Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks, Prospero, for this useful thread which may have come in time for me to retain some interest in BA catering.

Yesterday's BA763 OSL-LHR may have been a couple of days too early to benefit. I'm not difficult to please (really ) but for a 2.5-ish hours flight leaving at 11:30 CET and arriving at 14.05 CET, I expected lunch.

The single Club cabin crew offered us 'brunch', which was a cold meat platter with no alternative. If I never see a slice of cold salami again, it will be too soon. And is salami 'meat' anyway?

I declined and was ready to buy from the BOB menu which that Mr Cruz had put into the Club seating (apparently because that A319 is also used on BOB domestic routes). That would be OK, but I would have to wait until ET service had finished (it didn't) and a cheese sandwich was stlll available (it was sold out anyway). So nothing for me, though I did manage one of those small bottles of French red.

I had made up my mind not to bother with CE at lunchtime - or 'brunch'time - until I saw this thread. We shall see.

Anyway, if it hadn't been for the Jaffa cakes and coffee in the Oslo 3rd party lounge, I would have been very upset.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Roger
Thanks, Prospero, for this useful thread which may have come in time for me to retain some interest in BA catering.

Yesterday's BA763 OSL-LHR may have been a couple of days too early to benefit. I'm not difficult to please (really ) but for a 2.5-ish hours flight leaving at 11:30 CET and arriving at 14.05 CET, I expected lunch.

The single Club cabin crew offered us 'brunch', which was a cold meat platter with no alternative. If I never see a slice of cold salami again, it will be too soon. And is salami 'meat' anyway?

I declined and was ready to buy from the BOB menu which that Mr Cruz had put into the Club seating (apparently because that A319 is also used on BOB domestic routes). That would be OK, but I would have to wait until ET service had finished (it didn't) and a cheese sandwich was stlll available (it was sold out anyway). So nothing for me, though I did manage one of those small bottles of French red.

I had made up my mind not to bother with CE at lunchtime - or 'brunch'time - until I saw this thread. We shall see.

Anyway, if it hadn't been for the Jaffa cakes and coffee in the Oslo 3rd party lounge, I would have been very upset.
Same on the 1120 flight to HEL. Even worse IMHO, given the +2 time difference
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Any indications as to whether each variant of food offering will have a vegetarian (non meat) option. There is mention of vegetarian breakfast option, but nothing about the Brunch, Lunch or dinner services ?

Does someone who is simply a non-meat eater [OK with dairy] have to resort to a special meal request ?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Have just booked CE BRU-LHR but kosher meal is not in special meals options! Is this connected to BOB?

Currently on phone on hold with BA.

EDIT: Thats what they seem to say at BA.

I always used to get kosher meal even on shorter flights, and the meal would vary in size acccording to the length of the flight. However, now option has dissapeared. Very dissapointing, and no mention anywhere on BA.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Flying back from BUD next Friday lunchtime, so interested to see how this goes.

Also pleased, though a bit surprised, to see BUD on the 'long' destination list. Though given this route starts at £420 return in CE, I think it's sensible.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:28 am

As I understand it, medium flights get a hot breakfast and rest of day it is either a hot sandwich or a salad. Not a proper hot meal per se.

Hence my previous post that some routes are improved and others enhanced.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
Tier points!

Hi
Does anyone think they might start tinkering with the Tier Points awarded based on these new designations of short, medium and long?
Cheers
Steve
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Boyfrombiot
Hi
Does anyone think they might start tinkering with the Tier Points awarded based on these new designations of short, medium and long?
Cheers
Steve
TPs and catering have not been explicitly linked before so I don't see any reason for this change to impact on TPs.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Angry

Originally Posted by Petrus
As I understand it, medium flights get a hot breakfast and rest of day it is either a hot sandwich or a salad. Not a proper hot meal per se.
If BA have replaced the choice of hot mains from 'medium' (previously band 3) routes, with a choice of salad or toastie, this is a serious cut.

This leaves a good chunk of Spain/Northern Italy/Austria/Nordics/etc. routes without a square meal at lunch or dinner.

This cut far outweighs the marginal improvements on 'long' routes, IMO.

Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:37 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Gorgeous Prospero - I'm not nitpicking but I don't notice VLC on your chart - that's fairly borderline with ALC (Long). Any clue where that might fall?

You must have worked very hard on those charts to help us. Many Thanks - indeed it sounds like good news. I'm just wondering quite what is going to be removed to pay for it.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Gorgeous Prospero - I'm not nitpicking but I don't notice VLC on your chart - that's fairly borderline with ALC (Long). Any clue where that might fall?

You must have worked very hard on those charts to help us. Many Thanks - indeed it sounds like good news. I'm just wondering quite what is going to be removed to pay for it.
I see what you mean, VLC is another destination on the fringe. AFAIK, Valencia will be classed as a Long route. Whilst there is no room on the map to squeeze in VLC, I have added it to the borderline diagram.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:01 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Prospero
I see what you mean, VLC is another destination on the fringe. AFAIK, Valencia will be classed as a Long route. Whilst there is no room on the map to squeeze in VLC, I have added it to the borderline diagram.
I checked the diagram - I realised that the map was full. Many Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by Roger

That 'meal' is even worse tha afternoon tea. It is absolutely revolting.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
From my understanding of the new service, the only service to get a full hot meal will be those in the Long Band. The improvement on these routes is quite large.

Those in the Medium band will get the choice of a salad or hot sandwich. The medium route will get large bottles of wine though.

Those bandings are slightly wrong.

Lunch now goes from 11.00 -13.59 on the Short and Medium routes.

I'm only posting this information because I can see some misinformation has slipped out and I don't want this thread to be incorrect and mislead you all.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by gordon0808
That 'meal' is even worse tha afternoon tea. It is absolutely revolting.
What exactly is revolting about it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.