Avios on sale [via vente-privee.com]

Old Dec 6, 18, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club; U2 Flight Club; Hilton Honors; IHG
Lots of Amex UK offers require payment in GBP. It doesn’t always really require it, but you don’t know unless you try.

So, who’s going to take one for the team and find out?
Old Dec 10, 18, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by memesweeper View Post
Lots of Amex UK offers require payment in GBP. It doesn’t always really require it, but you don’t know unless you try.

So, who’s going to take one for the team and find out?
Has anyone tried?
Old Dec 11, 18, 4:08 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I bought a package of 20,000 Avios for EUR229 (coupon is still not active on vente privée), but I'm lucky enough to have a card registered to an address in France. I don't fly BA much, but I've found it very handy to have some Avios for redemptions on S7 Airlines (of all airlines), Air Italy, SUN-AIR of Scandinavia and Flybe, quite a weird mixture. I'm happy to see these sales from time to time, so I can top my account up. I also have an Iberia Plus account, but it's registered to a different ex-UK address and I never to Combine my Avios, because I have enough Avios in the IB account.

I reckon this is a better deal by a certain margin than the Buy Avios with a 50% bonus offer that is currently running. Obviously the groupon.es Avios sale is slightly better (if you manage to get a 2,000 Avios package). But for the Buy Avios promo, GBP175 seems quite a lot for 10,000 + 5,000 Avios, which is the level I would buy (higher amounts are cheaper?). Of course, if the Pound continues to drop, then that makes for some interesting arbitrage for those of us with EUR and CHF credit cards...
Old Dec 16, 18, 1:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, VA Plat, BA Gold
Just found the code online, via 'my orders' - it opens up as a separate link containing a voucher. Simple process, and points will apparently be credited in 5 days.
Old Dec 16, 18, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by im.daniel View Post
Just found the code online, via 'my orders' - it opens up as a separate link containing a voucher. Simple process, and points will apparently be credited in 5 days.
If your lucky there is a £20 off £100 spend on amex offers which I've been told works on purchases for the French site also.
Old Jan 8, 19, 8:40 pm

Programs: ana ow
I bought avios on Dec 6, 2018. But my vente-privee account is locked by vente. I can't login my acccount to redeem it.
I tried to connect vente-privee customer service with twitter.They replied me to request their partner BA Executive Club Non flight Claim team.
But BA team are no response.What's my next step?