Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
CE service certainly strained this morning. I was on the ARN-LHR today (actually at the front of the ET thank goodness) with two cabin crew for CE and two for ET. CE had 50 (yes, 50) 'guests' - the last of which was served just 23 minutes (on a 2 hour+ flight) before landing - and then one person chirped-up 'I haven't been served yet!' - needless to say, they didn't get their meal.

Having gone out CE on Tuesday, the meal on the longer European routes is pretty substantial... .
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I have to say I miss the good continental breakfast option in CE. I had to go hungry with just a yoghurt on my most recent VIE-LHR flights....
me too. I'm not that keen on ba hot breakfasts si was always going for the cold breakfast and they regularly ran out on my flights (I accept breakfast traditions may differ by routes)
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by CKBA
CE service certainly strained this morning. I was on the ARN-LHR today (actually at the front of the ET thank goodness) with two cabin crew for CE and two for ET. CE had 50 (yes, 50) 'guests' - the last of which was served just 23 minutes (on a 2 hour+ flight) before landing - and then one person chirped-up 'I haven't been served yet!' - needless to say, they didn't get their meal.

Having gone out CE on Tuesday, the meal on the longer European routes is pretty substantial... .
I thought there was a union requirement for 1:15 in CE?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Today on BA718 LHR-ZRH 3 ploughmans were loaded and there were 15 pax in CE.

My OH is now very tired of the mozzarella/tomato VLML. Appearantly the VLML change every 3-4 months and there is only one type of meal regardless of the time of flight. This is annoying for the domestic sectors especially with the pre-assigned meal from the profile. Appearantly the profile preferences can only be changed every 6 months. Not sure if this is true though!

The Purser told me that the FA are also tired of the same meals all over again and bring their own food.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Ooops, sorry, confusing, some medium sectors used to be Band 2, so still get small bottle service; on longer ones you are served out of large wine & champagne bottles. The difference is not germane to the food service for medium, you are correct. Still no cheese with the salad plate and no salad on the panini plate (which I did not have, but neighbor did).
its band 3 that was divided between medium and long some like Krakow became long, some like prg became medium.

There no difference between what was a band 2 that is now medium nd what was a band 3 that was medium

Long is service out of full bottle and has a choice of two hot meals, cheese plates etc. No panini.

It sounds like you were on a Medium service not a long
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by florens
Today on BA718 LHR-ZRH 3 ploughmans were loaded and there were 15 pax in CE.

My OH is now very tired of the mozzarella/tomato VLML. Appearantly the VLML change every 3-4 months and there is only one type of meal regardless of the time of flight. This is annoying for the domestic sectors especially with the pre-assigned meal from the profile. Appearantly the profile preferences can only be changed every 6 months. Not sure if this is true though!

The Purser told me that the FA are also tired of the same meals all over again and bring their own food.
I would absolutely hate that. Have you given feedback to BA directly?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I would absolutely hate that. Have you given feedback to BA directly?
Not yet. I have complainted about BoB in the past so I am not sure if I want to complain yet again. But actually I think I should.

We did several ZRH-LHR-ZRH and LHR-MAN-LHR legs no and she always got the tomatoes/mozzarella. Always. I don't want to start to imagine how I would feel as a business traveller who commutes weekly.

I have just returned from the US and when I compare CE to AA Domestic F, it's like night and day:

CLT-SAT (1095mi) dinner (two choices offered)

Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have just returned from the US and when I compare CE to AA Domestic F, it's like night and day:
You are aware that not all AA First gets catering? On later flights and flights of approx 700 miles or less (e.g CLT to MIA) it's basically a drink and a bag of crisps. That is the equivalent of the LHR-ZRH service, or indeed as far as LHR-VCE.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I have a upcoming PHL/MCO which grand circle mapper has down as 862 miles, flight duration 2 hours 37 minutes. AA claim I will be served 'refreshments'. LHR/IBZ would be long band on BA with a distance of 875 miles.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:37 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Not yet. I have complainted about BoB in the past so I am not sure if I want to complain yet again. But actually I think I should.

We did several ZRH-LHR-ZRH and LHR-MAN-LHR legs no and she always got the tomatoes/mozzarella. Always. I don't want to start to imagine how I would feel as a business traveller who commutes weekly.

CLT-SAT (1095mi) dinner (two choices offered)

Lovely Dear. What is it?

Long band catering looks a lot better than that. Did you get Champagne or the revolting Prosecco served from mini bottles. All three of them.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You are aware that not all AA First gets catering? On later flights and flights of approx 700 miles or less (e.g CLT to MIA) it's basically a drink and a bag of crisps. That is the equivalent of the LHR-ZRH service, or indeed as far as LHR-VCE.
Yes I am. Still, the AA meal was more substantial than BA's long catering and the pre-ordering makes sure I can get my first choice. BA's meals lack of variation really.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
On LGW - BCN this week, only five sandwiches had been loaded for 18 pax. The salad was alright, though the chicken was dry and rather plain.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
could someone please confirm if they have indeed already 'enhanced' away the dessert pot and a side plate of cheese/potato salad (depending on the option selected) and replaced it with just a plated dessert with either the salad or panini on short and medium routes? It looks like that's what they've decided on.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM - Life, IHG Spire elite, BA BLUE previously BA Gold
Having flown LGW>BCN on the BA2706 last week and the BA2709 for return in CE. I was somewhat surprised how few of the 2nd option they had loaded.

On the outbound for around 12 pax, they had only loaded 3 of the frittata breakfast meals. Luckily seated in row 2, my wife got her choice of the frittata, she was the last to get a choice of breakfast.

On the return there were 15 pax, they had only loaded 3 croque monsieur, again they ran out of the 2nd option the croque monsieur. Luckily I received the special meal I had ordered (NLML). The result of the croque monsier shortage lead to my wife offering half of her's to another passenger. 2 pax behind us who wanted a vegetarian option were very disappointed, and it was suggested by the CSM they could purhcase a BoB item.

I also though it strange that teaspoons were not included on the trays, and that when passengers asked for extra milk, a 1pt carton was passed around.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman
could someone please confirm if they have indeed already 'enhanced' away the dessert pot and a side plate of cheese/potato salad (depending on the option selected) and replaced it with just a plated dessert with either the salad or panini on short and medium routes? It looks like that's what they've decided on.
​​​​​​
Yes, my meal consisted of the chicken, grain salad, a bread plate, and a pot of Lily O'brien dessert.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.