Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
A 14:30 departure means afternoon tea; three finger sandwiches or ploughman's salad, both with a slice of cake. The ploughman's also comes with a packaged slice of bread.
Oh great . First time for everything.

Can't even make it a Champagne afternoon tea!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Thinking ahead for 2018 , are we likely to see any changes or generally good enhancements - or is it a wait and see type of thing ...?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Oh great . First time for everything.

Can't even make it a Champagne afternoon tea!
You can order a special meal. A Muslim meal, for example, would get you a salad with the same slice of cake.

Champagne is available on all Club Europe flights, regardless of the time of day.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You can order a special meal. A Muslim meal, for example, would get you a salad with the same slice of cake.

Champagne is available on all Club Europe flights, regardless of the time of day.
He isn't drinking on that flight due to the activity he is doing after
Genius1, LCSinTexas and S_W_S like this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
And the crew left the plastic lid on

I had the plastic lid left on both the cheese and the dessert coming back from ATH earlier this week. I handed the two lids straight back to the crew member.
The lady next to me had her plastic lid thrown on the floor (by mistake) and left there ������

Last edited by aks120; Oct 7, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
LHR-NCL (September 2017)
Club Europe

Dinner

Despite the terrible unappetising presentation, it was fairly tasty and filling.

NCL-LHR (September 2017)
Club Europe

Afternoon Tea (Muslim special meal)

A much better alternative to the three finger sandwiches.

Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by KARFA
He isn't drinking on that flight due to the activity he is doing after
It'll be hard to remember not to order champagne onboard that day!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
NCL-LHR (September 2017)
Club Europe

Afternoon Tea (Muslim special meal)

A much better alternative to the three finger sandwiches.

Ha ha, the generic BA one-of-three SPML strikes again... Seriously getting bored of this now.

Last edited by JustTheOne; Oct 7, 2017 at 3:22 pm
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Shambles on a flight medium band into LGW last night. Won't post specifics as don't want to wrongly accuse anyone but two trays (I believe the salad) were dropped at the beginning of the service. It appeared as if at least some aspects were being repurposed as I saw individual pieces being moved around between trays. Don't want to make any false accusations or anything, but would be very upset if that was the case as both of the dropped trays were totally upside down on the floor (before the plastic had been taken off FWIW). Of course, if BA properly stocked flights any issue of necessitating 'reusing' food would be avoided, but I digress.

Croque monsieur or salmon salad. Won't post a picture as it's been posted many times, but I had the croque with the plastic pot of passionfruit and a lukewarm roll. Carbs on carbs on carbs. Funny how the sandwich was both soggy yet too difficult to cut in places. Sat in 1A and heard "no more croques" after I ordered... hmm... Salad also wasn't described beyond "salad." Neighbour's veggie meal looked like it cost about 65p. Diet coke and diet tonic both ran out less than halfway through the flight. Only positive of the experience were the friendly non-BA lounge staff and the Ciroc rather than Smirnoff.

Usually enjoy CE FWIW but this was quite an all-around mess.

Last edited by lostinlondon; Oct 10, 2017 at 1:08 am
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Wow, it's so bad. I had a breakfast flight in CE recently and it was very good. But I've seen food trays dropped on other flights with other carriers and there has been no problem replacing it, because there were enough spare supplies. Bad idea to undercater to the extent BA does these days.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
I am sad to report that the domestic Kosher meal has been further enhanced (apparently). On a Midday GLA-LHR flight today it consisted of an undressed dry chicken salad. For the first time the standard meal looked better. Ah well, it was good while it lasted, but the Halibut and Salmon platter seems to be a dim and distant memory!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Originally Posted by megaloman
Food menu:

Thanks for sharing this. I have two follow-up questions which I hope someone here can answer:

(1) Does anyone know how long this menu will be in place for ATH-LHR
(2) Can anyone share a current LHR-ATH menu?

I ask because (as I think I've said in various catering-related threads before) my wife eats neither meat nor wheat and therefore none of the standard special meal options can be relied on to produce something edible. In this case, the fish option looks good so we might skip the special meal on that leg.

We're travelling LHR-ATH on October 21st & returning on October 28th.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cziwkga
(1) Does anyone know how long this menu will be in place for ATH-LHR
The menus are on a monthly rotation, so this is the menu for October. I had the cod coming back from ATH at the start of the month; very good it was too.

I'm not totally sure on the LHR-ATH menu, but it will be the same as all other Long flights ex-LHR for October. I believe it's the same as this menu from April: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28186120-post676.html
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cziwkga
Have a look at post 1175 where all the rotations are worked out. Genius1 has got it right that it's chicken + red pepper risotto/beef cheeks, you would be looking at menus for April and July since they rotate every 3 months.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
I am sad to report that the domestic Kosher meal has been further enhanced (apparently). On a Midday GLA-LHR flight today it consisted of an undressed dry chicken salad. For the first time the standard meal looked better. Ah well, it was good while it lasted, but the Halibut and Salmon platter seems to be a dim and distant memory!
Great shame. The KSML was the only saving grace among the medium band catering disgrace. I suspect that it probably became 'too popular' for the greedy BA accountants who thus decided to cut the budget for it till Hermiolis can't produce anything decent.

Paradoxically, in a way, I would understand it if BA decided that they just want to offer a crummy CE product and then tough, but I find it absolutely baffling that they are clearly invest in trying to make the product better on some flights only to ruin their own efforts by making it so markedly worse on some other flights. The strategy just seems utterly incoherent to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.