Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Did four domestic CE sectors across Monday/Tuesday in lunch and dinner (x3) times respectively. Had the panino/ciabatta/foccacia (as it was named on the various sectors by the crew, closest to a ciabatta I thought) three times with the fourth I had the coronation chicken salad as named above. Thought both of them were substantial enough for the short domestic runs but can see they easily wouldn't be for the longer runs with this service.

Ciabatta was tasty - pulled beef northbound, mozzarella and tomato south. I had the salad which came with a dessert pot and cheese and biscuits going north. Loadings were indeed questionable. Last night with 2 booked in CE they'd loaded 1 ciabatta and 1 salad. On Tuesday night, with 2 also booked in CE, they loaded 1 ciabatta and 4 salad....
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Here you go (I had started eating some of the grapefruit!!) The thing with the baby duck is the cheddar portion and I forgot to mention the dill pickle.
thank you! Looks pretty good, guess i will select 'Kosher' for my next flight on Friday.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Does anyone have any experience of a Gluten free meal (The OH has mild wheat intolerance). Pics would be useful too

Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by dood125
Does anyone have any experience of a Gluten free meal (The OH has mild wheat intolerance). Pics would be useful too

Thanks!
I very much suspect the tomato mozzarella which accounts for most special meals.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:57 am

On my return MLALGW, the menu was:

Smoked salmon with creme fraiche

Thyme roasted chicken with leek and mushroom veloute
or
Spicy corn and paneer masala

Light and dark chocolate cheesecake and British Coastal Cheddar with quince jelly and crackers

All very nice, I had the chicken for my main and it was extremely tasty. Service was as it has always been -beverage cart, meal, tea/coffee and further beverages.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
VRN - LGW (Medium) April 12th, Dinner Service

The cheese toasty was on the menu again, but this time described as a Croque Monsieur. After 5 days in Italy with plenty of heated ham/cheese/bread type offerings, both my wife and I went for the salmon salad.

The salmon salad had a couple of pieces of salmon, potatoes and a honey mustard sauce. It was actually delicious, just a shame it was quite small. It needs to be about 25% bigger, and have an extra side dish, such as cheese and biscuits or a green salad, to make it a proper dinner on a 2 hour flight.

There were about 12 people in club, I only counted 2 choosing the cheese toasty. The cheese toasty really needs to go, it is not fit for a business class meal.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Silver, Oman Air Silver, Hilton Silver, Amex Gold
On my flight last night from LHR to DUB, I went for the Kosher meal to give it a try. It was indeed a passover meal.

Main was a really large piece of chicken along with two other slices of meat, a small side salad, strawberry puree, cake, crisps and orange juice. Barely had time to eat it all!

Also worth a mention, for those with the regular meal, the chicken and prawn salad seemed larger than photos here, and the small bread plate had turned into a side of cheese and biscuits. I had been really hungry, so the Kosher meal did the job, but I wouldnt have been disappointed with the regular meal if I had been served it instead (unlike the original enhanced meals, which looked like a bad joke).
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ABJ92
Okay so after a stunning weekend on JER I was apprehensive about what I would be presented with on the return.

Having been highly satisfied with breakfast on the outbound, the prospect of a few bits of prawn and tabbouleh was slightly concerning. I was mightily impressed. Another fantastic BA CE experience. Salmon and Dijon mustard potato salad. Was totally scrummy! Now I can't wait for my TLS next weekend!
is it just me or has the bloody bread plate returned?

That bone of contention that has hit many threads with criticism over the past few years! Or has something been forgotten and therefore deviously used as a bread plate!?!

I found being offered a bread roll a challenge as to where to place it, in the coffee cup or on the tray awkwardly! First world problems of course but a little annoying! On morning flights the crossaint would end up in the cup or on top of the fruit!

I see they have addressed this in the NEW CW with a metal wire moulded basket of some sort! Like I said pedantic and first world issues!! I look forward to CE food now judging by recent stories.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Sampled the Kosher meal aboard a short (GVA-LHR) CE sector yesterday, very impressed with both the size and the contents.

Meal was a (huge!) chicken breast with beef, served with a pickle of vegetables, BBQ crisps (not shown above), a pureed fruit cup, and a slice of chocolate chip cake.

The rest of the cabin had the mozzarella & tomato panini or prawn salad to choose from. Suffice to say the guy sat next to me was looking quite envious!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I'll post a bit more about my meal on the LGW-JER flight when I'm at my laptop.

The standout, however, was my 50p Del Monte apple and grape bag for dessert. Seriously, in CE?!
​​​
The lounge experience, however, was very nice. I can get very stressed when going away for longer than a weekend; the large number of people in the terminal (crowds can be overwhelming sometimes), the continual fear of having my ankles taken out at any moment by a wheelie case, etc.. The lounge is so calm and peaceful, it is so nice to be able to park yourself in a quiet corner and start the holiday that little bit sooner.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
LHR - FCO 18:30 departure.
Starter beetroot carpachio with goats cheese
Main beef cheeks with mash and veg (can't remember the other option)
Desert banana, chocolate and hazlenut tower or Sommerset brie with biscuits (both were loaded on all trays).

The starter was okay but the cheese was very mild with not much flavour, a pity as there are some very good british goats cheese producers with good flavour that supply the supermarkets at very good prices (obviously for the real top end go to speciality cheese shops like Neal's Yard Dairies), the beetroot could have done with a bit of variety as there was a lot of it.

The main was in my view excellent, the beef cheek was tasty, tender and fell apart like it should.

The banana thing, personal taste didn't like it far to much of the artificial flavour.

Wine selections on board only looked at the whites were a choice of a Spanish sav or an Italian Grillo. The sav was better than they used to serve, the grillo was okay (my neighbour had been drinking it and the crew asked did I want to finish the bottle rather than it bring wasted).

It was this crews first run doing the service and they got everyone served but you could see they were constantly in the go. We had a brief chat while waiting for tge airbridge to attach. They saw the improvement in passenger service but commented that they used to be able to have a brief rest wheras now it is constant work.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
PSA - LHR lunch time flight.

Choice of chicken and prawn salad or mozarella and tomato panini. As I am not a fan of tomato I went for the salad. It is style over substance, 1 prawn butterflied and 3 tiny pieces of breaded chicken with a could of small salad leaves some sauce and a chopped green mess. I think for my return flight to PSA I will order the kosher meal.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Quite enjoyed the ploughman's salad recently on the flight to AMS.

Could not decide if I missed the hot role or not.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: ba exec club
Breakfast service LHR - TLS.

Choices full English or mushroom omelette. Full English was tasty! Lovely eggs for being on a plane and pastries too were fresh and tasty!

Lovely crew and on time departure helped to make it an all round good experience!
Attached Images  
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
My only route so far to experience the Panini (Heathrow to Prague) there seem to be plenty left – managed a 2nd and was even offered a third!

Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
What's the official word on the pannini? I'v been served it 4 times now, and on 2 occasions everyone only got half. Is it meant to be full? Next time I'll make a fuss if as yesterday I have a long F flight and an almost equally long connections experience...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.