Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

If my Malaga gets afternoon tea so does your Krakow.
And my Malaga!
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:27 am

Does anyone know if they are still supposed to serve coffees/teas on mid-range CE lunch flights?

We came back from BLQ to LHR in Club europe but nobody was offered tea or coffee after the meal. I was left wondering and disappointed as it's always nice to finish up that way - I am sure they used to a few months ago....
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89
Does anyone know if they are still supposed to serve coffees/teas on mid-range CE lunch flights?

We came back from BLQ to LHR in Club europe but nobody was offered tea or coffee after the meal. I was left wondering and disappointed as it's always nice to finish up that way - I am sure they used to a few months ago....
You can ask for coffee or tea at any time on a flight. Usually on medium band routes when they collect your tray they will ask whether you want anything else.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

You can ask for coffee or tea at any time on a flight. Usually on medium band routes when they collect your tray they will ask whether you want anything else.
The only exception that I am aware of is very short flights out of LCY, where a few times I was offered any cold drink only in CE.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Bar Operator
I don’t think Band 3/4s will be getting afternoon tea...rather a meal aka “rest of the day service” ...but I don’t know this for sure....I’m going by what I’ve seen/heard

Which is consistent with the updated info on ba.com :

Sweet or savoury afternoon snacks

On shorter flights we will serve our signature Afternoon Tea, which may include a selection of premium sandwiches or a traditional Ploughman’s. This will be accompanied by an afternoon tea cake, as well as our scrumptious scones with jam and clotted cream.
My bolding for emphasis.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Sweet or savoury afternoon snacks

On shorter flights we will serve our signature Afternoon Tea, which may include a selection of premium sandwiches or a traditional Ploughmans. This will be accompanied by an afternoon tea cake, as well as our scrumptious scones with jam and clotted cream.
My bolding for emphasis.
That would be a most welcome outcome, albeit begging the question of what exactly the difference would end up being between 3 & 4. Maybe one of service flow rather than substance (aka, 3 gets everything on a tray, 4 gets a phased meal). Let's hope.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
That would be a most welcome outcome, albeit begging the question of what exactly the difference would end up being between 3 & 4. Maybe one of service flow rather than substance (aka, 3 gets everything on a tray, 4 gets a phased meal). Let's hope.
From what I’ve seen, there will be no difference between Band 3 & 4 from September 12th onwards. The “rest of the day” service in both cases will consist of a pre-meal bar round with a snack, followed by a meal service which consists of a single tray with all the course elements on it.

This is partly to streamline the service (it was taking too long on some of the shorter “Long” flights with very high Club loads, and sometimes impossible on the Madrid 777 Service with a full First and CW Cabin) - and partly because the newly densified Airbus aircraft will simply not have the space to accommodate all the equipment needed for the current Long and Long Long service with Club at maximum occupancy.

That’s the word on the street anyway !

Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
I'm just glad to see LGW mentioned in the site update.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:34 am

I dont think Band 3/4s will be getting afternoon tea...rather a meal aka rest of the day service ...but I dont know this for sure....Im going by what Ive seen/heard
This is my understanding as well.

There's a lot of speculation about things being cut, but having seen the changes I think they look great. Looking forward to seeing some reviews after the 12th to actually see what people think .
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
That depends

Originally Posted by BAWatson
This is my understanding as well.

There's a lot of speculation about things being cut, but having seen the changes I think they look great. Looking forward to seeing some reviews after the 12th to actually see what people think .
I think that that will depend on whether or not you were in old band 3A to Medium to Band 2 (NCE for example). If I get a hot dinner on my next LHRNCE flight (as I used to in old Band 3A days) then my review will be completely different than if I end up with a choice of cold food!

Cheers
Steve
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
No menus handed out today on CAG-LGW. I cant remember. Do you normally get a menu on LGW services?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:04 am

Yes I believe so.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by paulaf
And my Malaga!
I dont think Band 3/4s will be getting afternoon tea...rather a meal aka rest of the day service ...but I dont know this for sure....Im going by what Ive seen/heard
I think you might be right Bar Operstor as I was speaking to the crew operating my FRA-LHR sector yesterday. With a few tweaks its basically going back to what it was before and as AGP never had afternoon tea it wont revert to that. It will however be a one tray 3 course meal. Maybe my negativity was premature.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Its strange to see that KEF is band 3, Im flying there next month so will be curious to see what is offered on the return flight
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

I think you might be right Bar Operstor as I was speaking to the crew operating my FRA-LHR sector yesterday. With a few tweaks its basically going back to what it was before and as AGP never had afternoon tea it wont revert to that. It will however be a one tray 3 course meal. Maybe my negativity was premature.
well... back to before but with all of band 3A now downgraded to band 2 and most of band 2 downgraded to band 1. Also Im surprised if AGP never had afternoon tea as I thought it was band 3 which did. Could it be that they just did not have afternoon tea flight times?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.