Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
I'm flying on one of the long (Band 4) flights in a couple of weeks, and appear to have had the misfortune to find it one of the 'double fish' menus (I hate fish). With this in mind, does anyone know...
a) if it is possible to order a SPML in just the outbound direction of a return booking? (The return is the chicken curry which I quite like.)
b) if so, what is generally the best of the SPML options?
c) if not, how often they run out of a choice on these flights? My one previous experience has left me slightly traumatised... they ran out of one of the meals after just one row!

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
I'm flying on one of the long (Band 4) flights in a couple of weeks, and appear to have had the misfortune to find it one of the 'double fish' menus (I hate fish).
I've seen double meat menus but double fish....?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
I'm flying on one of the long (Band 4) flights in a couple of weeks, and appear to have had the misfortune to find it one of the 'double fish' menus (I hate fish). With this in mind, does anyone know...
a) if it is possible to order a SPML in just the outbound direction of a return booking? (The return is the chicken curry which I quite like.)
b) if so, what is generally the best of the SPML options?
c) if not, how often they run out of a choice on these flights? My one previous experience has left me slightly traumatised... they ran out of one of the meals after just one row!

Thanks in advance
if you look at mmb, you’ll see that the selection of special meals is done segment by segment. Choosing a special meal on any one segment will leave all the others as ‘standard order on board’.

your second question is not what’s the best spml really but which will not give you a non fish meal and effectively vegetarian are your only safe options. There is a specific thread dedicated to vegetarian/vegan spml which will give you ideas of likely menus plus a few posts in this thread which are linked in the wiki. Everything else could be fish.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:07 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by orbitmic
There is a specific thread dedicated to vegetarian/vegan spml which will give you ideas of likely menus plus a few posts in this thread which are linked in the wiki. Everything else could be fish.
Thanks. Will try to find the thread. I don't remember seeing one for shorthaul, only longhaul, but I do have a dicky memory sometimes!

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I've seen double meat menus but double fish....?
Yes, there's one floating around that has a fish starter and a fish main - and in my experience the fish mains tend to be the majority load. It's really going to be a stinky flight!

Do you still get the same cheese and dessert with veggie specials?

Last edited by LordBuckethead; Oct 28, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Leeds Bradford to London Heathrow, 27th October 2017, BA1343 Afternoon tea
Attached Images  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
London Heathrow to Leeds Bradford, 29th October 2017, BA1344 Dinner

Seemingly only one choice on this flight, all service delivered by hand from galley (which surprised me with 4 rows of Club on such a short flight).
Attached Images  
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ba 2789 lgw-bod

Yesterday morning's BA 2789 LGW-BOD. Standard CE brekkie. Salt and pepper necessary, though everything palatable. CC very, very attentive. All meals/drinks were hand-delivered, proactively offered seconds on bread, very good with refills. Also offered a third "option" of just bread (given there were extra), muesli, jam, and butter (which people did accept) ^

Don't understand why they can't have similar eggs out of LHR...
Attached Images  
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Has anyone else noticed that the beef and cheese paninis have had more filling in lately or have i just been lucky? Todays on a LHR - EDI flight even had chillis that were...well chilli. Thumbs up or maybe im just easy to please
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Did you get a bread roll on the side of your filled bread roll ?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Did you get a bread roll on the side of your filled bread roll ?
Ha i was offered to be honest...i passed!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by lostinlondon
Yesterday morning's BA 2789 LGW-BOD. Standard CE brekkie. Salt and pepper necessary, though everything palatable. CC very, very attentive. All meals/drinks were hand-delivered, proactively offered seconds on bread, very good with refills. Also offered a third "option" of just bread (given there were extra), muesli, jam, and butter (which people did accept) ^

Don't understand why they can't have similar eggs out of LHR...
That omelette looks great....even the sausage looks decent too.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
New menus out of LCY came in place yesterday. Here is my first stab at trying to work out their system. I have to say, trying to decode all BA's Club Europe menus is putting me in good training for GCHQ's Christmas quiz.

So I'm under the impression that LCY still works off the 4 bands. One rotation that lasts (in this case) the Winter season, out and back options (I think). Here is band 1 for the shorter flights such as LCY to ORY and DUS. Both options are effectively chilled salads.

And this is the chicken tikka option, it's a rye bread slice with raita topping on the right hand side:

For these shorter flights, frankly you would be eating for pretty much the entire time you were in the cruise. The dessert was specified, but it's a cheesecake with coconut shavings and raspberry coulis.

EDIT:
Here is the tuna option from that menu, looks like it is the same menu in both directions. There isn't a huge amount of tuna in this serving, whereas the chicken content is reasonably generous on the previous flight.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Oct 31, 2017 at 1:29 pm
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
New menus out of LCY came in place yesterday. Here is my first stab at trying to work out their system. I have to say, trying to decode all BA's Club Europe menus is putting me in good training for GCHQ's Christmas quiz.

So I'm under the impression that LCY still works off the 4 bands. One rotation that lasts (in this case) the Winter season, out and back options (I think). Here is band 1 for the shorter flights such as LCY to ORY and DUS. Both options are effectively chilled salads.

And this is the chicken tikka option, it's a rye bread slice with raita topping on the right hand side:

For these shorter flights, frankly you would be eating for pretty much the entire time you were in the cruise. The dessert was specified, but it's a cheesecake with coconut shavings and raspberry coulis.
Plastic tumbler? Did they run out of glass?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Plastic tumbler? Did they run out of glass?
I thought the same!
Looks very Norwegian
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Can anyone confirm that FCO is definitely classified under long band for catering purpose? I am confused as some online sites has classified FCO under medium band.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.