Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by headingwest
I did think that this forum had finally driven C-W-S to start drinking....but them I remembered what day it is!
Having carefully posted it after midnight UK time, it then slide off the main page and managed not to be picked up until after lunchtime. Busy place this forum!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
What's left now?
Someone mentioned this below to MLA, but is that really everything?
Have they really removed things like Baileys?
Tanqueray, Gordon's, Johnnie Walker Black, Jack Daniels, Smirnoff Blue and Red
Do they offer Tanqueray in Club Europe? how did I miss that?!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by megaloman
Do they offer Tanqueray in Club Europe? how did I miss that?!
I'm really getting the first world problem warning about this one!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
The good old days:

Club Europe
Spirits
Bacardi Carta Blanca, Baileys, Campari, Camus VSOP Cognac, Cointreau, Dow’s Midnight Ruby Port, Glenlivet 15 Year Old Malt Whisky, Gordon’s Gin, Drambuie, Jack Daniel’s American Whiskey, Johnnie Walker Black Label, Martini Dry, Smirnoff Vodka Blue, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria, and Tio Pepe
Short haul catering guide

What's left now?
Someone mentioned this below to MLA, but is that really everything?
Have they really removed things like Baileys?
Tanqueray, Gordon's, Johnnie Walker Black, Jack Daniels, Smirnoff Blue and Red
I should have asked for a Cointreau on my way back from TLL last week but clearly the free flowing Bacardi diverted me. So, at least I can confirm Bacardi is still stocked on "long" is decent numbers.

Way OT, but QR longhual only load two Cointreau miniatures on their flights (excluding A380 where there's a bottle behind the bar). I know as quite a few flights i've finished both, and the crew have apologetically had to inform me I'd drunk the entire stock.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: VS Gold, BAEC Gold
Club Europe, DUB-LHR, diabetic meal; very happy indeed.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by inkiboo
Which meal service? Looks OK, but still a very small portion.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
That actually looks great. My SO would be all over that. Even in the old days she was a fruit meal CE person. I must tell her, but then again if I preordered it. The look on her face when the crew hand it to her and say "your diabetic meal madam would be priceless!"

I seem to remember GB Airways using large bottles of champagne. Am I correct?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
GB airways used proper bottles....
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I've got an upcoming CE domestic flight (LGW-GLA-LCY) and can't select special meals on either flight, can someone check whether they're offered special meals on any domestics and if they are which routes are these?

Oddly enough a LCY-MAN flight (booked in economy) is showing the special meal options.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Genius1
Which meal service? Looks OK, but still a very small portion.
Totally agree. Tiny (one of those Ł1.99 mini sushi pack?) but probably nicer than the regular and I intend to try various special meals for my short and medium flights in weeks to come to find some alternative to the amuse bouche. Kosher booked for next week, Indian the week after etc.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Few snaps from my CPH B2B.

Both flights post 1700 so would normally have been a hot meal in each direction.

Outbound was the prawn (singular) 'salad' or hot sandwich.

Return, I decided to opt for a pre ordered VLML.

The VLML was an excellent alternative but clearly neither compares to what you used to receive on this route.

image album hosting

Last edited by surryson; Apr 1, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by surryson
Outbound was the prawn (singular) 'salad' or hot sandwich.
Hi surryson did you just get the half sandwich, or does anyone know about the 'half' sandwich and why/when that appears? I've heard it mentioned on a few posts where they got the first half and then were offered the other half. Also all the other pics seem to show a whole one so I'm wondering how it gets cut in half?! And how that's being decided...?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I received the two halves at the same time. I guess some crews know to give both halves others do not. I assume I should get both halves though?

Received the same sandwich Lhr/got with complaint sent to BA sales manager. Will be interested to read her response...
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
I received the two halves at the same time. I guess some crews know to give both halves others do not. I assume I should get both halves though?

Received the same sandwich Lhr/got with complaint sent to BA sales manager. Will be interested to read her response...
Perhaps cutting in half is a vague attempt to improve presentation?! Although (for me personally) there is nothing that could make that look tempting....
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply, have since come back from MLA!

On the way back for "science", I decided to risk what happened if I didn't order a special veggie meal. My partner decided to stay with safe grounds with the lacto-ovo veggie.

This was an evening flight and we were all handed menus. I'm afraid I was feeling a little self conscious and decided not to start taking pictures of everything

On the menu:
Starter - Salmon with creme fresh (no veggie option alas)
Mains - Chicken with mash I believe? or Paneer with corn and pilau rice
Desert - Cheese and crackers and a chocolate cheesecake
Bread basket came out as well.

My partner's meal was the same one we had when we went to PUJ:
Starter - Cold vegetable salad, consisting of asparagus, tomatoes, etc.
Main - some sort of chickpea curry with yet more asparagus and strips of corn, with rice
Desert - fruit plate and cheese and crackers
Vegan margarine, rather than the pat of butter I got

The salt and pepper sachets were on the tray (were not on the way out for breakfast).

I think I got the better end of the deal, shame about the starter! I did however have some lovely snacks in the lounge, so no complaints here.

The crackers were not as crunchy as pre-packeted ones, and I could hear others raise this. I personally wasn't too fussed. I guess I'd rather go down that route than the waste associated with pre-packaged ones.

My observations on the way back. We had a really great crew, really attentive, great banter, no glass was ever left empty. This really made the experience for us, despite getting in quite late to LGW.

On the full bottles/mini bottles front - I think you're always going to get a nicer wine when it comes out of a bigger bottle. Regardless of the motivator behind it (waste, money saving, etc.), if it's not hard to get a top up, then I prefer the new approach for it. I was mainly drinking champagne on the flight, and swapped over to a red for my meal.

We're off to JER soon. Having seen the flight times it looks like we'll have the panini on the way out, and the cold plate on the way in. I think I might check out the other special meal options as an alternative!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.