Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR T5 Security Fast Track Etiquette - Dressing at Belt / Placing Tray at the end

LHR T5 Security Fast Track Etiquette - Dressing at Belt / Placing Tray at the end

Old Mar 14, 17, 3:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express

For those you that use LHR T5 Fast Track Security

1) Prepare while in Queue to place your baggage on belt. So annoying that some travellers get to the belt and start preparing!

2) Once your tray has gone through the scanner, please do not start getting dressed at the belt and re-packing your carry on. Use the tables and seats provided. By doing so at the belt you are delaying trays going through!

3) Place your tray at the end when empty, do not leave it on the belt.

4) Every week when i fly i see inconsiderate travellers (mostly with BA Gold tags on their bags) not following the above 3 Points.

5) The signs are posted above the belts in English.

6) I have now decided to openly inform people and ask that they read the signs

Last edited by deboyzoned; Mar 14, 17 at 4:51 pm
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:43 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by deboyzoned View Post
2) Once your tray has gone threw scanner, please do not start getting dressed at the belt and re-packing your carry on. Use the tables and seats provided. By doing so at the belt you are delaying trays going through!

6) I have now decided to loudly shame People who can clearly read english but are clearly snobbish !
What about people who can't write English?
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
What about people who can't write English?
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Typo Error

Last edited by deboyzoned; Mar 14, 17 at 3:54 pm
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

OK .. i had spelling mistakes. I have a German Keyboard.
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:54 pm

Some of the issues you mention are because of the way individual's trays get separated by upwards of 4 or 5 trays. So you have people waiting for another 2 trays of theirs to come through while trays of passengers that haven't even gone through the scanner are in front of them clogging up the belt.
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Please do not confine yourself to T5 fast track. Please consider drafting a wiki for guidance on fast track and other security lanes at other LHR terminals and other airports that encumber your travel.
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A View Post
Some of the issues you mention are because of the way individuals trays get separated by upwards of 4 or 5 trays. So you have people waiting for another 2 trays of theirs to come through while trays of passengers that haven't even gone through the scanner are in front of them clogging up the belt.
Simple Answer ... As your tray comes through ... pick it up and place it on the tables. Then wait for the rest of your trays.
Old Mar 14, 17, 4:01 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Simple Answer ... As your tray comes through ... pick it up and place it on the tables. Then wait for the rest of your trays.
The issues I have often seen with that idea is that there are not a lot of tables or seats available for the number of people to sort their belongings out once they have retrieved them.

S
Old Mar 14, 17, 4:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Why would you need more than 3 trays? 1 for Laptop case, 1 for carryon plus jacket, 1 for Laptops. Position them on the belt 1 after the other. I do it all the time. And all my trays arrive one after another. The Problem is those that leave empty trays on belt and those that have many trays and decide to get dressed and repack at the belt.

That is my Point.
Old Mar 14, 17, 4:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
For those you that use LHR T5 Fast Track Security

1) Prepare while in Queue to place your baggage on belt. So annoying that some travellers get to the belt and start preparing!

2) Once your tray has gone through the scanner, please do not start getting dressed at the belt and re-packing your carry on. Use the tables and seats provided. By doing so at the belt you are delaying trays going through!

3) Place your tray at the end when empty, do not leave it on the belt.

4) Every week when i fly i see inconsiderate travellers (mostly with BA Gold tags on their bags) not following the above 3 Points.

5) Is it because you think you are a SNOB or can you really not read English. The signs are posted above the belts.

6) I have now decided to loudly shame People who can clearly read english but are clearly snobbish !

This is mostly the men but also women.
I think airports around the world have this every day so it's not unique to BA/LHR etc. That's just human beings for you and probably no intent to inconvenience anyone.

I take exception with point 6. You have no right to loudly shame anyone in public, period, for something as trivial as this.
Old Mar 14, 17, 4:04 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Why would you need more than 3 trays? 1 for Laptop case, 1 for carryon plus jacket, 1 for Laptops. Position them on the belt 1 after the other. I do it all the time. And all my trays arrive one after another. The Problem is those that leave empty trays on belt and those that have many trays and decide to get dressed and repack at the belt.

That is my Point.
It is not always down to the individual on the number of trays used. Quite often I have seen security personnel instruct pax to separate their belongings into multiple trays.

S
Old Mar 14, 17, 4:05 pm

That is my Point.
Because of the whim of security perhaps? Like the stupidity of some insisting that an iPad needs it's own full size tray. My BA legal 20" carry on fills the tray. No way a winter jacket is going to fit in as well.
Old Mar 14, 17, 4:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

If the individuals are causing a delay to me getting my bags ... AND they are frequent travellers (mostly BA GOLD as i mentioned) and they consider themselves as SNOBS (which most of them do) and feel they should leave their emty trays on the belt.

Then I have everyright to shae them in public.
Old Mar 14, 17, 4:08 pm

That is my Point.
I call BS on that one.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: