FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe catering guide (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1831879-club-europe-catering-guide.html)

AndyFlyer Mar 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss (Post 28078357)
This is great news. Particularly on the ex-Band 1's where they managed a hot brekkie, but nothing else substantial the rest of the day?

"a tasty hot meal accompanied by warm bread"

With a plate?? :D

Isn't it a warm sandwich rather than a hot meal? I believe it may be...

Lioneye Mar 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Am doing a Long to LCA Tuesday so will post some photos.

megaloman Mar 23, 2017 7:09 pm

Interesting... TXL is a stretch of "Short" band while WAW and KRK are both in "Long".

My next BA CE flight is mid May, two evening flights, looking forward to try the new CE service!

scottishpoet Mar 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 28078740)
Interesting... TXL is a stretch of "Short" band while WAW and KRK are both in "Long".

being in KRK I think this is great news!! My Friday afternoon flights from KRK have now become a meal, and my 16:55 return from LHR has also become a meal

ianfly Mar 23, 2017 9:44 pm

It only mentions a full bar on some services... does that mean no more champagne breakfasts??

I cant imagine them opening / carrying a full sized bottle for a 9am flight

madfish Mar 23, 2017 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by AndyFlyer (Post 28078489)
Isn't it a warm sandwich rather than a hot meal? I believe it may be...

My reading is that it depends if it is domestic or not. Taken from the above quoted link

For lunch and dinner you can choose between a fresh salad and a hot sandwich (on flights within the UK) or a tasty hot meal accompanied by warm bread and a full bar service (on flights within Europe).

But, does that mean the choice is between salad and sandwich on domestics, and a choice between salad and a hot meal on European flights?

or

Does it mean that we will all get the salad and then a choice between sandwich and hot meal?

I would say say the former as the later isn't a choice as they would be giving you both. I do think their wording and structure could be a little clearer.

MODS is there any reason why we cannot post a screenshot of the above linked page for future reference if any changes do occur?

Petrus Mar 24, 2017 12:20 am

Nice work as always Prospero!

Personally with ARN as my base I like these changes and will now always get a proper meal. But as I read it some of the shorter flights will not get a hot meal post breakfast?

Maybe I read it wrong somewhere.

CoweyB Mar 24, 2017 1:11 am

I'm flying back from MLA in CE on Sunday so I will take some pics and report back.

(Currently in the new Club Lounge at LGW which is very nice as has been reported. Very disgruntled passenger in front of me dismayed that the First lounge was closed when we arrived about 06:45 and was forced to turn right not left...)

layz Mar 24, 2017 1:29 am

I'm happy this is being rolled out on Sunday. I'm flying a 'long' route which used to be band 3 so was expecting an afternoon tea service. I'll cancel my special meal and enjoy the new offering.

ba_cityflyer Mar 24, 2017 2:18 am

Wait... so a 'tasty hot meal' on ALL European flights at lunch or dinner times?!

Is this actually a hot meal, or is it BA-speak for a cheese toastie?

Tobias-UK Mar 24, 2017 2:23 am

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer (Post 28079597)
Wait... so a 'tasty hot meal' on ALL European flights at lunch or dinner times?!

Is this actually a hot meal, or is it BA-speak for a cheese toastie?

If you take time to read the link posted above you will note:

"For lunch and dinner you can choose between a fresh salad and a hot sandwich (on flights within the UK) or a tasty hot meal accompanied by warm bread and a full bar service (on flights within Europe)."

ba_cityflyer Mar 24, 2017 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28079608)

"For lunch and dinner you can choose between a fresh salad and a hot sandwich (on flights within the UK) or a tasty hot meal accompanied by warm bread and a full bar service (on flights within Europe)."

I have, of course, read BA.com.

If you take time to read my post, I was questioning the definition of 'tasty hot meal' in this very sentence on BA.com.

Is anyone able to actually answer my question, please?

Thanks.

BahrainLad Mar 24, 2017 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28079608)

You are assuming that the information posted on BA.com is correct and not misleading marketing guff.

As with everything BA do these days, any improvement to anything will be balanced by an equivalent cost saving.

Tobias-UK Mar 24, 2017 2:41 am

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer (Post 28079613)
I have, of course, read BA.com.

If you take time to read my post, I was questioning the definition of 'tasty hot meal' in this very sentence on BA.com.

Is anyone able to actually answer my question, please?

Thanks.

In a time where BA have been penny pinching across the board we now see a veritable improvement in the service offerings. This is a genuine improvement of the CE proposition.

Your question was clearly formed to imply a negative slant to this positive news, The answer to your question is clearly answered in my post. BA have been unequivocal in their description of the offering (a) a 'hot sandwich' on domestics (and presumably your 'cheese toastie' would come under that description) and (b) a 'hot meal' on other routes (and presumably your 'cheese toastie' would not come under that description).

TravellerFrequently Mar 24, 2017 2:45 am

Many thanks Prospero!

Perhaps you could add Marrakech to the list of places that fall into the new Long category please?