FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe catering guide (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1831879-club-europe-catering-guide.html)

ba_cityflyer Mar 24, 2017 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28079644)
Your question was clearly formed to imply a negative slant to this positive news, The answer to your question is clearly answered in my post. BA have been unequivocal in their description of the offering (a) a 'hot sandwich' on domestics (and presumably your 'cheese toastie' would come under that description) and (b) a 'hot meal' on other routes (and presumably your 'cheese toastie' would not come under that description).

So you really think that, say, London to Amsterdam, will serve a proper hot main at lunch and dinner? :confused:

I do not believe this to be the case. Hence the clarification.

I think you are putting too much faith in BA.com.

BahrainLad Mar 24, 2017 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28079644)
Nothing condescending in my reply at all. In a time where BA have been penny pinching across the board we now see a veritable improvement in the service offerings. This is a genuine improvement of the CE proposition.

Your question was clearly formed to imply a negative slant to this positive news, The answer to your question is clearly answered in my post. BA have been unequivocal in their description of the offering (a) a 'hot sandwich' on domestics (and presumably your 'cheese toastie' would come under that description) and (b) a 'hot meal' on other routes (and presumably your 'cheese toastie' would not come under that description).

By this logic, everything written on BA.com is so trustworthy that we can be sure BA will not be including a free bar in Club Domestic.

710 77345 Mar 24, 2017 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28077887)
There will be hot meals on all lunch and dinner flights across all bands.

Thanks for confirming Tobias, that is great news ^ - and a big improvement on what was earlier mooted, which was a cut-back service on shorter flights depending on your departure time (which only works if you assume that there are no time zone changes and everyone is able to eat a meal on a UK schedule :rolleyes: )

Tobias-UK Mar 24, 2017 3:12 am

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer (Post 28079654)
So you really think that, say, London to Amsterdam, will serve a proper hot main at lunch and dinner? :confused: ...

It depends on your definition of 'proper'. Think of it logically. BA will classify flights in, essentially, three bands: short, medium and long. The catering supplied will therefore be appropriate for the duration of the flight. The meal offered on a 'short' LHR-AMS flight is obviously not going to be as substantial as that provided on a 'long' LHR-RAK mainly due to the time necessary to serve, consume and clear away the meal.

On 'short' bands I would expect a light meal, with something more substantial as you rise up the catering bands.

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer (Post 28079654)
...I think you are putting too much faith in BA.com.

No. Like everything I read on FlyerTalk, I take it at face value.

ba_cityflyer Mar 24, 2017 3:21 am

If BA serve a hot meal on a London to Amsterdam, I will eat my hat.

KARFA Mar 24, 2017 3:37 am

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer (Post 28079716)

We are not falling for that one, everyone knows you have a nacho hat just ready for this :p

BahrainLad Mar 24, 2017 3:46 am

Tobias-UK do you have any information confirming the introduction of hot meals (not cheese toasties) on all European sectors at lunch/dinner other than what is printed on BA.com?

bhbloke Mar 24, 2017 4:42 am

I'm on the 777 to MAD on the 1st, will be able to pretend I'm in Club World with the new menu :cool:

ba_cityflyer Mar 24, 2017 4:45 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke (Post 28079875)
I'm on the 777 to MAD on the 1st, will be able to pretend I'm in Club World with the new menu :cool:

They serve cheese toasties in Club World now? :p

bhbloke Mar 24, 2017 4:48 am

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer (Post 28079878)
They serve cheese toasties in Club World now? :p

Only if you know who to ask ;)

Can I help you Mar 24, 2017 4:57 am

Scones..... enhanced. :(

sts603 Mar 24, 2017 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 28079901)
Scones..... enhanced. :(

Yes but there is a salad for afternoon tea that hopefully will resemble an actual J meal. I'll take that over scones.

subject2load Mar 24, 2017 4:58 am

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer (Post 28079716)

Speak to crew nicely, and they'll gladly pop your hat in the oven galley for you. (just takes the chill off it, I always find .....).

Can I help you Mar 24, 2017 5:11 am

Originally Posted by sts603 (Post 28079903)
Yes but there is a salad for afternoon tea that hopefully will resemble an actual J meal. I'll take that over scones.

But if you choose the tiny sandwiches they come with equally tiny cake but no scones.

Hannibal Lecter Mar 24, 2017 5:13 am

On ba.com it does say "tasty lights meals"

sounds rather fishy (and I don't mean because of the "s")

Originally Posted by bhbloke (Post 28079875)

MAD is still Brunch and Afternoon tea, so if you're goin back with the 777
that is what you'll get.