Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by streetmagix
I think it's been posted above but this is what I got on my FRA-LHR (BA915) on the 1st May.

Duck Breast with Salad as the main, Cheese/Biscuits/Mango Chutney(?) with the rather delicious Chocolate Pudding thing. The meat was a tiny bit rubbery for my liking but otherwise it was all rather tasty. As a newbie to CE I can't compare to the previous catering.

I'm still a bit puzzled as to why everyone seems to get the little milk potion. 4 of us in CE on this flight and only 1 person took a hot drink. Why not offer the milk to those who take hot drinks? Unless I'm missing something of course.
Same meal served on the CPH-LHR flight tonight (04 May). Milk was provided by the crew when serving the tea/coffee, to which I added my tiny milk portion.

The food was lovely - portion a little bit small for my liking, and would've preferred a hot meal (from days gone by). Crew seemed pleased with the service (2 crew on a mid-haul A321, not full in CE).
Old May 5, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Silly question, but is there a Club World version of this thread? (i.e. Club World Catering Guide 2017?)

(Not including http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ring-pics.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...hancement.html)
Old May 5, 2017, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by StanYau
Silly question, but is there a Club World version of this thread? (i.e. Club World Catering Guide 2017?)

(Not including http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ring-pics.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...hancement.html)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ures-here.html (covers all classes)
Old May 5, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Cheers @Genius1!
Old May 5, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
LCY catering seems to be markedly superior
Old May 5, 2017, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by StanYau

Also the main course pre-order thread, which discusses menus and main course options.

The main course pre-order choice thread
Old May 5, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
LCY-EDI - breakfast

Significantly better than LHR's offerings as usual. Always find Newrest(?) ex LCY much better quality than Do&Co/DHL.

Old May 5, 2017, 4:56 pm

I was on the 17:10 tonight LGW-BCN.

I didn't take any photos as I didn't actually get any food! Sitting in 1D the Croque-Monsieur had already run out as both 1A and 1C had ordered it. All that was left was a chicken salad (I don't eat salad) or a kosher meal that had been incorrectly loaded for another passenger.

I wish I'd just booked an exit row seat in ET as normal. What a let down for the (claimed to be) revamped service!
Old May 5, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by simonspear
I was on the 17:10 tonight LGW-BCN.

.................................................. .

I wish I'd just booked an exit row seat in ET as normal. What a let down for the (claimed to be) revamped service!
We all live & learn

I have a LHR-MAH sector coming up later this month. Have snagged exit row seats in ET for travel companion + self.

Went into MMB yesterday to add API etc ..... and up popped a message urging me to take advantage of a 'special offer price' and upgrade to CE for 'only' £129 - one way, per pax (we have only booked o/w because moving on to other parts of Europe after MAH).

Thought about it for about a nano-second before concluding that :

a) we will have far more legroom by staying in ET, and

b) no CE meal & cheap bubbly can be worth an extra £129 (or anything remotely close to that figure )
Old May 6, 2017, 1:59 am

BA is now saving vast fortunes having eliminated all meal and beverage services on 'short-haul ' in Economy (incl. Larnaca -- flying time 5 hours), selling instead Marks and Spencer food and drinks. Club Europe ( now suddenly referred to as 'business class') for destinations incl. Vienna, Madrid etc now have a very significantly cheaper, smaller snack service, ridiculously referred to as 'complimentary' ( a warmed up cheese sandwich and tiny cup of chocolate mousse or a salad with a tiny amount of protein and one very small mouthful of cheese. These replace the already small and cheap hot meals served until mid-March 2017. Another nail in the coffin. A great lesson for training purposes: how to lose customers ( and cabin crew's) good will and how to destroy a once fantastic company's reputation.
Old May 6, 2017, 12:17 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I think the current CE offering is perfectly adequate for the 'short' routes like CDG, AMS, LUX. On a LHR-LUX last week (55 min in the air), we got the identical chicken and prawn salad, cinnamon apple crumble, Stilton and oatcake as we did last month on the 'medium' route MAD-LHR (1 hr 50 in the air).I am generally not a big eater so in fact found both meals adequate, but I can see how the meal on the MAD-LHR might be too small for some, especially if that is what is supposed to count as lunch
Old May 6, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
My wife's gluten free afternoon tea on our LHR-TXL flight this afternoon.

Edit: one piece of the mozzarella had been nibbled on and perhaps a piece of tomato eaten too
Attached Images  

Last edited by CloudGazer; May 8, 2017 at 12:30 am
Old May 6, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by CloudGazer
Gosh, that tomato mozzarella seems to have further reduced in size compared to the introductory version! This looks really quite silly.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by CloudGazer
Utterly disgraceful. How can that be called a meal?
Old May 7, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Utterly disgraceful. How can that be called a meal?
That really is amazing. Given a pack of mozzarella can be bought for 60p in Sainsburys, that is something else.

I'm very inexperienced in the hows and whys of choosing CE, but i get the impression that the majority of CE flights are for work purposes and not leisure. Given that situation, BA will try and get away with the absolute minimum as they've got a captive audience.

I wonder what would happen if businesses on mass changed policies to fly Y/HBO in Europe, whilst giving employees a no questions asked flight food and drink allowance...
​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.