Wiki Posts
Search

Best T3 lounge pls

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Best T3 lounge pls

Long time since I used LHR T3, which is the "best" lounge (gold access) for food and drink, before a BOB in ET ? Not looking to steal only consume, it's a generational thing.
Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It's been asked many times on the board and I think current winner is CX F lounge.

Only additional point is if you need very fast wifi head to the AA lounge.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Cathay Pacific first class lounge (accessible by BA Gold) has a table service dining area that is good quality and the business section has some self service options too.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by 'andad
Long time since I used LHR T3, which is the "best" lounge (gold access) for food and drink, before a BOB in ET ? Not looking to steal only consume, it's a generational thing.
Thanks
Have a look at the recommendations here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...hr-hel-ce.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...e-reviews.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...unges-lhr.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...breakfast.html
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:51 pm

The only caveat I'd put up against the choice of the CX lounge is that I personally prefer the BA F lounge for breakfast. Other than that the CX lounge is a clear winner.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
CX F lounge, easy choice... Tad better wines in BA F, but otherwise CX wins hands down... and they also have better beers....
Old Mar 18, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by 'andad
Thanks
Nothing to stop you from sampling them all once or (twice), if you have time.

Palmer

(I did last week. The Admirals lounge was a zoo. I couldn't get over the queue for the coffee machine. One guy had five measures of espresso in a single cup - a paper cup BTW, as everyone was - even though there was a pile of various sized cups and crockery on a shelf just above the machine.)
Old Mar 18, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
Cathay business wins hands down compared to AA and BA. I assume the same applies in first!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
CX by a long shot. Table service in F or you can pop by the business side and order some other dishes as well or help yourself to some nice buffet offerings.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Ms Flatlander is starting to ask "which terminal does our [BA] flight leave from?" and when told "Terminal 5" she expresses regret that she will not be able to use the CX lounge. I foresee her preferring destinations from T3 in future.

I think that's all there needs to be said.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Anyone know what the CX lounge is like for breakfast? I saw there was a thread but that seems to be from the pre refurb days.

Must admit BA do provide a decent full English in the F lounge - but if CX does something comparable then why bother with BA?

Also it (still) appears I'm the only on that quite likes the FlAAgship Lounge. Comfortable seating and never too busy when I'm in there. Sure the food options aren't too great but what I tend to do is eat in the BA lounge then pop over to AA to relax.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Anyone know what the CX lounge is like for breakfast? I saw there was a thread but that seems to be from the pre refurb days.
This thread may help:

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

There is a link to the CX F lounge menus in the wiki at the top of the page. Post #5 has the breakfast menu. I was there last week and it's the same breakfast menu. There was nobody in the F lounge when I arrived at 07:35. People started to arrive about half an hour later and the seating area for breakfast started to fill up shortly after.

Palmer
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Visited CX Business in early Feb 17. I wouldn't rave about the English fayre on offer, but it wasn't bad. I enjoyed the Danish pastries, coffee and juice, and the food coming back from the noodle bar, which, sadly, I didn't try, looked great.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The CX First has a breakfast menu.
Pancakes, Eggs Benedict, Full English all on offer in restaurant.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: Some
I suppose I'm not particularly a fan of a full English, but very much struggling to understand why anyone would even prefer breakfast in the BA lounge to the CX F lounge breakfast menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.