Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Coming back from Bergen yesterday I opted for the coronation chicken salad in order to avoid the toastie.

The rather embarrassed CC put the tray in front of me and said 'If you're still hungry after that, let me know I have another'

Quite tasty and fresh but a tiny portion.
I had the Coronation Chicken Salad on my MUC-LHR flight earlier this week. I just don't understand it.

Coronation chicken, more (extra dry) grilled chicken, a couple of whisps of frisee lettuce, and one cherry tomato cut in half.

If they're going to call it a salad, make it a salad. More salad and ditch the extra dry grilled chicken.

It was weird!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Speedbird676
If they're going to call it a salad, make it a salad. More salad and ditch the extra dry grilled chicken.

It was weird!
I agree. I had the coronation chicken with chicken. More salad would be better in place of the dry chicken. Does the extra grilled chicken replace the prawn, or is it another variation.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Speedbird676
I had the Coronation Chicken Salad on my MUC-LHR flight earlier this week. I just don't understand it.

Coronation chicken, more (extra dry) grilled chicken, a couple of whisps of frisee lettuce, and one cherry tomato cut in half.

It was weird!
Surely they just need to moisten the chicken, not remove it completely? Salad can (should) include a meat/protein item too...
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by internetplumber
...[That was my second thought when I saw it on the menu -- how are they going to warm up crispy chips? They didn't, you're right.]
Which ? Not warm ? Or not crispy ? Or neither ?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:18 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by sts603
I do find the slow service thing weird. Maybe lack of training. Maybe just lack of experience with the new service. Maybe just cultural. But in AA one FA frequently handles a 16 seat F cabin with a drink and nuts run and then a meal run with more drinks and still time for offers of after drinks even on 90-100 minute flights from ORD to the east coast.
Mostly there are two. Since the wonderful AA meal tray consists of a salad with some gloopy sickly sweet dressing, a main which is (in my case) hit or miss, and a bit of sweet. This all comes on one tray most of the time. The service is far less complex.

What is surprising - most surprising indeed - is that in spite of everything that I read here, CE seems to be doing extremely well in terms of numbers. In terms of yield I would not like to say as I have no facts, but coming down to ALC there other night, there were 36 in CE. That is a big cabin for 2 to handle.
Actually, in my experience, 3 in such circumstances does not help as there is one aisle and people would be in each other's way. FWIW, I think that the new service is excellent on both Long and Medium.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Do Short/Medium Lunch/Dinner flights still come with a side salad for the sandwich option, and cheese for the salad option? And both still with dessert, but now plated rather than the pot?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Genius1
Do Short/Medium Lunch/Dinner flights still come with a side salad for the sandwich option, and cheese for the salad option? And both still with dessert, but now plated rather than the pot?
I guess you are asking from a LHR perspective. LCY+STN is very different, and LGW a bit different.

Yes, the (current) hot sandwich comes with a small side salad. There is cheese with the salad option. The dessert is now plated. But Manchester and Leeds Bradford get an abbreviated version, so no side salad or cheese.

These two photos from June more or less represent the combinations. The first photo is (note the old stock cutlery wrapper, you're the only person I know who would!). NCL-LHR, I think, alternatively DUS-LHR. The second is LHR-MAN definitely.

Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:03 pm

New Low Fat special meal

This was the healthiest airline meal I ever had. Note that this is a different version of the low fat special meal from earlier post.

Starter: vegetarian sushi with wasabi (no soy sauce, what looks like fish is actually vegetable). -Delicious
Main: chilli flavoured rice, cooked chicken with tomato sauce, grilled veggies. Very nice
Side: cucumber and carrot sticks with walnuts and pea puree - nice
Dessert: fruit jelly with few pieces of real fruit - edible

Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
Originally Posted by bafan
Which ? Not warm ? Or not crispy ? Or neither ?
Very warm, not so crispy.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by bafan
Surely they just need to moisten the chicken, not remove it completely? Salad can (should) include a meat/protein item too...
It does. There is a portion of coronation chicken in the centre, a few salad leaves on one side and a further 4 slices of plain chicken on the other side. It doesn't seem to make sense to me for two different variations of chicken with a tiny piece of salad.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:10 am

The low fat meal above looks good - do special meals work on a rotational basis as per the regular ones?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:40 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Mostly there are two. Since the wonderful AA meal tray consists of a salad with some gloopy sickly sweet dressing, a main which is (in my case) hit or miss, and a bit of sweet. This all comes on one tray most of the time. The service is far less complex.
That's an over simplification. You have the full beverage run with warm nuts in advance and on many flights a separate run with warm cookies afterwards. The fact you don't like the salad dressing and some mains is irrelevant to the fact that they get more done.

On AA's refurbed 738s (which may now be all), 320s, 321s, and 757s, yes there are two FAs. But on the S80, old version 738s (these may now be gone), and 319s (admittedly a smaller F cabin) there is one. Planes with two FAs in F may now be the majority but for years in the early part of this decade when I lived on AA mid-con flights (mainly on S80s and the older 738s that only had 3 FAs for both F and Y), it was one FA for the F meal service and it was still as I described. BA may be better with formality and polish but the regimented British mentality of service generally leads to less flexibility to get a complex service done quickly - and that's why I think we are seeing reports of incredibly slow service on the CE long flights and why many FAs struggle with CW service.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:56 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
BA forgot to load catering for Club Europe, DUS-LCY last week.
Compensation = 4,000 Avios.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
LGW - GLA Dinner
Offered chicken or ham? salad, went with chicken. It was the chicken and bulgar wheat salad. Didn't see anyone get a ham salad. The first two gents served had the cheese toastie, I guess only 2 were loaded.

GLA - LGW Dinner
Offered ham cheese toastie or salmon salad. The salmon was served with potato.

Both meals sufficient for the length of flight and tasted good (well the toastie is a bit boring).

Meal size seems a bit more generous out of LGW than LHR. I have yet to meet a panino though!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I'm due to be on the BA 767 flight from EDI to LHR on August 28th, departing just before 7AM. The itinerary tells me it's a club europe seat. Should I expect a hot meal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.