Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
The consistency of scrambled egg is a matter of personal taste - I happen to like mine quite wet whereas what some describe as "fluffy" reminds me too much of what you get if you use put eggs in a microwave.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by florens
My OH ordered her vegan meal, weeks back, but nothing was loaded (I have it confirmed in myflightsapp, and BA MMB). The cabin crew apologised and grabbed a M&S fruit bowl from the M&S menu, plus pastries and jam.
Interesting! I think this might be the first report of the crew proactively offering something from the M&S menu after catering wasn't loaded - until now the message has most definitely been that this is something they aren't allowed to do...
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
BA777 from ARN to LHR on 12 September. My first long and it was impressive.

I quite like beetroot so I found the starter very good.

For the main I had the Beef Cheek. The cabin crew member (20 years service) noted that this is always very very popular. So popular that she has never come across a leftover one yet so has not had a chance to try it.

It was amazing! I told her that when she collected the trays and she said everyone says that. Dessert was fine, the cheese pretty bad. I think the oat cakes are vile and the Brie looked like it had been out in the sun or something so I only had a little of it. Water crackers of some kind are better than oat cakes.

Next I flew from London Heathrow to Dublin on the BA824. I selected a Kosher meal as I wanted to see what was offered for this on a post-afternoon tea service. Imagine my utter utter disappointment when presented with 3 finger sandwiches.

17:40 is not an afternoon tea service and I had planned on a "dinner" not an afternoon tea. Taste wise it was fine, but I wasn't in the mood for a sandwich.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
Interesting! I think this might be the first report of the crew proactively offering something from the M&S menu after catering wasn't loaded - until now the message has most definitely been that this is something they aren't allowed to do...
I also was very surprised on board and did not expect it to be honest.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:58 pm

Just finished a couple short band flights over the last few days (LHR-TXL and back)... the duck salad on the way out was considerably better than I had expected, but the chicken on the way back... YIKES! Talk about chokingly dry
Attached Images   
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by pmanchuk
Just finished a couple short band flights over the last few days (LHR-TXL and back)... the duck salad on the way out was considerably better than I had expected, but the chicken on the way back... YIKES! Talk about chokingly dry
I had the chicken too yesterday and agree it was horribly dry. Mixed with the potato salad helped.

But when the choice is that awful beef/jalapeno panani or the chicken - I'll still take the dry chicken every time.

Like the dessert though!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
On a recent short band evening meal flight I ordered a vegan meal to get a change from the standard options. Last time I did this I got a rather nice veggie sushi. This time I got something less exciting (lentils and couscous I think, but seemed more filling than the standard option). I noticed someone else ordered a special meal and got sushi (this one looked like it had fish so obviously not the veggie option).

Does anyone know what meal option will get me the sushi? I'm not vegetarian so I'd be delighted if it included fish, but happy with a veggie option too.

The hot sandwich option wasn't a panini and plenty were loaded.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:07 am

LGW-ACE Departure time 1655 BA2734

Certainly an improvement ^ Plenty of meals loaded 9 rows of CE.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by layz

Does anyone know what meal option will get me the sushi? I'm not vegetarian so I'd be delighted if it included fish, but happy with a veggie option too.
If you order a low fat meal, you will reeive this "fish free" fake sushi you are talking about.
What looks like fish is actually picked vegetable.
I had it a few times, nice!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yesterday's BA 799 HEL-LHR. Quite empty - row 1 only had 1/4 seats taken, I had the whole ABC section, but I think divider was row 5 or 6? Interesting to note there were M&S menus even up through Row 1.

No menu (!?!?!)

Beetroot starter. Chicken with risotto or beef cheek with mash and vegetables. Chose the beef cheek. Banana dessert and cheese.

Beetroot nice, but quite bland and obviously costs BA pennies to serve. Beef cheek delicious but presentation horrific. Cheese bland, oatcakes a bit 'soggy' almost, it seemed. Dessert was sickeningly sweet, not a huge fan. Fairly decent service throughout. At least 4 minis of Cîroc were to be found (I had two, gentleman across the aisle had 2), hoping though doubting that's more than a miscater.
Attached Images    
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by lostinlondon
Beetroot nice, but quite bland and obviously costs BA pennies to serve. Beef cheek delicious but presentation horrific. Cheese bland, oatcakes a bit 'soggy' almost, it seemed. Dessert was sickeningly sweet, not a huge fan. Fairly decent service throughout. At least 4 minis of Cîroc were to be found (I had two, gentleman across the aisle had 2), hoping though doubting that's more than a miscater.
You had the exact same meal as the one I posted up thread. Agree with you on the beetroot, it tastes like beetroot which is fine but it's no taste sensation.

The beef cheek really is great!

So happy with your comments on the oatcakes and the cheese. A complete miss as far as I am concerned.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
You had the exact same meal as the one I posted up thread.
Just in case it's not obvious, the menus are now very standardised: every Long flight leaving LHR in September will have precisely the same menu. There are 3 monthly rotations, we are currently in Rotation B, so in December it will be the same too, but in October we move to Rotation C and a different set of menus.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I am really surprised that there's no veggie main option. That is a really poor show in my book
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Had a KSML MAD-LHR a couple of days ago , much less food than last time, seems to have been enhanced to be similar to the standard CE offering
i.e. 3 small slices of chicken for the main.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Avios
Cityflyer Summer Routes

I'm flying AGP-BHX in CE in a couple of Saturdays time. Anyone know how these are catered and what the food may be like?

Last edited by f-mouse; Sep 21, 2017 at 2:15 am Reason: Incorrect spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.