medium' bands which have exactly the same food and where you need to pay attention to such things as 'how is champagne served?' To know where you are.

by contrast, even anyone's most 'disconnected from reality' uncle can figure out that medium vs long catering (as you point out, only after breakfast) belong to two different worlds.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: Meow Mix
LHR - LBA
BA1342
23/09/2017
VLML / Vegetarian Lacto-ovo

Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Oh I haven't seen that in a while now, angeloedades . My OH has now switched to different meals to get some change. I think it is really poor of BA to keep the same meals for so long.
angeloedades and Tobias-UK like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.