Club Europe catering guide

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 25, 18, 8:12 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

-----.
Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284


Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792


Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793


Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
1278
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini


Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6


Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2


Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Mar 26, 17, 12:32 pm
  #241  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 23,403
Yes this was the special veggie meal on another flight. I expect an error.
orbitmic is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 12:35 pm
  #242  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, World of Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 481
As you can imagine, wasn't ideal food for a five year old - although she ate the tomatoes.

I hope it was a mistake.
brightstar100 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 12:48 pm
  #243  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Posts: 25,362
They gave my 5-year old a fruit plate last month and swore it was the kids meal. This was after they gave my 9 year old an adult meal because 'she looks tall' (which is true).
Raffles is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 12:58 pm
  #244  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kent, UK
Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Posts: 217
Confused about enhanced CE catering

I have been following the debate about new CE catering here and at HFP and I have to say I am thoroughly confused as to exactly what the offer is from today.

I have enjoyed a reasonable lunch and supper hitherto in CE on routes such as NCE and FCO and HEL. I even have enjoyed the afternoon tea (I'm partial to a scone with Rodda's clotted cream and a bit of Tiptree jam and I hope that they will continue to be available in GF).

But it is it really the case that the main course lunch and dinner now consists of a panini and not a "proper" dish?

Do we need to wait a few days to see how this beds down or is the evidence seen in another thread here definitive?
Mapman is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 1:06 pm
  #245  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: BRU
Programs: BA Gold, *G (TK)
Posts: 1,960
But what was the previous "standard" kid meal?
Lefly is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 1:14 pm
  #246  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cumbria
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 4,131
Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
But what was the previous "standard" kid meal?
On a DUB/LHR it was a collection of items including a drink and M&Ms.

A couple of examples here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-meal-ce.html
madfish is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 1:16 pm
  #247  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, World of Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 481
Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
But what was the previous "standard" kid meal?
We don't travel short distances too often, but I seem to remember: cheese sandwiches, raisins, packet of baked cheddar snacks, fruit, etc. Not great, but definitely more accessible than mozzarella.

We flew out of LCY, so it was sausage and mash. Now, that is a bit of a luxury to have a proper hot meal on such a short flight.
brightstar100 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 1:22 pm
  #248  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: BRU
Programs: BA Gold, *G (TK)
Posts: 1,960
Thanks.

Originally Posted by brightstar100 View Post
We don't travel short distances too often, but I seem to remember: cheese sandwiches, raisins, packet of baked cheddar snacks, fruit, etc. Not great, but definitely more accessible than mozzarella.

We flew out of LCY, so it was sausage and mash. Now, that is a bit of a luxury to have a proper hot meal on such a short flight.
Must be an habit thing For my background mozzarella is quite good for children.
Lefly is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 2:28 pm
  #249  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Posts: 7,867
Originally Posted by Mapman View Post
I have been following the debate about new CE catering here and at HFP and I have to say I am thoroughly confused as to exactly what the offer is from today.

I have enjoyed a reasonable lunch and supper hitherto in CE on routes such as NCE and FCO and HEL. I even have enjoyed the afternoon tea (I'm partial to a scone with Rodda's clotted cream and a bit of Tiptree jam and I hope that they will continue to be available in GF).

But it is it really the case that the main course lunch and dinner now consists of a panini and not a "proper" dish?

Do we need to wait a few days to see how this beds down or is the evidence seen in another thread here definitive?
The shorter band 3s have had their lunch / dinner enhanced

Before: choice of two hot meals in winter, one hot or main course salad in summer. Dessert pot at lunch, cheese plate for dinner.

As of today: choice of tomato/mozzarella panini or tiny tiny tiny chicken/prawn "tasting duo". Dessert pot. No cheeseboard. Massive bread plate.
BahrainLad is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 2:47 pm
  #250  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Programs: BAEC GGL
Posts: 259
Off to ARN lunchtime tomorrow so I'm curious to see what this looks like in practice, I've generally been happy enough with evening meals on that route but morning and lunch offerings have been less satisfying...
apollo00 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 2:49 pm
  #251  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, World of Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 481
You've seen what our daughter had, here is what we got...
Attached Images   
brightstar100 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 2:53 pm
  #252  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Wedged somewhere between BTS and VIE ✈
Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Posts: 5,499
Originally Posted by BahrainLad View Post
The shorter band 3s have had their lunch / dinner enhanced

Before: choice of two hot meals in winter, one hot or main course salad in summer. Dessert pot at lunch, cheese plate for dinner.

As of today: choice of tomato/mozzarella panini or tiny tiny tiny chicken/prawn "tasting duo". Dessert pot. No cheeseboard. Massive bread plate.
Good summary BahrainLad.

I always had a dessert pot AND cheese and crackers on LHR-VIE band 3 before this change. You can kiss goodbye to the cheese and crackers, and the hot sandwich or taster 'salad' replaces the hot dish. All on a smaller tray and a new mug, presumably because the old ones won't now fit, as well as all the condiments, on the miniature tray!

OLD BAND 3, LHR-VIE
Attached Images  
headingwest is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 3:01 pm
  #253  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LHR/ATH
Posts: 2,412
Originally Posted by headingwest View Post
Good summary BahrainLad.

I always had a dessert pot AND cheese and crackers on LHR-VIE band 3 before this change. You can kiss goodbye to the cheese and crackers, and the hot sandwich or taster 'salad' replaces the hot dish. All on a smaller tray and a new mug, presumably because the old ones won't now fit, as well as all the condiments, on the miniature tray!

OLD BAND 3, LHR-VIE
That's exactly what I had on the band 4 LHR-ATH last week! Overcooked salmon but the sauce tasted nice!
But yeah the new band 3's that aren't considered Long Flights for CE, Itsu is your friend.
Attached Images  
ahmetdouas is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 3:09 pm
  #254  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Plantsville, CT USA; via West Hartford, CT; Stamford, CT; South Bend, IN; London, U.K. and Westchester County, NY
Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Starwood Lifetime PLT
Posts: 17,508
Flying WAW-LHR tomorrow. All day meal flight. Are all "Long" routes treated the same for catering? I've done several WAW flights in the past few years and have never seen a menu, for example, but do recall having one on an IST flight several years ago.
PresRDC is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 3:14 pm
  #255  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 13,956
Originally Posted by PresRDC View Post
Flying WAW-LHR tomorrow. All day meal flight. Are all "Long" routes treated the same for catering? I've done several WAW flights in the past few years and have never seen a menu, for example, but do recall having one on an IST flight several years ago.
All Long routes are now the same catering. WAW was previously Band 3, not Band 4, hence no menu. Around half of the ex-Band 3 routes are now classified as Long and will probably receive a fairly similar service to what they used to.

The other half of the ex-Band 3 routes classified as Medium are the major losers in this. I am very surprised that MAD has been classified as Medium and not Long given what IB offers in Business.
Genius1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread