Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by lcyguy
If I'd paid money for that at a sandwich bar it would the be the first and last time I visited that establishment
The presentation of the sandwich looks boring as hell when the tray is given to you, I must say. It really doesn't have any kind of wow factor or panache in the visual presentation.

However, it is very hot, soft and tasty, which I guess is the whole point.

Agree with those who think the salad is a bit on the light side. One thing to point out. If you're hungry and willing to take a chance, the "salad" is a perfect starter. You can always ask the crew to give you the sandwich also after everyone has been served... but there is the chance you take in case there isn't one left.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by headingwest
The small bottles have been replaced to save money.
The hot meals have been replaced to save money.
The portions have been cut-back to save money (like the egg slither and missing fruit!).

Say it how it is! How anyone can say this is an improvement is quite comical in my opinion. And yes, my opinion counts too!

I still have a stack of Avios, and if BA had really improved the offering then I might have booked some CE flights, but this is a joke.
Small bottles have not been removed from the flight in question. What is wrong with champagne being served from full bottles, it's good enough for Club World and First?

Had the poster paid a little more attention to the photographs he might have noticed that the egg in question appears to have been reduced by half, he would also have noticed that the portion size of the cold plate appears also to have received a significant downsizing from what would have been served yesterday. In my view that aspect of the brunch service has certainly been downgraded. However, the introduction of the hot sandwich is a welcome addition in my view.

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
These 'meals' look truly horrid compared to the hot mains that have been cut.
What looks 'horrid' about the meals?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Small bottles have not been removed from the flight in question.
I was referring to the 'improvement' generally - hence no small bottles on Medium and Long banded flights...and we all know why.

In my view that aspect of the brunch service has certainly been downgraded. However, the introduction of the hot sandwich is a welcome addition in my view.
An addition to what exactly? You won't be getting your hot meal or your 'salad' and then have the hot sandwich too, unless of course you ask (or plead!) for something else to eat! This is it folks, the new improved Club Europe.

If these are the meals that they'll be dishing out on routes like VIE, PMI, OSL then it certainly looks pitiful to me.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lefly
And that's it? The brunch main plate?
It looks meager... barely appetizer sized.

About the hot sandwich: to me is not bad looking, and sincerely seems more substantial that the cold plate, a bit on the scarce side again (IMO)
This is the VLML: in my experience, special meal portions are usually smaller anyway - apparently us lentil huggers don't need as much food as normal people....! But yes, definitely not a feast. It never occurred to me to ask for a sandwich as well (assuming there had been any left), but I think I might try if faced with this particular plate again (assuming the sandwich was non-meaty).
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:13 am

I was referring to the 'improvement' generally - hence no small bottles on Medium and Long banded flights...and we all know why.

An addition to what exactly? You won't be getting your hot meal or your 'salad' and then have the hot sandwich too, unless of course you ask (or plead!) for something else to eat! This is it folks, the new improved Club Europe.

If these are the meals that they'll be dishing out on routes like VIE, PMI, OSL then it certainly looks pitiful to me.
Well we know it's all about cutting costs so there was an inevitability about it.

You have to chuckle when you think some people really were expecting an improvement.

The hot sandwich looks delightful - a veritable doughfest.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by simons1
You have to chuckle when you think some people really were expecting an improvement.
Spot on ^
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
The salad alternative is now quite different from the lettuce fest of days gone by.

No, sorry... this can't be called a salad
Again, the sandwich seems good, but the alternative main plate... is it recommended from weight watchers?

Is it dedicated to people connecting to/from long hauls, where the meals are (still?) bigger, so the feeder flight offer doesn't need to fill the stomach?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:36 am

What exactly is the problem with champagne being served from full sized bottles, as it is in Club World and First?

The welcome addition is the sandwich on Brunch flights - it's nice to have an option: a light plate or something a little more substantial.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
What exactly is the problem with champagne being served from full sized bottles, as it is in Club World and First?
The main objection seems to be that there isn't enough time for quaffing on short flights if you have to wait for refills
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:48 am

Says a bit when a sandwich fills the role of something more substantial.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22
The main objection seems to be that there isn't enough time for quaffing on short flights if you have to wait for refills
Yes, britbronco22, that's right. Crew on longhaul probably have a bit more time to look after passengers after the meal service, but on shorthaul they have enough on the their plate (hehe) without having to constantly top up glasses. BoB obviously hasn't helped in that regard.

I've nothing against full-sized bottles per se, if they're going to hand out big bottles to everyone who wants one, that's great!

The welcome addition is the sandwich on Brunch flights - it's nice to have an option: a light plate or something a little more substantial.
Nice choice of words! Great, I hope you enjoy it.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Well I can't WAIT for the Club World enhancements!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I wonder if a vegetarian option will be offered as standard on all meal services from now on? I'm tired of ordering VLML and then getting: a) no choice and potentially something I'm not keen on, b) As I'm a p/t pescatarian seeing that being offered as one of the two main dinner options and not being able to have it.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Well I can't WAIT for the Club World enhancements!
Now that is a very scary thought....
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by simons1
Says a bit when a sandwich fills the role of something more substantial.
Says what? It is an option that wasn't available previously. The change on domestics is most welcome, a significant improvement to that of recent years.

As for the rest, I'm reserving judgment until I've actually experienced it. I'd rather not moan just yet, no matter how fashionable that maybe here at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.